My First 90 Day Report In Cm

mallmagician

Hi all,

Just realised my 1st 90 day report is due before 31st (sunday).

What do I need to take with me tomorrow? And do I need to set my alarm to get there early? Or can I turn up anytime, and still be pretty quick?

Finally, if tomorrow is likely to be busy, is there any leeway? I.e. can I go next week?

Thanks

There have been 1000's of replies to this question over the 5 years you've been a member of TV and you still haven't picked up this information ? Odd. A search for "90 day report" will reveal a page of threads devoted to this and related immigration questions. Did you find this reply really helpful?

There have been 1000's of replies to this question over the 5 years you've been a member of TV and you still haven't picked up this information ? Odd. A search for "90 day report" will reveal a page of threads devoted to this and related immigration questions. Did you find this reply really helpful?

Not really very helpful.

Im sure you are aware that over 5 years, there have been plenty of changes to situations involving Visa's, Reporting, Extensions etc. So what is wrong with asking for upto date info?

Also, the CM office is a little up and down with how busy it gets, so I was just wanting some upto date info.

Sheesh

hi mate, its an easy process, just the usual copies of everything and fill in a form at the immigration office. You get 7 days leeway either way. Get there around 8.30 and you should be out within an hour.

Just copies of Passport? Or other stuff too?

Leeway is good, as I didn't fancy doing a Friday morn there. :)

Cheers

hi mate, its an easy process, just the usual copies of everything and fill in a form at the immigration office. You get 7 days leeway either way. Get there around 8.30 and you should be out within an hour.

Cheers

End of month is a little busyer. Usually a rush the first hour or so then dies down for that service, 90 day report

Copy of passport, face page, visa, and arrival card I think was the last I did.

really nothing to worry about and copy "Hut" is there if needed

Cheers

As I have said before...why go through all the stress of waking up early and wait for however long it takes depending on the number of people visiting CM immigration. But I will save you the search by repeating previous information on his subject....Just post it by EMS and you will get it back within a week. EMS arrives next day...so in your case Monday, as Immigration do not work on Saturdays. And you have seven days after the expiry of your last 90 day report to apply, by post or in person.

Check the previous posts on this subject and all the information including their address is there...No you do not need to send your passport. Just the original/last 90 day report and a stamp addressed envelope complete with the TM 47.. And a copy of your passport and Visa.

EMS and a stamp addressed envelope cost 37/38 baht.

Keep a copy of your last 90 day report and all forms that you send them, along with the EMS receipt from the post office. Do not use a post office agency...Use the authorised government Post offices in Sansai ...CM ...Hang dong, city Central etc ...wherever you are living in the CM area.

Chok Di

Edited by Raindancer

Just waltz into the office around 10 am or 2 pm, pick up a 90-day report form (and some extras to take home), fill it in at one of the tables in the copy hut, hand the form and your passport to the all-knowing copy lady, pay her a few baht, go back into the immigration office, show your form, copies and passport to the guy near the number machine. He'll punch the right button for you and then you just wait your turn.

90 day reports are a piece of cake. You'll just get in the way of the people seeking one of the limited spots for a visa extension if you come early. I never worry about what to copy in advance, I just bring the form and the passport to the copy lady and let her figure it out. She's never been wrong.

Usually I can do a 90 day report in 15 - 20 minutes. Hubby went one afternoon recently when we had a short week due to a holiday. He had to wait about an hour and there were something like 50 people ahead of him in the 90-day report queue (or whatever it is the Brits call "the line"). They're pretty fast with the 90 day reports.

Edited by NancyL

Just waltz into the office around 10 am or 2 pm, pick up a 90-day report form (and some extras to take home), fill it in at one of the tables in the copy hut, hand the form and your passport to the all-knowing copy lady, pay her a few baht, go back into the immigration office, show your form, copies and passport to the guy near the number machine. He'll punch the right button for you and then you just wait your turn.

90 day reports are a piece of cake. You'll just get in the way of the people seeking one of the limited spots for a visa extension if you come early. I never worry about what to copy in advance, I just bring the form and the passport to the copy lady and let her figure it out. She's never been wrong.

Usually I can do a 90 day report in 15 - 20 minutes. Hubby went one afternoon recently when we had a short week due to a holiday. He had to wait about an hour and there were something like 50 people ahead of him in the 90-day report queue (or whatever it is the Brits call "the line").

Edited by Raindancer

No point in going early you wil just clog up the waiting line. Lunch is 12 -1pm tickets get re issued then and you should be out in 30 minutes. Get 3 copies of everything you need,unles you are going out of the country, then next time you have save yourself another visit to the copy lady.

Just waltz into the office around 10 am or 2 pm...

I agree. Going early is aggravating because of all the other people there for long-term visas. Later is better for the 90 day report. ;)

Edited by Ulysses G.

Last time I went was around 2:30 and nearly no parking available at the office and next door. Found a spot and walked to the machine. The assistant asked me what I was there for. I said 90 day report as I pushed the button. As the ticket just came out she said my number was just called with a big satisfied smile. :D Two-three minutes later was out of there. 20-30 minutes is around my worse case times going in the afternoon.

As for the '5 year member' remark. Things have changed significantly in that time period in both requirement of passport copy, a queue machine and a much larger number of people there. Always a good idea to check the 'current' requirements.

Download the 90 day form tm47 from here on Thaivisa.

Complete the form on your computer and print out. Once printed out, sign the form at the bottom.

Photocopy all the important pages of your passport, including the arrival slip.

Sign and date each photocopy page of your passport. Date them for the day that you intend visiting Immigration.

Once at Immigration collect your queue number from the ticket machine. Once your number is displayed on the LCD, hand over your stuff to the officer and he/she will process it for you.

That`s it.

They do say it is possible to post your 90 day notification and allow a 7 day before or after the 90 day notification is due.

But I prefer peace of mind and like to visit Immigration, either before or on the day it is due. But whatever method you use, is up to you.

Edited by Beetlejuice

My first 90 day report experience.

On the Tuesday before the election, I took my prefilled and printed TM47 (available as a word file on TV) and went to Immigration, with a pic of my visa page and departure card page at 11:53am. I went to the first counter just inside the door and was advised to go straight to the far counter and give them my stuff. Within 2 minutes, the guy gave me back everything not needed and my passport and I was out of there. No numbers needed. Nothing. All done and dusted. Under 5 minutes from getting off my bike.

No if only each subsequent time will be as easy, who knows, but I just thought I would let you know and give you the form required.

Good luck!!!