Sour Cream?

dafyduck

Villa have sour cream, next to the yoghurt, 2 brands, cheap one in white tub about 34 baht, blue tub more expensive. Also Carrefour had sour cream, not sure if new owner Big C kept the same stock range.

Yep, I have some. Once in a while they do run out though. They have been out of a few items I buy there and they tell me not many farang around now, so they don't have it, if that makes any sense...

looking for wide rice noodles as well 2cm's by 10cm;x approx

Many Dalat Nut (the daily markets that pop up all over the place) sometimes have it.

The fresh market in Phuket Town have loads of noodle vendors. That's where all the noodle shops buy theirs.

Edited by KarenBravo

i new about the main dalat seling all noodles but i dont want to get up 3 am just for that,looks like i have to if i want to cook that particular meal.Will head down to vila for the sour cream "baked potatoe" and if they are out i'll ask when the next shipment is in this time, it has happened to me before with Flax and they were precise the stock did come in as indicated.Thank you everyone for spontaneous reps.

Villa have sour cream, next to the yoghurt, 2 brands, cheap one in white tub about 34 baht, blue tub more expensive. Also Carrefour had sour cream, not sure if new owner Big C kept the same stock range.

usually placed where the youghurt is, and looks similar, or where the butter is. BigC, Tesco, Villa Market, Makro, Tops all have both above brands, VM has one more expensive in addition

Yep, I have some. Once in a while they do run out though. They have been out of a few items I buy there and they tell me not many farang around now, so they don't have it, if that makes any sense...

I found the same. When it was Carrefour, Meadow Lea margarine was always available. They haven't had it now for nearly two months. Last time, one of the shelf stackers said they were merely waiting for stock (as if he'd know). The fresh cold meats deli also seems to be closed all the time (with a quaint 'Out of Order' sign on the counter). The freshness of some of the fruits and vegetables is also to be compared with the previous management of Carrefour. And has anyone noticed the price rises? I actually sent a let of complaint to Big C head office, but got an incoherent part reply that seems to have been sent by accident. Over the hill to Tesco from now on...

I found the same. When it was Carrefour, Meadow Lea margarine was always available. They haven't had it now for nearly two months. Last time, one of the shelf stackers said they were merely waiting for stock (as if he'd know). The fresh cold meats deli also seems to be closed all the time (with a quaint 'Out of Order' sign on the counter). The freshness of some of the fruits and vegetables is also to be compared with the previous management of Carrefour. And has anyone noticed the price rises? I actually sent a let of complaint to Big C head office, but got an incoherent part reply that seems to have been sent by accident. Over the hill to Tesco from now on...

I expected this store to go downhill with the new management. That's why I don't shop there any more.

i am retired in Phuket on a budget and when i visited Carrefour on my way to have diner at Oishi some months back i found the prices ridiculous.I live 2 minutes from the Main Highway next to the Mall cross roads and i only shop at" the usual suspects" and very pleased at that.I go to Tops at the mall if i want a nice piece of samon or some special item for my curry and i'll pay with pleasure,even Robinson downtown has some interesting items we dont find at other markets,market research was always fun and its all so close on a scooter living here on the island.

i am retired in Phuket on a budget and when i visited Carrefour on my way to have diner at Oishi some months back i found the prices ridiculous.I live 2 minutes from the Main Highway next to the Mall cross roads and i only shop at" the usual suspects" and very pleased at that.I go to Tops at the mall if i want a nice piece of samon or some special item for my curry and i'll pay with pleasure,even Robinson downtown has some interesting items we dont find at other markets,market research was always fun and its all so close on a scooter living here on the island.

So did you find some sour cream? I was in Villa Market yesterday and the shelf was full.

Plain yoghurt, Yolinda brand at all supermarkets 20 sml 54 Large, put it in cheesecloth in a strainer overnight in fridge.....sour cream.

Yolinda also has the small tub done for you but as others have said its hit and miss lately, they prefer to keep the aussie import on the shelf at 6 times the price....someone has to pay for the renovations...

Oz

"Phuket Deli in Cherng Talay" how do you get there from Phuket going north express road starting from the Central mall or tesco? I agree on your comment sour cream cannot be made that way,actually putting 500gr plain yoghurt through a strainer overnight with a tea spoon of salt gives you the lebanese breakfast recipy for "lebne".

• 5 months later...

Phuket Deli in Cherng Talay have REAL sour cream from 150 baht liter

and BTW - Yolida is a good yogurt, but making sour cream from yogurt is ridiculous....smile.gif

He described exactly how to make greek yoghurt. We make it all the time at home but we don't use the sugar/ chemical crap yoghurt

"Phuket Deli in Cherng Talay" how do you get there from Phuket going north express road starting from the Central mall or tesco? I agree on your comment sour cream cannot be made that way,actually putting 500gr plain yoghurt through a strainer overnight with a tea spoon of salt gives you the lebanese breakfast recipy for "lebne".

Take the road to the airport, turn left at Heroines monument. It's on that road.

• 2 weeks later...