Sophon Cable On Digital Tv

gguy

My old analog TV just died. I use Sophon cable.

What does Sophon cable look like on a new digital TV?

I am thinking that an analog signal to a digital TV would produce bad reception.

I am thinking that buying a new analog TV might be the best idea.

I don't think Sophon will go digital any time this decade.

It all depends on the quality of the TV. Some give a very good result from analogue RF signals: some are diabolical, and only give a decent picture over the HDMI connections.

You can test it in-store before buying and that is something that I would certainly want to do.

My old Panasonic plasma was fine for analogue use.

I also have a Panasonic plasma that's hooked up to Sophon Cable.

Picture is quite good, considering the source.

Have actually had a few visitors comment on "how good" Sophon looks on my set...

Agree with Darrel, that you should test the new set in store before deciding.

When I picked up mine, I was set on an LCD. However a very good salesman pointed out, that plasmas generally are better for analog cable TV.

So he showed me a few sets side by side, plasmas and LCDs, hooked up to analog cable. It was not a difficult choice after that.

On the plus side, the plasma I picked up was cheaper than the comparable LCDs.

It also does 1080p and the picture is stunning, when hooked up to my computer, for watching higher quality content.

I also have a Panasonic plasma that's hooked up to Sophon Cable.

Picture is quite good, considering the source.

Have actually had a few visitors comment on "how good" Sophon looks on my set...

Agree with Darrel, that you should test the new set in store before deciding.

When I picked up mine, I was set on an LCD. However a very good salesman pointed out, that plasmas generally are better for analog cable TV.

So he showed me a few sets side by side, plasmas and LCDs, hooked up to analog cable. It was not a difficult choice after that.

On the plus side, the plasma I picked up was cheaper than the comparable LCDs.

It also does 1080p and the picture is stunning, when hooked up to my computer, for watching higher quality content.

I visited several stores and they said no Sophon cable to test. Will look at plasma tvs.

Any stores with sophon cable to test TV???????

My plasma was actually close to an impulse buy. Well, I'd been looking for a while and was up in Bangkok for the week.

Browsed the selection at Emporium. That's where I bumped into this great salesman, that knew what he was talking about.

And had the possibility to hook them up to whatever cable provider they have in BKK.

I know this isn't much help to you, unless you frequent BKK.

Haven't been there lately, but I'd recommend you take a look at Numchai on Sukhumvit.

(east side between Pattaya Nua and Pattaya Klang).

Good selection and good warranties, hopefully they have a cable connection as well.

I visited several stores and they said no Sophon cable to test. Will look at plasma tvs.

Any stores with sophon cable to test TV???????

If they dont have analogue RF cable then they should be able to hook up some other RF device to a screen for you to test.

Any signal fed via the antenna lead should look more or less the same as analogue cable would.

Just make sure they dont try to show you an HDMI, component or VGA feed.