3G Services In Pattaya

JusticeFT96

Hi there,

I am moving to Pattaya next month and I am just wondering if they have 3g services available in the area? I need a new sim for my phone and will get a netsim with a 3g service but will only buy one that can actually provide 3g. Does anyone have any experience using this service? It will be used as a backup should my standard internet dies for work. Anyone got any first hand knowledge on speed and reliablity?

Thanks

I have a 3G Kindle I bought from Amazon......the little 3G signal comes and goes all the time. I never get 5 bars ..3 - 4 at most as is with all things on the global "NET" it always manages to fade away at the most crucial time - i.e. just a micro second after you you push the "buy" button ...the same happens when I book Airline tickets on line.....you click on BUY and hey bleeding presto...an Hour Glass appears and seems to never go away except you get the instructions ...."Do not navigate away from this page, touch nothing, do not even leave for a cup of coffee, sit and make your Will whilst you wait....etc etc...give up the will to live.......or is it just me ?

TiT

I have a 3G Kindle I bought from Amazon......the little 3G signal comes and goes all the time. I never get 5 bars ..3 - 4 at most as is with all things on the global "NET" it always manages to fade away at the most crucial time - i.e. just a micro second after you you push the "buy" button ...the same happens when I book Airline tickets on line.....you click on BUY and hey bleeding presto...an Hour Glass appears and seems to never go away except you get the instructions ...."Do not navigate away from this page, touch nothing, do not even leave for a cup of coffee, sit and make your Will whilst you wait....etc etc...give up the will to live.......or is it just me ?

TiT

Kindle 3 has a UMTS 850/1900/2100 card inside. So can work on TRUE and TOT networks. But they likely do not have an agreement with TRUE to use their network. So whilst it may see it, you probably can't use it. Perhaps only in Bangkok with TOT.