Good Place To Play Pool In Cm?

pete66

Where's a good place to play pool here? I've been to a few places and the tables have been appalling - same quality as I used to have in my house back in the UK ;-)

Decent tables anywhere?

Oh yeah, and if they are showing the England vs India cricket, a bonus :)

thx

unfortunately Cue Bar - the only pool hall with good quality American 9-ball tables has since closed and is being turned into a Japanese restaurant, because that's exactly what the Nimman area needs - another Japanese restaurant!

Warm Up on Nimmanheiman has quite a good 8ft table, but I doubt they will be showing the cricket. There is some good viewing to be had in there though ;)

The Thai style pool tables don't really do it for me (but let's not do that debate again!), and as you say are often kept in rather appalling condition.

unfortunately Cue Bar - the only pool hall with good quality American 9-ball tables has since closed and is being turned into a Japanese restaurant, because that's exactly what the Nimman area needs - another Japanese restaurant!

Warm Up on Nimmanheiman has quite a good 8ft table, but I doubt they will be showing the cricket. There is some good viewing to be had in there though ;)

The Thai style pool tables don't really do it for me (but let's not do that debate again!), and as you say are often kept in rather appalling condition.

I just can't be arsed to sink 20B into a table where the balls wobble rather than roll, what's the point?

Definitely going to try Warm Up for the "view" :)

Blue Sky probably have the best tables...hence why they are top of the pool league. The problem with a lot of tables is that they get 'levelled' and what with moisture etc they gradually deteriorate over time, a lot of tables in CM are concrete with a levelling compound or cheap ply (which are appalling).

Actually the best table I have played on in 3 years is in the Mexican Restaurant in Saraphi.....I am sure the owner told me it cost GBP10k or something, maybe wrong....past Adventure Hotel on the right on the 106 heading south, if it is still there!

The new league starts Friday, why not join a team, you will then get to play on the good, the bad and the ugly tables!

I found No1 Bar on a sidestreet to Loi Kroh to be pretty good. They have 2 pool tables. One with big and one with smaller balls. Both seem to be in good condition.

Also Thai One Bar at the end of Moon Muang 9 Rd has one really good table. Owner Tim is also very friendly. Place always has a good vibe.

A friend told me he had found a bowling alley with a good pool table.

Sorry don't have a name or location.

Probably Chiang Mai bowl on the moat opposite computer plaza, quite a few snooker and pool tables.