Stockbrokers In Cm

muchogra

My stockbroker in Bangkok does not have a branch in CM. As I am moving to CM soon, I would appreciate anyone who could furnish any information on stockbrokers that they have heard or personally used. Much obliged.

I used SCBS ( Siam Commercial Bank Securities) before I sold up. Very efficient online share buying sevice. Head Office in Bangkok.

Chiang Mai Branch is located at :

90, Airport Buiness Park Tower, 4th Floor, MAHIDOL ROAD, Haiya, Muang, Chiang Mai 50000. The guy there is helpful but his English is basic.

Name Panop. email : //removed//

www.scbs.com

Edited by Asmerom
E-mail removed as per forum rules

kal123, I think some long-stayers may just be too conservative or don't need any more income or risk. I think it's a good thing. Each of their own.

Asmeron, thank you very much. Last month I was in CM, I went to make a house payment to the property company at an SCB branch (a rather large branch) near the night market, the assistant manager did mention to me about the SCB broker and showed us the safety deposit boxes. As my wife was me, I didn't inquire further. This month I'm going alone and plan to get a lot of things done hopefully. I speak rather fluent Thai so I'm ok with non-English speaking brokers. Your inf is noted. Thanks again.

Jobo, I didn't realize Asia Plus has a branch there. I used to trade with them when they were known as AST, I beieve. I think my preferred broker would be Kim Eng. I need to find out myself where it's located. It would be nice if any TV members have experience with them. I want to open an account that can go short. Very strange rules here for ordinary investors. Thanks Jobo.

Kim Eng's main office (called Chiang Mai 2) is located in a large office park just south of Rimping Market Nim Daily.

Head south on Mahidol Road towards Airport Central.

Just past Rimping, turn in the first driveway.

KE's office is about the middle of the strip.

Very easy to set up an account, with full online access for trading, charts, research and analysis.

KE is very good to its customers with lots of proprietary information.

:)

Very strange rules here for ordinary investors.

Utter BS

You said it already.. stay away from investing here... you will be better off...

More utter BS.

FYI investing in Thailand has provided me with an extremely comfortable retirement !

This is a broker list from settrade.

http://www.settrade.com/C00_BeginnerRedirect.jsp?txtPage=beginnerZone/en/beginner-broker-list.html

In Chiang Mai, there are also many banks who is broker for stockexchange, such as Krung Sri Ayuthaya bank, Krung Thai bank, Thanachard, Kim Eng,...

I asked from Krung Sri Ayuthaya bank, they give me a form then have to fill it and send or bring it to them to open account (for stockexchange) but I am not sure that you have to open a normal bank account with them first or can direct reply to stockexchang account.

Dr. G, thanks, APS is noted. Very easy to find.

mcgriffith, thank you very much for the inf. I'm not very familiar with CM. Only 2 weeks there and most spent on sightseeing like Doi Suthep the zoo, the biggest gem and jewelry shop in the world, the night market, etc. In fact, I'm confused when someone mentions Rimping. Seems to me it has several Rimping in CM? But I'll check out their website to locate and call a taxi to take me there probably on Tuesday. I only want to open an account, put my money in, and then do my own online trading and prefer to be left alone by brokers.

I'm currently more interested in opening an account that can take up short positions. The broker I have here in Bangkok couldn't even explain clearly to me which stocks I could short and which I couldn't. I was hoping somebody in this forum could provide more information. Big gain on the upside is done for now. Big gain can only come on the short side. Not only here in this market!

kalbo123, thanks for the warning. I have learned my lesson here and I promise to be extra careful.

Jobo, good for you! Like I said, each to their own!

cmbe, thank you very much for all the information.

I think I will check out Kim Eng and Asia Plus. That should be sufficient.

I have experience in trading, cmbe, and I won't need a practice account.

I also want to open a derivative trading account since each contract here is small than trading in COMEX.

Need to be more conservative when getting old.

Thanks, cmbe.

I also want to open a derivative trading account since each contract here is small than trading in COMEX.

I expect you know about the Sub Forum on the Thailand Forum dedicated to financial matters. You'll find many wise old experienced heads there on the:

Jobs, economy, banking, business,and investments

sub forum

Edited by Asmerom

Anyone have any experience with 'managed accounts' here or in Bangkok?

Yes Aberdeen Asset Management South Sathorn Rd

Anyone in particular to speak with? Thank you.

No I don't but you can just call or email.