Ko Chang And An Internet Date

stardancer

I have friends in Koh Chang and have visited several times. I never saw one spot where I felt threatened. Not that I went EVERYWHERE, but the general sense of the place was casual, friendly, a quiet party always around the corner.

Thanks you, The place sounds very nice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, My older friend got back today and it all went well. I got one thing wrong she was a school camp cordinator for school teachers, self employed.

Ko Chang was great he said and he was never bored for his entire stay. The lady he met on the internet was also great company for him.

The only down side at the moment for him is that she has no interest in moving away from thailand, but they are making plans for her to visit him for a holiday. He will return b4 that happens I am sure.

All in all he had a fantastic time and his leap of faith paid off. So my wife is very happy that all her fears where just not worth thinking about.

:clap2:

This topic was not much of a topic I know but some of the posts where bloody funny.

Thanks for the update.

I would say that, given what I have seen go on with people of different ages and characteristics here, there really is no bar to any type of person dating just about any type of person, if they are clever, patient, and socially functional enough.

I'll leave the thread open for now if people behave, but perhaps after people have had another chance to post reflections it will pretty much die its own death.

Okay, My older friend got back today and it all went well. I got one thing wrong she was a school camp cordinator for school teachers, self employed.

Ko Chang was great he said and he was never bored for his entire stay. The lady he met on the internet was also great company for him.

The only down side at the moment for him is that she has no interest in moving away from thailand, but they are making plans for her to visit him for a holiday. He will return b4 that happens I am sure.

All in all he had a fantastic time and his leap of faith paid off. So my wife is very happy that all her fears where just not worth thinking about.

This topic was not much of a topic I know but some of the posts where bloody funny.

Good to hear that his 'date' was "great company for him".

So she spoke good English?

And yes, we all know why I am asking this... A teacher - fair enough if she speaks reasonable English.

A "school camp cordinator for school teachers"?

Edited by F1fanatic

Thanks for the update.

I would say that, given what I have seen go on with people of different ages and characteristics here, there really is no bar to any type of person dating just about any type of person, if they are clever, patient, and socially functional enough.

I'll leave the thread open for now if people behave, but perhaps after people have had another chance to post reflections it will pretty much die its own death.

[/quote

It would do many people a lot of good to watch the movie "The Painted Veil" the modern version (as opposed to the Greta Garbo version circa 1930's)

Yeah yeah blah blah blah OP. " Great company" " leap of faith" and all that.

Let's cut to the chase.

Did she take it up the Gary? :D

Well that will be for me to know after we have a few beers and my wife is not around to listen in.. ;)

And yes, we all know why I am asking this... A teacher - fair enough if she speaks reasonable English.

Yeah, They had no trouble communicating, she spoke very well. But I reall y dont know the the spacifics of what she does. I am not sure what you meen by asking.

Yeah yeah blah blah blah OP. " Great company" " leap of faith" and all that.

Let's cut to the chase.

Did she take it up the Gary? :D

Well that will be for me to know after we have a few beers and my wife is not around to listen in.. ;)

Rock on! :thumbsup:

Yeah, They had no trouble communicating, she spoke very well. But I reall y dont know the the spacifics of what she does. I am not sure what you meen by asking.

I know some people who arrange summer camps for teachers and students. They are brokers for English teachers. They make bids to government schools for English teachers and agree to provide a certain number of teaching hours for a set price. They get a commission on hours taught. For example the school pays 450 baht an hour to the teacher and the broker gets 50 baht. The broker is responsible for providing the teachers and has to find and hire them. Getting paid is a bit like a Chinese fire drill because the school writes the check to the teacher and the broker has to chase down the teacher to get her commission. Sometimes they build up large businesses and even provide work permits for the teachers.