Kids Activities In Thailand

Blackandwhite

Hi,

Fact finding only

What activities do your children do in Thailand, I am told most of the usual activities are available in Thailand as they are in Europe

Let me know please what your kids do out of school and what does it cost for lessons also are the activities graded for example, mu daughter attend Ballet and she is graded each and given a new level to attain by the Royal Ballet Academy, is it the same in Thailand ??

Mine do....

Tae Kwon Do.

Cricket.

Swimming.

Bike riding.

Starting guitar lessons..

about enough when combined with school, homework and playing with me.

Thank you, guitar sounds fun, we have keyboards lessons happening at the moment, practice sessions are fun to listen to !!!!!

mine (age 4 and 1 years) do the following :

make me happy

wreck the house

wreck the garden

mess up the car

break ALL their toys (except proper expensive foreign bought ones designed to withstand the infants destructive impulse)

fight with each other

watch cartoons

whenever possible on weekends we take them to water parks, zoos, and other attractions.

visit their thai cousins for more mayhem in saraburi

have their thai cousins to visit for mayhem out ours

the oldest attends a thai pre-school and does his homework every day and will shortly start attending an international school abnd hopefully the range of extracurricular stuff there will start to allow sports/music/others.

My twins are 1 year old, so I doubt their activities are going to be useful to you, but some of their favourite activities are walking (more like waddling actually) around and getting smiles from everyone in the neighbourhood, falling down while attempting said walking activity, turning on the water faucet when daddy isn't watching, trying to stick their fingers in the fan...oh, and one more thing...playing with the kids from the community who just stop by anytime to say hello.

I was talking to a friend of mine in the states last month. He says that most families in the subdivision where he lives have children. He has never met any of them, and none of the children know the names of the other children around them. He doesn't know anything about the parents of the children either.

While this may not be indicative of the current area you are living, this kind of isolationism is spreading throughout many places in farangland. Luckily, I think Thailand will still retain a sense of community for at least the time required for my children grow up. Some of the best memories of my childhood are from simply walking next door and doing some spontaneous activity with the kids who lived next to me.

Organized activities are great. But don't dismiss the impromptu activities that your kids will enjoy just by being in an environment where the structure of growing up is not so rigid. And if you decide to move over here, make sure you pay special attention to that feature when choosing a place to live.

• 1 month later...

Hi again all. 200 people read this post with very few answers, I wonder if there is other activities paid for or not that children in Thailand actually do. I see lots of Television watching last time we were staying at a family owned hotel and the kids there seemed very uninterested in the beach the pool or doing much else other than watching TV. This might be down to the fact there is little good quality well taught activiites available ??

At present in the Uk even though there are costs involved there are lots of good after school clubs and activities that kids get involved with as our consideration is still to move to Thailand sometime it is interesting to hear more about what youngsters get to do out of school or after school.

since the earlier post i made here my oldest has started international school and i can now report that if you come to thailand and send your kids to a decent international school there should be a full range of extracurricular activity offered.

to answer your question about thai kids in general, from what i see most of them seem to spend a lot of time watching tv and playing video games on the internet.

i think this is to do with that fact that as you said there is limited availability of well taught or supervised activity, especially out of the large cities.

it's hard to say whether it's lack of supply/availability of these things or demand for them that creates this situation.

the scouting and girl guide movement seems to have some sort of presence, although from what i see it seems to be organised mainly through schools - i may be wrong on that though.

Yes as I thought, there seems like there are bits and bobs available but not delivered professionally or by qualified persons.

Most kids watch far too much TV and play to much Wii ect. Sign of the times, or parent to lazy or busy to occupy the children ???

Anyway, either way it is a shame more well run activities are not available in Thailand to maybe we just don't know they are out there.

In Central World there is a kids zone, which has activities and classes such as ballet, different martial arts and somewhere for younger kids to draw/paint/make things. All looked quite professionally run.

I am sure there was something similar in Paradise Park at Srinakarin.

• 1 year later...

Just came across this post for information.

I guess there are not many options for kids and activities. As an example not a comparison.

Uk bases as we are - my daughter attends a local across gymnastic club at county level, all fully qualified coaches. She has two extra home tutoring lessons per week during school time, she does have keyboard lessons, tag rugby and climbing when time allows. All fully insured an delivered by fully qualified teachers.

I ask again what does Thailand have for kids to do other than, TV - computer games and - my daughter did attend a dance class with our Thai friends kids last year at a large shopping mall in hua hin it was okay expensive for what it was as it was more of a lost leader to get the parents into the mall spending money !!!