What Is Cheaper In Thailand Than Uk?

helpplease

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't be bothered reading all posts but the UK is in general a lot cheaper than Thailand. Exceptions are accommodation, tobacco and fuel. Pretty much anything the Government can take a tax from. I didn't include alcohol because buying beer (not so much top shelf)is inexpensive indeed - especially from supermarkets ... buying in pubs are an exception. Pretty much 50-60p/pint/bottle from the supermarkets with their deals can be found every day.

The times of Thailand being inexpensive are nowadays a big fallacy! Thailand has caught up with and in some cases overtaken the western world. Sure in Nakhon Nowhere, a large Singha will be B55ish - the same as if not more expensive than the UK!!

How much have you paid for a beer tonight? B50 = £1, B100 = $2, B150 = £3 etc ....... the tourist areas are charging up to B200+ for a small beer.

So ... in general, cheapest beer in Thailand starts at around B45/bottle

UK 50p/B24/bottle

Work it out. (I work in beers!)

35 baht a big bottle from a shop..........30 baht if you buy a box!

50p in Uk for a small bottle? i think

work it out (i drink beer)

Most of the answers are from people who have liived in LOS too long, I had an unfortunate visit to the UK last week. Cigarrettes 300baht, pint of beer 150baht, one mile taxi ride 250baht, 12 mile bus fare 250baht.

I know these can't fit into you suitcase however I think a lot of expats would be astounded by the prices in the UK.

If you want to take something back take a 22kg drum of diesel on the plane.:huh:

Imagine what it was like at 70b to the £..

Most of the answers are from people who have liived in LOS too long, I had an unfortunate visit to the UK last week. Cigarrettes 300baht, pint of beer 150baht, one mile taxi ride 250baht, 12 mile bus fare 250baht.

I know these can't fit into you suitcase however I think a lot of expats would be astounded by the prices in the UK.

If you want to take something back take a 22kg drum of diesel on the plane.:huh:

At last some humor.

To those suggesting foodstuffs, it should be pointed out that foodstuffs will be confiscated by UK customs if found.

Rice cooker? We bought one from Argos for £10, and 10 years later it's still going strong!

Fish and meat yes-the rest no.

Ive gone through red channel umpteen times without fish or meat but just about everything else-only thing they are interested in was vegtables that still have all of root/soil on them, but as knew that had already, had already removed this.

Edited by Chivas

At last some humor.

Explain please.

At last some humor.

Explain please.

What the currency exchange rate was before is meaningless if you are still buying in the same currency. So the price today in pounds in the UK means the same at 48:1 as it did when it was 70:1.

And if the dude is going back to the UK now when he is exchanging baht for pounds at 48:1, then he is getting more purchasing power back in the UK than when it was 70:1.

What the currency exchange rate was before is meaningless if you are still buying in the same currency. So the price today in pounds in the UK means the same at 48:1 as it did when it was 70:1.

And if the dude is going back to the UK now when he is exchanging baht for pounds at 48:1, then he is getting more purchasing power back in the UK than when it was 70:1.

You needn't have bothered posting this drivel nor your previous pointless post.

You needn't have bothered posting this drivel nor your previous pointless post.

+1

JH

Anyone mention batteries, AAA and the like. Tooth brushes,both item very cheap in Thailand.

In my experience (15+ years) batteries bought in Thailand last about half to a third as long as the ones bought in Europe. So probably not worth it. It's true that toothbrushes, shampoo and toothpaste are cheaper in Thailand and I haven't noticed any difference in quality there.

And the converse applies to decent quality wet shaving gear. I always bring blades and gel back to Thailand. Like for like about half the price between Tesco UK and Tesco Thailand. Pledge polish about one-third the price in the UK, though I guess nobody is very interested in that (and just to completely destroy my credibility I'll mention that I also bring J-cloths). No I'm not gay, but before I get hauled up for dissing, I'll add that I don't mind if you think I am/+have some good friends who are.... etc etc!