Two Palestinian Civilians Killed During Raid On West Bank Refugee Camp

george

Two Palestinian civilians killed during raid on West Bank refugee camp

JERUSALEM (BNO NEWS) -- Two Palestinian civilians were shot dead by Israeli troops on Monday morning after they raided the Qalandiya Refugee Camp located between Jerusalem and the central West Bank city of Ramallah, the Palestine News Network (PNN) and Israeli media reported.

According to media reports, Israel Defense Forces (IDF) entered the refugee camp at around 2 a.m. local time and conducted a search operation in an attempt to arrest a number of people.

Local youth then clashed with the IDF forces by throwing stones at them, after which Israeli soldiers opened fire, killing 22-year-old Mo’tasem Adwan and 23-year-old Ali Khalifa. PNN cited medical sources as saying that Adwan died of a bullet wound to the head while Khalifa was shot in his stomach.

A third young man, identified as Mumoun Awad, reportedly suffered a back injury. Five Israeli soldiers were also reported injured during the operation.

Palestinian Prime Minister Salam Fayyad condemned the raid. "This crime represents another episode in the Israeli long and continuing series of crimes against our people," Fayyad said.

A spokesperson for Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas stated that the incident was an "Israeli attempt to create an atmosphere of escalation ahead of September," when the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) plans to seek recognition of statehood from the United Nations (UN).

The UN Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process, Robert Serry, also voiced his deep concern at the incident. Briefing the Security Council in New York last week, he had warned that the political process to resolve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is in "profound and persistent" deadlock, and called on the parties to work towards a two-State solution.

Israeli-Palestinian peace talks have been stalled since late September following Israel's refusal to extend a 10-month freeze on settlement activity in the Palestinian territory.

tvn.png

-- 2011-08-02

Do not throw stones at people with guns. :ermm:

The Israeli Army said that its soldiers had gone into Kalandia for “routine arrests,” that a “mass riot” had broken out and that the soldiers responded with riot control tactics followed by live fire. It said five soldiers were slightly injured, but had no information on the Palestinian casualties. The army said it made three arrests.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/02/world/middleeast/02mideast.html

It is highly unlikely that Hamas or anyone Palestinian for that matter, will provoke Israel in advance of the September UN vote. Even the dumbest person should consider the reality of this when placing blame for the day to day nonsense between the two groups. Expect some false flag activity as it is highly likely and for very logical and academic reasons.

It is highly unlikely that Hamas or anyone Palestinian for that matter, will provoke Israel in advance of the September UN vote. Even the dumbest person should consider the reality of this when placing blame for the day to day nonsense between the two groups. Expect some false flag activity as it is highly likely and for very logical and academic reasons.

And away we go with the conspiracy theories. :lol:

Two posts deleted. You are welcome to express your opinion. You are welcome to disagree with other posters, but personal attacks and baiting remarks will be removed.

Cool it, please.

Loss of life is sad, there is no way around that. Throwing stones at people with guns is dangerous, and don't for a minute think that those stones themselves can't do any harm. I have seen that the Palistinians also use slings... ironically, the same thing as David used to kill Golioth. The point being: stone throwers mean to harm their targets, possible even cause death... so taking defensive action will certainly be needed.:ph34r:

As long as Hamas is part of the Palestinian government, then I can't see how Palestine satisfies the requirements for statehood, i.e. the ability to enter into negotiation and diplomatic relations with other states. Hamas is a US designated terrorist organisation, which makes any government that includes it within, totally incapable of entering into relations with the USA and most certainly they cannot enter into relations with Israel, as the Hamas leaders continue to openly call for the total and absolute destruction of Israel and refuse to recognise Israel as a state.

Personally, I hope September does become the first time a group is granted statehood, when that group outwardly rejects and calls for the destruction of a UN state. However, after the fiasco in Washington this week I believe anything is possible. sad.gif

Edited by uptheos

Loss of life is sad, there is no way around that. Throwing stones at people with guns is dangerous, and don't for a minute think that those stones themselves can't do any harm. I have seen that the Palistinians also use slings... ironically, the same thing as David used to kill Golioth. The point being: stone throwers mean to harm their targets, possible even cause death... so taking defensive action will certainly be needed.:ph34r:

Yes, all the time but isn't it funny that it's simply called "throwing stones".

For those who are 'into the Bible', you are quite right to mention how a young shepherd boy slew the Philistine giant with a stone and subsequently the mighty army of the Philistine's were defeated.

Those slings are killing weapons as dangerous as guns and people using them should be treated accordingly.

Edited by uptheos

Just a really silly time for rockets to be landing harmlessly in the Israeli desert not to mention, highly populated areas.

I don't know if this event was real or not, but do you really think that Mossad and other covert Israeli military agencies wouldn't engage in "false flag activities" at this juncture? :rolleyes:

As long as Hamas is part of the Palestinian government, then I can't see how Palestine satisfies the requirements for statehood, i.e. the ability to enter into negotiation and diplomatic relations with other states. Hamas is a US designated terrorist organisation, which makes any government that includes it within, totally incapable of entering into relations with the USA and most certainly they cannot enter into relations with Israel, as the Hamas leaders continue to openly call for the total and absolute destruction of Israel and refuse to recognise Israel as a state.

Personally, I hope September does NOT become the first time a group is granted statehood, when that group outwardly rejects and calls for the destruction of a UN state. However, after the fiasco in Washington this week I believe anything is possible. sad.gif

Sorry NOT is a late correction.

I don't know if this event was real or not, but do you really think that Mossad and other covert Israeli military agencies wouldn't engage in "false flag activities" at this juncture? :rolleyes:

They do not need to bother. Hamas will be more than happy to provide an incident that proves that they are not ready for their own State until they actually make peace and sign a treaty.

Maybe once that announced unity government between Hamas and Fatah gets going, we'll see peace break out. whistling.gif

Peace with Hamas and Israel is a pipe dream , not so long as Iran is funding the leaders of Hamas with millions of Dollars to fight their war by proxy against Israel ,maybe the "dreamers "out there should google up the "HAMAS CHARTER" were they want to turn the whole state of Israel into an Islamic republic and the only way to achieve this is through "jihad".

Just a really silly time for rockets to be landing harmlessly in the Israeli desert not to mention, highly populated areas.

do you really believe that those who fire the rockets intend them to land "harmlessly " in the Israeli desert?

I don't know if this event was real or not, but do you really think that Mossad and other covert Israeli military agencies wouldn't engage in "false flag activities" at this juncture?

They do not need to bother.

Yeah, that's probably the decision Netanyahu came to, so he sent a quick message over to Mossad: "No need to bother". :rolleyes:

They do not need to bother. Hamas will be more than happy to provide an incident that proves that they are not ready for their own State until they actually make peace and sign a treaty.

Golda Meir once said that "Peace will come when the Arabs will love their children more than they hate us".

As long as Palestinians are strapping bombs to their children and teaching them to hate Jews, that will never happen

Golda Meir once said that "Peace will come when the Arabs will love their children more than they hate us".

As long as Palestinians are strapping bombs to their children and teaching them to hate Jews, that will never happen

Yeah I remember the quote quite well ,but the pathological hatred of the Israelis by the Islamic world is well documented ,even the late Saddam Hussien used to pay the family's of Hamas suicide bombers quite handsomely for their "sacrifice", to the Islamics in their never ending quest to wipe the Jews off the face of the earth!.so for all the dreamers out there please do not suggest that this is about land cos I was not aware that the Isrealis occupied one inch of Iranian, Iraqi , or Saudi Arabian soil. Edited by Colin Yai

As long as Hamas is part of the Palestinian government, then I can't see how Palestine satisfies the requirements for statehood, i.e. the ability to enter into negotiation and diplomatic relations with other states.

Won't stop a hundred or so lib (countries) from trying to make it happen.

Russia China India at the top of that list.

As long as Hamas is part of the Palestinian government, then I can't see how Palestine satisfies the requirements for statehood, i.e. the ability to enter into negotiation and diplomatic relations with other states.

Won't stop a hundred or so lib (countries) from trying to make it happen.

Russia China India at the top of that list.

Those bastions of freedom and human rights.

do you really believe that those who fire the rockets intend them to land "harmlessly " in the Israeli desert?

Simply a matter of these rockets not hitting very much at all. The next batch that are sent toward Israel by whomever will likely strike little or nothing as well. Not arguing who sends them, just that they usually don't do much real damage so what would be the point of firing them off at this stage with the UN vote on the horizon. The low IQs of the average Palestinian not withstanding.

A simple matter of risk/reward. Again, the low IQs of the average Palestinian not withstanding.

Personally, I hope September does become the first time a group is granted statehood, when that group outwardly rejects and calls for the destruction of a UN state. However, after the fiasco in Washington this week I believe anything is possible. sad.gif

Are you forgetting that the Haganah, Irgun and Stern gang were all considered sponsors of terrorism and they were given the green light in 1948. It has happened and it may happen again. I do however agree with you that these folks will have a hard time governing themselves but it is not up to me.

There is one huge difference. These groups were made illegal by the government of Israel while Hamas has been embraced by the PLO and is power sharing while meanwhile refusing to recognize Israel's very right to exist.

There is no way that this terrorist group should be allowed to form a State.

There is one huge difference. These groups were made illegal by the government of Israel while Hamas has been embraced by the PLO and is power sharing while meanwhile refusing to recognize Israel's very right to exist.

There is no way that this terrorist group should be allowed to form a State.

"Lehi assassinated Lord Moyne, British Minister Resident in the Middle East, and made many other attacks on the British in Palestine. It was described as a terrorist organization by the British authorities.[6] Lehi assassinated United Nations mediator Folke Bernadotte and was banned by the Israeli government.[7] The United Nations Security Council called the assassins "a criminal group of terrorists,"[8] and Lehi was similarly condemned by Bernadotte's replacement as mediator, Ralph Bunche.[9] Lehi in fact referred to themselves as terrorists and may have been one of the last organizations to do so.[10]

Lehi and Irgun were jointly responsible for the massacre in Deir Yassin.

However, Israel granted a general amnesty to Lehi members on 14 February 1949. In 1980, Israel even instituted a military decoration, the Lehi ribbon.[11] Former Lehi leader Yitzhak Shamir became Prime Minister of Israel in 1983."

Lehi was commonly referred to as the Stern Gang. Both the Irgun and the Haganah were incorporated into the IDF at that the start of the Israeli/Arab war. Several Israeli Prime Ministers were former members of these groups

Apart from all that, these folks are going to have a very difficult time viably existing as an independent state.

Edited by Pakboong

Seriously, you cannot make this stuff up. This happened yesterday. Of couse, the Israelis retaliated with F16 strikes.

An Israeli army spokesman earlier told Israel Radio that several homemade rockets were fired from the Gaza Strip toward the Negev area in southern Israel, with no injuries reported. Two rockets landed near Lahish, while another two exploded near the south Israel city of Ashkelon.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/idf-launches-air-strike-in-gaza-after-rockets-land-in-south-israel-1.376892