Swedish Slashers Confess To Phuket Police

webfact

I was in europe recently using my thai mobile phone in roaming there at i don't know 50-70 baht per minute for incoming calls

and a lady started calling my number one day around 7 am very persistently

apparently some "investment" something

my wife was awake and told her to fo

actually she told her to email us whatever they had to say

they didn't stop and called me again in a few hours

"number unknown" of course

i said - please leave your number and I'll call you back

she said - unfortunately i'm using a one way phone

i said - well, my phone is one way too get back after you sort the other way out

not really dangerous this scam but rather annoying

another time they called "from Korea" and mailed some poorly printed brochure

then called back to check how did it go

told them i wasn't interested

Edited by anthos

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

re post #148 ^^^ here you are - please excuse caps, that's how it is on the website Thai Law Forum

TREATY ON COOPERATION IN THE EXECUTION OF PENAL SENTENCES BETWEEN THE GOVERNMENT OF THE KINGDOM OF SWEDEN AND THE GOVERNMENT OF THE KINGDOM OF THAILAND

Desiring to cooperate in the execution of penal sentences by enabling offenders to serve sentences of imprisonment, confine ment or other forms of deprivation of liberty in the country of which they are nationals, thereby facilitating their integration into society;

An offender convicted in the territory of one Party may be transferred to the territory of the other Party in order to serve the sentence imposed on him in accordance with the provisions of this Treaty

Came into force on 1 June 1990

refer to link for full agreement

and not limited to Sweden

Thailand Ministry of Justice Department of Corrections

IS IT POSSIBLE FOR A PERSON CONVICTED OF A CRIME IN ONE COUNTRY TO BE TRANSFERRED TO HIS/HER HOME COUNTRY WHERE HE/SHE WILL SERVE THE REMAINDER OF HIS/HER SENTENCE?

A. Yes. Under the Legislation Procedure for Cooperation between States in the Execution of Penal Sentences Act B.E. 2527 foreign nationals convicted of a crime in Thailand, and Thai citizens or nationals convicted of a crime in a foreign country, may apply for a prisoner transfer to their home country if a treaty providing for such transfer is in force between Thailand and the foreign country involved. Nowadays, Thailand has 24 bilateral prisoner transfer treaties in force in France, Spain, Canada, The Republic of Italy, United States of America, Sweden, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, The Republic of Finland, The Federal Republic of Germany, The Republic of Portugal, The Republic of Austria, Israel, The Republic of Poland, Denmark, Hong Kong S.A.R., Switzerland, Norway, The Republic of Philippine, The Republic of Estonia, Czech Republic, Australia, The Federal Republic of Nigeria, Netherlands and The Republic of Mali.

In Thailand, a prisoner must serve a minimum period of imprisonment . . .

Is this done at the prisoner's request, or as a matter of course? Does anyone actually volunteer to come back to a thai prison, at least from the more civilised penal societies? I've visited prisons in Oz and Thailand, and it isn't hard to work out where I'd wish to spend a lengthy period when given no choice in the matter.

Edited by OzMick

Yes swedes in a scam my god why would they bother - nickel and dime scams in Thailand they liable to pocket a whole 3000 Baht lol = what dickheads i thought swedes had more brains ? - gee things must be tough in Sweden to have to race to Thailand kill for ''ice scream money '' what a joke lol lol - but of course expected look at there ages!! that tells all !!! they are from the ''crap generation'' -born in last 30 years ? - they'd need a circuit diagram to tie up a shoelace! so really if your to let the brain dead in--------------- well))))))))) -your going to get this type of thing !

These two would be that dumb, they'd think ''eggs benadict'' is an Italian gangster lol lol !

"Tommy was in the group we arrested [in February], but we didn't catch Johan.

Tommy ?

Johan ?

Why are the police on first name terms with the killers ??

It is a normal Thai/Asian thing when they refer to any farang it is normally Mr Steve, Mr George etc, They very rarely call you Mr Jones , Mr Smith.

These are not nickel and dime scams. It has been big business--what these Swedes did was set up a call center in Thailand aimed at Swedes. They made millions of Swedish crowns.

In some cases some of these scammers have been working at this for years. It has been written about in the Swedish newspapers. People pay and get nothing back. Since they work out of Thailand, where according to quote in the article, this sort of thing is not against the law, they were only caught and charged with running a business without a permit. LOL Ripping people off is fine and dandy apparently. And these dudes were doing it big time.

Tommy ?

Johan ?

That they have referred to them by their first names, does not mean they are "on first name terms" with them.You really want to make the police look bad.

I will say, from what we now know, there was obviously some pretty good police work done to apprehend these two so quickly. And that all three are off them streets, these two and the dead one.

If Tommy and Johan were sentenced in Norway, they'd maybe get 21 years max in a very comfortable 'prison', but walk in half that time or less, for being good little boys and eating their dinner without making a mess. I'd say these guys will be away for the long haul, in a real prison. .. well, let's hope.

Im not a conspiracy theorist but this is all too easy and convenient. For a start these two must have known they would be nailed for this IF they did the crime..... secondly there not wide eyed blue eyed lads who have just landed in paradise.. there con men who know how to calculate risks.

Why are they clean shaven ???

Body language.. sitting forward confidently with arms in front almost ready to answer questions. no hint of fear. remorse or foreboding is conveyed at all .. folks who are facing life in prison , ratholes at that, generally will be sitting back , look sullen, tired often unkempt and be wondering what the hell will become of me.. these guys look like they are opposing soccer captains doing a pre match interview.

Who has vested interest is seeing the murder of farang quickly solved.... answer is Phuket Government/ Police.. what is neatest political and social solution.. other farangs did it.

Confessions.. any person and especially conmen know not to confess to anything.

Im sorry I just find this wayyyyyyyyy to convenient and quick as it pertains to a solution.

Something just doesn't smell right about this...

Just to add something here and i care not to comment on the previous reprt of 12 Thais doing it.... they found the blood soaked knife and the gun. Let me understand this.. the gun which was not used was discarded and presumably if you read the report hasn't been found... the knife and blood soaked shirt was found in the swimming pool ( or at least the knife was)..... So if I did it and wanted to confess why would I not reveal whereabouts of the gun which wasn't used.

This is really strange.....

Officer we admit to first degree murder but we simply cannot and will not admit to anything about an unlicensed and illegal firearm which wasn't used if we had so had aforementioned weapon in our possession.

Look at the picture.. really loo do these poeple look like they have nothing now in life to hope for...... its too quick, too clean, too circumstantial, too dumb to not have some other angle to it.

Nancy Drew/ Columbo/ Perry Mason / atticus.... come on down to Phuket your talents are needed.

I would think that not having a gun license is the least of their worries!!!! Slashing someone's neck might be of greater concern to them right now!!!:(

Tommy ?

Johan ?

In Thailand (as in other Asian countries) the first name is far more commonly used than the family name. Every Thai person whom you read about in the newspaper will be referred to by their first name as will any Thai you meet in any formal situation. Just for one obvious example: Prime Minister Abhisit -- "Abhisit" is his first name.

So perhaps the "first name terms" don't mean what you think...

EDIT:

Crap. Somehow thought there was only one page to this thread and hadn't seen that my post was entirely redundant.

Sorry.

Edited by SteeleJoe

re post #148 ^^^ here you are - please excuse caps, that's how it is on the website Thai Law Forum

TREATY ON COOPERATION IN THE EXECUTION OF PENAL SENTENCES BETWEEN THE GOVERNMENT OF THE KINGDOM OF SWEDEN AND THE GOVERNMENT OF THE KINGDOM OF THAILAND

Desiring to cooperate in the execution of penal sentences by enabling offenders to serve sentences of imprisonment, confine ment or other forms of deprivation of liberty in the country of which they are nationals, thereby facilitating their integration into society;

An offender convicted in the territory of one Party may be transferred to the territory of the other Party in order to serve the sentence imposed on him in accordance with the provisions of this Treaty

Came into force on 1 June 1990

refer to link for full agreement

and not limited to Sweden

Thailand Ministry of Justice Department of Corrections

IS IT POSSIBLE FOR A PERSON CONVICTED OF A CRIME IN ONE COUNTRY TO BE TRANSFERRED TO HIS/HER HOME COUNTRY WHERE HE/SHE WILL SERVE THE REMAINDER OF HIS/HER SENTENCE?

A. Yes. Under the Legislation Procedure for Cooperation between States in the Execution of Penal Sentences Act B.E. 2527 foreign nationals convicted of a crime in Thailand, and Thai citizens or nationals convicted of a crime in a foreign country, may apply for a prisoner transfer to their home country if a treaty providing for such transfer is in force between Thailand and the foreign country involved. Nowadays, Thailand has 24 bilateral prisoner transfer treaties in force in France, Spain, Canada, The Republic of Italy, United States of America, Sweden, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, The Republic of Finland, The Federal Republic of Germany, The Republic of Portugal, The Republic of Austria, Israel, The Republic of Poland, Denmark, Hong Kong S.A.R., Switzerland, Norway, The Republic of Philippine, The Republic of Estonia, Czech Republic, Australia, The Federal Republic of Nigeria, Netherlands and The Republic of Mali.

In Thailand, a prisoner must serve a minimum period of imprisonment . . .

Is this done at the prisoner's request, or as a matter of course? Does anyone actually volunteer to come back to a thai prison, at least from the more civilised penal societies? I've visited prisons in Oz and Thailand, and it isn't hard to work out where I'd wish to spend a lengthy period when given no choice in the matter.

to: OZMick

Friend of mine was in LOS in slammer for long time,he refused to go home "on treaty".He was Swedish known gangster,he knew slammers in Sweden and he preferred sunshine and rain of Thai sky over solitary rooms behind polar circle - dark,cold,indoors all day.Here he had:his"hut" in the garden,servant,cook,ladyboys,

very interesting company of international crooks and...the last but the most important:he could enjoy his habit!

There were more people like him,who made same choice.

And I know about one Thai crook,who was busted in UK,who tried in vain transfer to Thailand.UK authorities refused his request,despite the fact,that his request was supported by Thai government.They knew well,that he would be released instantly - he was Thai diplomat,who carried suitcase full of "youknowhat".

this two examples do not support what you had said above.

Arrested within 24 hours as they happen to be foreign.

What happened to the '12 men' of yesterday's report? Those who attacked the victim after laying in wait?

All fiction then?

So what are we to believe with such contradictory reporting?

I actually don't believe these men did it.

No witnesses. No evidence. As for the knife .................. they spotted some thing floating in the swimming pool. It was brown and floating. Must be a knife then.

Just reported confessions or so the police say. You know the type of thing. It's called torture when you manage to stop screaming and utter 'OK.' Strange those boys could only manage an 'x' when it came to signing the confession.

Had to laugh at the admission that there are no laws for cheating people in Thailand. It's called fraud actually. Foolishly I'd expect a police officer - a Major General at that but not a Modern Major General as he doesn't have any information vegetable, animal or mineral - to have known that.

So it's a not a crime in Thailand. But then what is? Murder is a mere inconvenience if it happens accidentally and is usually done to order when there is a 'personal conflict' like someone stepping on your shoe at the disco.

A bit like fitting up the first two Swedes they can find. I'm surprised they didn't grab an African and an Indian called Kurt and Jan. We all look alike to them.

Or is it normal to expect small time white collar crims - fraudsters to fall out - and move straight to murder. to Thai logic it is.

Yeah.

I started out shoplifting and went for promotion. I shot six dead at a shopping Mall the next day.

Likely.

That hog wash will wash in a Thai court where justice is as likely as snow in July - but those lads are fitted up. Free room and board at the Bangkok Hilton and as much sausage meat as they can stomach.

The light at the end of their tunnel is that the police merely want to extort release monies and then it'll all be forgotten. Tea [money] on a scale exported by China.

I hope the Swedish Consular for Pattaya is more effective than the British one - Howard Miller in Pattaya - otherwise they'll be un-fed and left to rot.

We need to get back to normal now the streets have been cleared of those murderers! Isn't it about time we saw another woman murdered on the beaches of Phuket? It's been at least a week.

Next.

I almost feel embarrassed for you.

"Maj Gen Pekad said he was impressed that the investigating team managed to apprehend their suspects within 24 hours of the crime."

Who would not be?:P

Meee!!!, I would have solved it in less than 3 hours!!! :jap:

I could have done it in 2.

Kudos to the Phuket City Police for arresting these two guys. I hope the Swedish Embassy does not get involved and has them sent back to Sweden to get sentenced there.

They asked for it, let this trash experience life in a Thai prison. I have no pitty for such people.

If they write a book about this, its title will be "A Tale of 3 Idiots" !

Idiot #1 dobs in his ex-mates, goes into hiding, and then puts his new location on facebook

Idiot #2 rents a room opposite using his own passport. Within minutes BIB knows their prime suspect.

Idiot #3 rents a room, then disposes of his knife and blood-soaked shirt by throwing them in the swimming pool.

My dog is smarter than this lot.

I practiced law in the US for almost 30 years and we had a favorite saying around the office: If crooks were smart, they would be in a better line of work.

David

This stinks to high heaven.

It's the gun ?

These two supposed halfwits are able to get rid of an unlicenced gun, without a trace but throw the murder weapon into their hotel swimming pool along with 1 blood soaked t shirt. Doesn't make sense to me.

As for the 3rd person theory, Well why not give her the knife too, Just wash it off in the hotel sink.

The knife has been thrown into a swimming pool. I would presume either chlorinated or salt treated, leaving any blood, if any was left on the blade, useless.

It would take highly professional forensic units in the FBI or European/Asia/Pacific police agencies weeks to match such a weapon to the wounds of the victim.

The Thais did it in 24 hours.

I do speak from experience, 30 years as a an officer of a police force in Australia.

As for the blood soaked T shirt, most people who have there throats cut, have it done from behind (I admit I don't know the direction of attack, only presuming). The carotid artery tends to bleed forward in such instances.

Also the nature of the previous scam these two were involved in tends to indicate that they were in fact not idiots, probably intelligent, perhaps a little lazy.

My bet is they will not be charged, will not go to court, but will very soon be on a Thai airways flight to some location in Europe.

I'm with the kiwi on this one (slyanimal)

If it looks like a duck, waddles like a duck, smells like a duck and goes quack. You can bet your left one that it's a duck.

Confessions mean nothing .

So it was nothing to do with a love triangle, purely murder because he reported thier criminal activity. A complete waiste of life for purely acting like any decent citizen. I hope these two get life in a dirty cockroach/rat infested prison.

I recall reading it was a gang of 12 Thai men, or is this a different incident?

Please?

Jesus christ, why does everyone work their hardest to confirm that all expats are failed losers that cannot read and understand what is written infront of their nose?

hehe... it really shows up the members who only read a part of the thread before jumping on to post. :blink:

• Like 1

I practiced law in the US for almost 30 years and we had a favorite saying around the office: If crooks were smart, they would be in a better line of work.

David

So after all that practice did you manage to become proficient and become a lawyer then ?.....:lol:

Tommy ?

Johan ?

it's the norm in thailand to address people by their first name. they use the word "khun" before the name in thai which essentially makes it mr. tommy and mr. johan.

"there are no laws against cheating people through phone calls like they did,” Maj Nackaphan said." :ermm:

Two years ago a Russian cheated some Malays through phone calls, they then solicited another for the group a Thai. The fraud discovered and the police then arrested and charged the Russian with fraud.

So it sounds like you can cheat anyone through the phone and walk free unless it is a Thai? :o

It is either that or Maj Nackaphan has no idea what he is talking about :unsure:

But I am reminded that prosecution begins at Tea Time not law books :jap:

What happened to the '12 men' of yesterday's report? Those who attacked the victim after laying in wait?

All fiction then?

No witnesses. No evidence. As for the knife .................. they spotted some thing floating in the swimming pool. It was brown and floating. Must be a knife then.

Just reported confessions or so the police say. You know the type of thing. It's called torture when you manage to stop screaming and utter 'OK.' Strange those boys could only manage an 'x' when it came to signing the confession.

Had to laugh at the admission that there are no laws for cheating people in Thailand. It's called fraud actually. Foolishly I'd expect a police officer - a Major General at that but not a Modern Major General as he doesn't have any information vegetable, animal or mineral - to have known that.

So it's a not a crime in Thailand. But then what is? Murder is a mere inconvenience if it happens accidentally and is usually done to order when there is a 'personal conflict' like someone stepping on your shoe at the disco.

A bit like fitting up the first two Swedes they can find. I'm surprised they didn't grab an African and an Indian called Kurt and Jan. We all look alike to them.

Or is it normal to expect small time white collar crims - fraudsters to fall out - and move straight to murder. to Thai logic it is.

Yeah.

I started out shoplifting and went for promotion. I shot six dead at a shopping Mall the next day.

Likely.

That hog wash will wash in a Thai court where justice is as likely as snow in July - but those lads are fitted up. Free room and board at the Bangkok Hilton and as much sausage meat as they can stomach.

The light at the end of their tunnel is that the police merely want to extort release monies and then it'll all be forgotten. Tea [money] on a scale exported by China.

I hope the Swedish Consular for Pattaya is more effective than the British one - Howard Miller in Pattaya - otherwise they'll be un-fed and left to rot.

We need to get back to normal now the streets have been cleared of those murderers! Isn't it about time we saw another woman murdered on the beaches of Phuket? It's been at least a week.

Next.

:lol: The sad part is he probably thinks he's being really clever.

"Maj Gen Pekad said he was impressed that the investigating team managed to apprehend their suspects within 24 hours of the crime."

Who would not be?:P

Meee!!!, I would have solved it in less than 3 hours!!! :jap:

I could have done it in 2.

If I had put my mind to it and put down my coffee then under an hour is not out of the question for "super sleuth" me!!

"there are no laws against cheating people through phone calls like they did,” Maj Nackaphan said." :ermm:

Two years ago a Russian cheated some Malays through phone calls, they then solicited another for the group a Thai. The fraud discovered and the police then arrested and charged the Russian with fraud.

So it sounds like you can cheat anyone through the phone and walk free unless it is a Thai? :o

It is either that or Maj Nackaphan has no idea what he is talking about :unsure:

But I am reminded that prosecution begins at Tea Time not law books :jap:

The fraud takes place in Europe. Hence it is up to the police in the country where the offense was taken place (where the victim resided when he was defrauded) to track down the perpetrator, charge them with a crime and request them extradited.

Yes, it is a slight weakness in the system since fraud isn't carrying the priority as murder and hence a lot of smaller frauds can be done for some time before one gets into too much trouble.

Spare me the conspiracy theories! They admitted guilt so case solved. If you feel persecuted as a foreigner then go home!

Are you mad? You might admit guilt for something you hadn't done but I never would. You don't know me so don't make stupid assumptions!

It isn't uncommon for people to admit to crimes they didn't commit, for any number of reasons.

Not saying this is one of them though.

This is especially true in Thailand, as if you admit you are guilty they reduce your sentence. So they have an incentive to plead guilty even if they are not. From what I have read i would think they are guilty, not the smartest guys around.

if you care to search, another news source shows pics of the re-enactment . . . and their story of how the crime occurred, sounding as if it was accidental death in a struggle as opposed to calculated murder.

But of course they would say that!

The Tourist Policeman involved is i think Swedish, from Chalong station.

Edited by Atmos

All fiction then?

Yeah.

Likely.

Next.

:lol: The sad part is he probably thinks he's being really clever.

That's part of why it should be embarrassing...

If they write a book about this, its title will be "A Tale of 3 Idiots" !

Idiot #1 dobs in his ex-mates, goes into hiding, and then puts his new location on facebook

Idiot #2 rents a room opposite using his own passport. Within minutes BIB knows their prime suspect.

Idiot #3 rents a room, then disposes of his knife and blood-soaked shirt by throwing them in the swimming pool.

My dog is smarter than this lot.

I agree with you without even knowing your dog. These 2 jokers and their 'plan' are epic failures and are obviously dumb as dog shit Swedes.

It is also quite funny how the BIB are giving themselves a pat on the back for their speedy arrest. :lol:

Good job by the BIB. If only they were this diligent more than 10% of the time there would be a lot less unsolved crimes.

There actually very few unsolved crimes in Thailand... :jap:

But a very high percentage of unpunished ones :jap: