Forwarding Mail? Return To Sender?

we've been getting envelopes from the UK addressed to an individual with a "western" name and i'd like to find a way to forward them to the correct person, or at least make them stop.

back home it's as easy as writing "return to sender" "no longer at this address" etc. on the envelope and giving back to the post office but i don't think they'd go through the trouble of sending something back to the UK for free.

apart from just throwing them away or spending money to send what may or may not be junk mail to the UK, is there any correct local procedure for reuniting this person with their mail?

yeah i suspect they would all be thrown away. i think i'd appreciate the effort if someone actually tried to forward my mail however so i'd at least like to see if there is a simple way to do it. i'm not sure it's a good idea to post the name here, don't know if forum rules or etiquette allow it.

does anyone here get junk mail from the UK?

yeah i suspect they would all be thrown away. i think i'd appreciate the effort if someone actually tried to forward my mail however so i'd at least like to see if there is a simple way to do it. i'm not sure it's a good idea to post the name here, don't know if forum rules or etiquette allow it.

does anyone here get junk mail from the UK?

either bin or check bin :D