Household Move In Thailand

bilinlos

I am planning a move of my household items from Pattaya to the Mukdahan area at the end of the month. My furniture is good quality and I prefer to use a professional moving company than just any truck I can hire. I do not mind spending good money to assure my property arrives safely at my new home. The only professional moving company that I could find is a company named JVK International Movers Ltd. Their representitive has been by my home and give me an estimate on the move which I accept is resonable, however the insurance offered is from a 3rd party and they do not offer any self insurance which raises a red flag to me.

Has anyone had any experience with this company, or does anyone know of any other professional movers I can contact?

Any information would be welcome.

Thanks,

JVK is a removals company and not an insurance company. So they get this from a 3rd party. Legally, they are not allowed to add any profits on the insurance premium (otherwise they would be sharing the risk with the insurer), so they quote this 1:1.

Nothing unusual in this industry.

We have used asian tiger transpo for our move to thailand, one move from house to house in pattaya, and are using them again for our move back to the states. Excellent company and service. We could not be happier with the service they have given us. When they moved us from one house to another in pattaya, the whole move took less than a day. They unpack for you as well and we had our house 80% put together by the end of the day.

http://www.asiantigers-thailand.com/

JVK is a removals company and not an insurance company. So they get this from a 3rd party. Legally, they are not allowed to add any profits on the insurance premium (otherwise they would be sharing the risk with the insurer), so they quote this 1:1.

Nothing unusual in this industry.

Thank you. I have moved otherwise and have minimal insurance with the mover and if I want additional insurance, I could get it through a third party. Mostly I don't trust 3rd party insurers as they are ready to insure for any value you indicate, but don't really like to pay out. The 3rd party insurance in this case is with a company in the USA and that bothers me a bit also.

Thanks again.

We have used asian tiger transpo for our move to thailand, one move from house to house in pattaya, and are using them again for our move back to the states. Excellent company and service. We could not be happier with the service they have given us. When they moved us from one house to another in pattaya, the whole move took less than a day. They unpack for you as well and we had our house 80% put together by the end of the day.

http://www.asiantigers-thailand.com/

Thank you for the link. It's good to get a reference.

Cheers,