Paying Electricity Bills Online Through Egat

kokesaat

Despite the lack of English menus on the electrical authority website (pea.co.th), I've been able to open an online account by registering my wife's id number along with our electrical meter number.

I'm also registered online with TOT and can their website to see the amount of the next telephone bill. I can't see if that's possible on the egat (electricity) website.

We live in a small village....sometimes we get our electricity bill delivered 10 or 15 days into the month. What I'd prefer doing is go online, find out how much the bill is, and then pay through one of my Thai banks. I'd prefer doing it this way than for automatic withdrawals from my bank account.

Is there anyone out there who is using the pea.co.th website to make electricity payments? Hope you can answer my question.

Rural areas usually receive electricity from PEA (Provincial Electric Authority). The bill is printed from the meter reader's hand-held device.

You can pay that bill at any 7-11, the local PEA office, or authorized collection point in your area. You can't pay it before the date printed on the bill as it is not in their computer system yet. Usually it's the day after the meter reader leaves you the bill.

Each area has a different day scheduled for reading meters. You would be lucky if you got the bill at the first of the month.

Usually you have a window of about 1 week to pay the bill.

AFAIK, you can't pay it through a bank or online.

Edited by BB1950

Go to the office with your bank account info and set up direct payment. They mail you the receipt and you see the amount anytime you update the bank book. Our charges are normally about the same every mouth and they are good at being on the same day each month. Been working great for years.

Go to the office with your bank account info and set up direct payment. They mail you the receipt and you see the amount anytime you update the bank book. Our charges are normally about the same every mouth and they are good at being on the same day each month. Been working great for years.

I agree, this is the best method epecially if you aren't around when the bill comes.

However the OP said:

What I'd prefer doing is go online, find out how much the bill is, and then pay through one of my Thai banks. I'd prefer doing it this way than for automatic withdrawals from my bank account.