Newcastle United

coxhoedave

One thing Newcastle United fans are not short of is drama!

Most of the decisions of late by the management have not

been in the best interest of the fans or the club.

Pushing good British players out the door to bring in

French players who I am sure will not have the same

passion or commitment ,looks like another season

on the roller coaster ride, wheres the heart pills!

Take care Worgeordie

• 2 months later...

Take care Worgeordie

laugh.gif away the lads!

I just watched the 3-1 win over Stoke. Now newcastle are in 3rd and unbeaten in 10 games. Who would have thought that at the start of the season?

Well done to them.

See what happens when they get rid of crap players that where obviously holding them back wink.gif

Good win that thought they might come unstuck at Stoke.

obvioulsy 4th will between Liverpool and Newcastle now, with Spurs and Arsenal battling it out for 5th smile.gif

I'll reserve judgement until the end of November...when the Geordies have played both Manc clubs and Chelski. Onwards and upwards without Gerrard eh? laugh.gif

£35m in reserve...we know we know....

obvioulsy 4th will between Liverpool and Newcastle now, with Spurs and Arsenal battling it out for 5th smile.gif

I don't know about you but i really wasn't expecting that result. i thought that would be the start of the barcodes slide down the table. Fair play to them, but as smokie says, lets wait until the end of november.

I bet you don't want to play them right now dev do you!

1320198452[/url]' post='4815005']
1320140054[/url]' post='4813673']

I don't know about you but i really wasn't expecting that result. i thought that would be the start of the barcodes slide down the table. Fair play to them, but as smokie says, lets wait until the end of november.

Yeah think we play them end of December...Missed the old classic Newcastle v Liverpool thrillers though smile.gif

I am sure Carroll, Enrique and even Henderson would love to play them!

Yeah think we play them end of December...Missed the old classic Newcastle v Liverpool thrillers though smile.gif

I am sure Carroll, Enrique and even Henderson would love to play them!

Yeah, i didn't think about them. It'll will make for a great atmosphere for that one. When we played them i thought we were very comfortable until we lost King. In the end they really should have scored a winner and our defense looked quite vulnerable. Pardew has really surprised me. they are playing good football.

• 2 weeks later...

Llambias: Carroll not worth £35m

By ESPNsoccernet staff

Newcastle's managing director Derek Llambias has allegedly launched a stunning rant against former managers Kevin Keegan and Alan Shearer and said that Andy Carroll was not worth the £35 million that Liverpool paid for him.

GettyImages

Mike Ashley with Derek Llambias

• Llambias talks up naming potential

A report in the Sunday Mirror claims that Llambias was caught on tape slamming the Newcastle legends to Toon fans in a bar and former Magpies striker Carroll bore the brunt of the foul-mouthed abuse.

"I have to admit that £30m for Andy Carroll is a lot of money," Lambias reportedly said, before responding when one supporter asked him "Is he worth £30m?": "No - he's worth f*** all."

With Chelsea closing a deal worth £50 million for Fernando Torres on January's deadline day, Liverpool were under pressure to bring in a new striker and Llambias claimed that they could push for the entire Carroll fee up front.

Llambias explained: "It is about control. We had the control. We knew the Torres deal was there. We drew that f****** deal, perhaps the ultimate. So £30m? F*** off! Don't waste my time and I slammed the phone down.

"£35m? Everybody including Pardew [manager Alan Pardew] all agreed. But the £35m they wanted to pay over four years. It was rubbish. Mike (Ashley) said - and he is a brave boy Mike I promise you - get all the £35m up front. We got it all up front and then they never paid us on time and we charged them 12 grand f****** interest."

Llambias then turned his attention to one of Newcastle's most celebrated icons, former manager Kevin Keegan, and claimed that he was only brought back to the club for a second spell in 2008 to appease potential Arab owners who were trying to buy the club.

"Kevin Keegan can't take pressure. His f****** head is all over the place," said Llambias. "Mike (Ashley) was selling to the Arabs and they wanted Kevin Keegan. The Arabs wanted him, the fans wanted him - perfect!"

Another Geordie legend then got both barrels as Llambias admitted that the appointment of Alan Shearer in April was not right, saying: "Shearer was my choice and I have to hold up my hands - the wrong choice... he gave all the responsibility to (assistant Iain) Dowie. Rubbish!"

The most recent Newcastle boss to be sacked, Chris Hughton, was also the subject of the tirade as a fan asked why he was dismissed a year ago.

Llambias responded: "He would never have taken us where we want to be. That's my decision by the way. Chris can't make decisions. If I am asking about a player, Ben Arfa? he says 'I'm not sure, blah blah'.

"With Chris, he couldn't cope with where we are mentally. We are aggressive. You need to be aggressive. I don't want a manager below me who can't argue."

Newcastle declined to comment on Saturday night.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Take care Worgeordie

Never felt so good to be wrong, eh?