I Bought A Chevy Cruze

I love the way any thread on an internet forum can become a shit fight no matter how mundane its original purpose might of been :D

As far as the Cruze goes, im just glad that for the same price back in Australia I can have this

Mazda-RX-7-red-concept.jpg

I know. Ridiculous. I was having fun today because it was a slow day, but that's it. Enough flaming. It's a forum staple. Im buying a Cruze! You'd figure that people NOT interested in this car would just keep on going and not post, but they can't help themselves.

Anyway... A tiny Mazda? Commuting in that would be terrible.

I thought Australians LOVED the Cruze. Even the Prime Minister drove one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEEiRLOfILc

Edited by thaicruze

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the way any thread on an internet forum can become a shit fight no matter how mundane its original purpose might of been :D

As far as the Cruze goes, im just glad that for the same price back in Australia I can have this

Mazda-RX-7-red-concept.jpg

I know. Ridiculous. I was having fun today because it was a slow day, but that's it. Enough flaming. It's a forum staple. Im buying a Cruze! You'd figure that people NOT interested in this car would just keep on going and not post, but they can't help themselves.

Anyway... A tiny Mazda? Commuting in that would be terrible.

I thought Australians LOVED the Cruze. Even the Prime Minister drove one.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=EEEiRLOfILc

I'm more about a fun and comfortable commute. Some Australians love the Cruze dont get me wrong, but most of us prefer something bigger, more powerful and roomier. The PM only drove one because they put $200 million into Holden the last financial year and they want to try to show the public that the money went somewhere.

Based upon sales Australians prefer this by far

Holden-Commodore-VE-SS-TOP.jpg

ss-v_1.jpg

The top end version is very comfortable, has a 361hp V8 that makes a very good noise and will go from 0-100 in about 5.5 seconds.

Edited by Tarric

The Original Topic seems now to have been a thin disguise to slag off all other brands, and infer anyone not buying a Cruze in that sector is somewhat retarded. Even the Red Mazda gets some reason why its not suitable.Id love one anyway.:DIs there some reason for posting a Picture of a Car someone died in,..?. we all have seen that unfortunately.

The Original Topic seems now to have been a thin disguise to slag off all other brands, and infer anyone not buying a Cruze in that sector is somewhat retarded. Even the Red Mazda gets some reason why its not suitable.Id love one anyway.:DIs there some reason for posting a Picture of a Car someone died in,..?. we all have seen that unfortunately.

I think the OP is just reacting to all the negative posts from people like you who insist on slagging of his choice of car. (for no apparent reason)

Are you the Accord fan? I forget.

So, if so, why did you sell your dream machine? We never got an answer.

you dont want accords in your topic, but now you ask about it :lol: :lol:

I have never kept a car more than 18 months here in TH. I depend on them to take me 700km in a few hours every time needed. Accord did so for 70k km/14 months. Camry was traded a year before at 40k km

Accord is absolutely not my dream machine, but in March 2008 it was the best TH buy for my needs, today i wouldnt buy one ;)

i brought in Accord in this topic, cause you claimed Cruze is avilable with 8-10 airbags in TH, while it takes 1,5 million baht Accord to get that. Im done with accord, are you?

I think the OP is just reacting to all the negative posts from people like you who insist on slagging of his choice of car. (for no apparent reason)

Have you read the entire thread? The OP has reacted very defensively, and at times aggressively, to anyone who dares offer an opinion that doesn't fall in line with Chevy marketing. Also, in terms of slagging off other people's choice of car, he has done more of that than anyone else.

You clearly cant read.I haven't put the Cruze down, in fact thinks it looks a good buy. The P.O. has questioned the intelligence of folks who like Honda and Toyota.

Have you read the entire thread? The OP has reacted very defensively, and at times aggressively, to anyone who dares offer an opinion that doesn't fall in line with Chevy marketing. Also, in terms of slagging off other people's choice of car, he has done more of that than anyone else.

So he likes his upcoming future car.. and believes Chevy's marketing speak..its not a crime :D . I for one would like to hear more about when he gets it and drives it. And yes all sides have done a bit of slagging .. I drive a Ford Ranger pick up 2004. It goes from A to B cheaply thats all i'm worried about.

But in the future i may get another car so it would be interesting to find out more. Personally i think it's a tad expensive

( but then i'm cheap)

So he likes his upcoming future car.. and believes Chevy's marketing speak..its not a crime :D . I for one would like to hear more about when he gets it and drives it. And yes all sides have done a bit of slagging .. I drive a Ford Ranger pick up 2004. It goes from A to B cheaply thats all i'm worried about.

But in the future i may get another car so it would be interesting to find out more. Personally i think it's a tad expensive

( but then i'm cheap)

the crime would be to present so much false info, about Cruze in a positive way, about others in a negative way

You clearly cant read.I haven't put the Cruze down, in fact thinks it looks a good buy. The P.O. has questioned the intelligence of folks who like Honda and Toyota.

Mate to be honest. I find it difficult understanding most of what you post B) And you certainly have put it down.

But anyway back to the Cruze you now say you like it. What do you like about it?

Edited by thaicbr

On Paper it looks good.Here its New, The dealers Ive seen are Alfa one day, or Mitsu, butterflies if you will. Ford ,Honda, Toyota,Nissan are old rocks. Ive only seen Ferangs in Cruzes here, or their money purchased them for a Friend.. Will they catch on with Thais? , well i doubt it .

Yep but in another legit response to the OP while I like the Cruze I had another go at looking at one today, in fact the same one I had looked at before and it impresses me even more with the 2 tone black and saddle colored leather and black exterior the car is stand out and looks very rich. The seats though are rock hard and while supportive and well bolstered for a drive of any distance will definitely be an issue..

Right on Warpy. Hards an understatement, reminded me of my old 67 3.5 Benz 280.From the test drive i gleaned its very quiet,and fittings are well above the opposition.There the praise ended.The Rides sloppy, like a Cock in a Bowler Hat , all over the bloody place.So to give it some street cred.Recaro Sports Seats. New Biger Wheels, Donut Shod. Gabriel Ajustable Shocks, Get MRO to send a Big Box of Chips over to wake up the Dead under the Hood. Place a bomb in that Rain Sensor, it drives you daft after the first "Oh" thats clever. The Pic of that 361 has realy made it hard to concentrate :D

Yep but in another legit response to the OP while I like the Cruze I had another go at looking at one today, in fact the same one I had looked at before and it impresses me even more with the 2 tone black and saddle colored leather and black exterior the car is stand out and looks very rich. The seats though are rock hard and while supportive and well bolstered for a drive of any distance will definitely be an issue..

One of the things I loved about it were the seats. I hate soft seats. I have that now.

If that's an issue, there are plenty of soft seat covers you can use.

and to the other guy's point. I've only seen Thais driving the Cruze. There is a Thai where I live who bought the new Sonata Sport

258267,xcitefun-hyundai-sonata-1.jpg

Not many of those around

Last time I was at the dealer there were 2 families picking up the Cruze. I was the only foreigner in sight.

The Cuze replaces the Optra. There are plenty of Optras around. I can't see why Thais wouldn't get a Cruze. I saw 2 on my way to work this morning.

Edited by thaicruze

One of the things I loved about it were the seats. I hate soft seats. I have that now.

and to the other guy's point. I've only seen Thais driving the Cruze. There is a Thai where I live who bought the new Sonata Sport

Not many of those around

Last time I was at the dealer there were 2 families picking up the Cruze. I was the only foreigner in sight.

The Cuze replaces the Optra. There are plenty of Optras around. I can't see why Thais wouldn't get a Cruze. I saw 2 on my way to work this morning.

I'm seeing more and more of them on Pattaya's roads daily...nice looking car.

I'm seeing more and more of them on Pattaya's roads daily...nice looking car.

It's nice.the big minus about this one is that it's 1.8 million baht. Ridiculous price for this car.In this case, from 1.5-1.8, try the Accord first.

Edited by thaicruze

Yes, YOU like hard seats but I was giving MY opinion without attacking, merely an observation, so while I didn't say that would preclude me from buying one I certainly wouldn't purchase a car with a beautiful interior as one of it's most endearing features and then cover it with some cheap looking Doreamon seat covers or something to try and make it 'more comfortable' not a lot of forethought in that response IMO I think you forgot the :rolleyes: icon.

Since were on the subject of cheap and future deterioration I also saw the LT with a cloth interior and though the seats were ok the dash with cloth on it is a certain disaster in the making as it's not nearly tough enough to handle the heat and sunlight and other things the dash is exposed to. It does not inspire my confidence at all for durability for any length of time or holding it's color or cleanliness and is going to make cleaning and maintaining the dash a real PITA IMO.......

I'm sorry I usually don't do this because anyone can have typo's or occasional mis-spells but it's been repeated numerous times indicating it's not a typo and it's driving me bonkers. The word is "brakes" as in stopping, not "breaks" as in failing or shattering or breaking :) ...

You should check your own spelling errors. A guy that tells us how intelligent you were at birth still doesn't have a spell check. Come on Warpy, get your own house in order first eh. :)

:cheesy: :cheesy: That's rich!!! You don't do irony do you?? You told me then didn't you Gramps? :rolleyes: JFYI Do you know what a spell check is? Or a quote feature, or how to use either?? :cheesy: :cheesy:

Edited by WarpSpeed

Yes, YOU like hard seats but I was giving MY opinion without attacking, merely an observation, so while I didn't say that would preclude me from buying one I certainly wouldn't purchase a car with a beautiful interior as one of it's most endearing features and then cover it with some cheap looking Doreamon seat covers or something to try and make it 'more comfortable' not a lot of forethought in that response IMO I think you forgot the :rolleyes: icon.

Since were on the subject of cheap and future deterioration I also saw the LT with a cloth interior and though the seats were ok the dash with cloth on it is a certain disaster in the making as it's not nearly tough enough to handle the heat and sunlight and other things the dash is exposed to. It does not inspire my confidence at all for durability for any length of time or holding it's color or cleanliness and is going to make cleaning and maintaining the dash a real PITA IMO.......

It's the same material as the seat. It's like a perforated net over the dash. It will handle heat as good as the seats.

Also, the material is facing you. The dash is hard plastic.

2011-Chevy-Cruze-RS-6.jpg

It doesn't get direct sunlight.

The car has been out for over a year all over the world. I haven't seen anyone complaining about its durability. it is one of those things people will either like or hate. But, they do offer the all leather choice in the LTZ if you're not into it.

Edited by thaicruze

It's still a lot of money for a bread and butter compact.

Sure is a lot of Money,but its really silly to convert the price back to USD or GBP.You wouldn't buy anything apart from a Mango for Value.Cruze is right about the Civics noise, but not the Accord.Ive been looking, but for a runabout i still keep getting back to the City. Value, Size, and Performance wise City is an appropriate name. Cruze interior fittings and silence are a benchmark,but I've heard the Auto Box has a mind of its own. Another silly thing for me anyway,is i cant forget the Daewoo Crap they Released here with. a Chevy Badge stuck on it. Id like to say Captain Cruzes post is one of the most informative for a good while.Ill go for a second look because of him.:jap: .

capn' cruze report reads like it was wriiten by an ad firm

It's still a lot of money for a bread and butter compact.

Sure is a lot of Money,but its really silly to convert the price back to USD or GBP.You wouldn't buy anything apart from a Mango for Value.Cruze is right about the Civics noise, but not the Accord.Ive been looking, but for a runabout i still keep getting back to the City. Value, Size, and Performance wise City is an appropriate name. Cruze interior fittings and silence are a benchmark,but I've heard the Auto Box has a mind of its own. Another silly thing for me anyway,is i cant forget the Daewoo Crap they Released here with. a Chevy Badge stuck on it. Id like to say Captain Cruzes post is one of the most informative for a good while.Ill go for a second look because of him.:jap: .

capn' cruze report reads like it was wriiten by an ad firm

Im fasinated .Captain Cruze reminds me of the Chad Cartoons..Wot No Airbags.:D

My car is ready now. Will pick up tomorrow.

All black leather interior. Makes the seats softer. So, I'd recommend if you're not into the cloth, order the leather you want. They'll set it up for you. It comes in a kit of course, so it takes a week or two to order it and install it. Takes time. Seats, door inserts, dash, center arm rest, the works.

It's the same material as the seat. It's like a perforated net over the dash. It will handle heat as good as the seats.

Also, the material is facing you. The dash is hard plastic.

It doesn't get direct sunlight.

The car has been out for over a year all over the world. I haven't seen anyone complaining about its durability. it is one of those things people will either like or hate. But, they do offer the all leather choice in the LTZ if you're not into it.

Its a shame that the material doesn't cover the whole dash for me.

In direct sunlight the generic hard plastic acts as a heat radiator and in this climate a fabric dash would alleviate the problem.

Not many of those around

The Sonata is now a serious contender (in other markets).

Last week I was driving the Grandeur , slightly bigger with a moon roof, fantastic value for the $30,000 they sell it for in Korea.

My car is ready now. Will pick up tomorrow.

All black leather interior. Makes the seats softer. So, I'd recommend if you're not into the cloth, order the leather you want. They'll set it up for you. It comes in a kit of course, so it takes a week or two to order it and install it. Takes time. Seats, door inserts, dash, center arm rest, the works.

How much for the leather?

Not many of those around

The Sonata is now a serious contender (in other markets).

Last week I was driving the Grandeur , slightly bigger with a moon roof, fantastic value for the $30,000 they sell it for in Korea.

Yes. New Hyundais are getting great reviews in the USA.

OK. So, I took a picture today at the dealer while I was waiting to sign everything. It's a pretty fuzzy picture, but at least you can see how it looks when you turn a Cloth Cruze into all leather. You have the option to get it 2 tone of course, but I chose all black.

IMG_05842.jpg

So, the whole cloth thing can be changed if you don't like it. I got the leather almost all free. 20,000 - I only paid 5,000. That was my main freebie. You can negotiate something when you buy a car, especially at the end of the month.

Edited by thaicruze

OK. So, I took a picture today at the dealer while I was waiting to sign everything. It's a pretty fuzzy picture, but at least you can see how it looks when you turn a Cloth Cruze into all leather. You have the option to get it 2 tone of course, but I chose all black.

IMG_05842.jpg

So, the whole cloth thing is entirely optional. I got the leather almost all free. 20,000 - I only paid 5,000. That was my main freebie. You can negotiate something when you buy a car, especially at the end of the month.

I am fifty fifty on whether to buy the Cruze or the new Focus. Anybody who buys either in petrol and not diesel is foolish.

I can wait and will maybe have a PJS first.

Though I will have to look at the Captiva again.

IMG_05842.jpg

So, the whole cloth thing is entirely optional. I got the leather almost all free. 20,000 - I only paid 5,000. That was my main freebie. You can negotiate something when you buy a car, especially at the end of the month.

I am fifty fifty on whether to buy the Cruze or the new Focus. Anybody who buys either in petrol and not diesel is foolish.

I can wait and will maybe have a PJS first.

Though I will have to look at the Captiva again.

Diesel is great, but I didn't want to go over 1 million. For me thats the difference between owing the bank 375,000 vs 700,000. Gasohol 91 will do. In 10 years gasoline will be so expensive it won't matter. I'll be looking into electric or some sort of Algea fuel.

The Captve is nice. They have Diesel and E85. Comfy. Nice leather seats. The main thing I like is that it seats higher than the CRV.

The Captiva is selling very well here.

Soon, they will have the Cruze's little brother, the AVEO 2012. I'm sure it'll come CNG.

2012_chevy_aveo.jpg

Bye bye Honda City when that comes out.

Edited by thaicruze