I Bought A Chevy Cruze

I remember once upon a time I opened a thread about buying a Chevy Cruze. I can't seem to Find it. Can anyone point me in the right Direction? :D

I can see why you started the thread, the Cruze looks awesome. I only looked at one at a department store and I was impressed by the interior and how solid the build-quality looked. Certainly makes my wife's Aveo look like the tin-pot it is, big step up for Chevy.

Out of interest, does the Cruze come with the same 10 standard air bags as in the US? What interested me was whether buying the range-topping diesel would purely be a decision for fuel economy but the Chevy salesman couldn't answer whether there were plans to release the Cruse Eco model which gets 42 mpg.

They don't come with standard 10 airbags like back home.

My LS comes with 1 for the driver. The Top LTZ comes with all the rest of them. My wife sits so far back, an airbag for her would be useless. ESP and traction control are more important to me. Cars like the City, March, Brio, Jazz, Vios are death traps. If you've ever tried to avoid something or slam your breaks on a wet road in one of those cars you know what I'm talking about.

I wanted the diesel also, but out of my budget.

why do you keep on comparing Cruze with 4-700k baht cars? Sure they are death traps compared to a 10 airbag Cruze, not available for sale in Thailand.

and a TH Cruise is a death trap compared to 8 airbags Accord available in TH, or a 2 airbag Pajero Sport at almost same price as Cruze

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember once upon a time I opened a thread about buying a Chevy Cruze. I can't seem to Find it. Can anyone point me in the right Direction? :D

I can see why you started the thread, the Cruze looks awesome. I only looked at one at a department store and I was impressed by the interior and how solid the build-quality looked. Certainly makes my wife's Aveo look like the tin-pot it is, big step up for Chevy.

Out of interest, does the Cruze come with the same 10 standard air bags as in the US? What interested me was whether buying the range-topping diesel would purely be a decision for fuel economy but the Chevy salesman couldn't answer whether there were plans to release the Cruse Eco model which gets 42 mpg.

They don't come with standard 10 airbags like back home.

My LS comes with 1 for the driver. The Top LTZ comes with all the rest of them. My wife sits so far back, an airbag for her would be useless. ESP and traction control are more important to me. Cars like the City, March, Brio, Jazz, Vios are death traps. If you've ever tried to avoid something or slam your breaks on a wet road in one of those cars you know what I'm talking about.

I wanted the diesel also, but out of my budget.

why do you keep on comparing Cruze with 4-700k baht cars? Sure they are death traps compared to a 10 airbag Cruze, not available for sale in Thailand.

and a TH Cruise is a death trap compared to 8 airbags Accord available in TH, or a 2 airbag Pajero Sport at almost same price as Cruze

Who told you the Thai cruze only came with 1 airbag? I only said 10 airbags are not "standard", meaning not every model here comes with 10 airbags, that doesn't mean there's not a model here with many airbags.

The LTZ and LT come with airbags for everyone. LTZ even next to the seats front and back.Yes. The one in Thailand. I just didn't pick that one. if i wanted 2 or more airbags I would've bought the LT/LTZ.

So, even if you buy the LTZ here in Thailand, diesel with airbags for everyone and every part of your body you're still paying less than the cost of the cheapest accord. So you're still winning.

Another person who doesn't read.

Edited by thaicruze

let's just wait until they test the accord and the chevy together..

They wouldn't. The Chevy Cruze is a compact sedan. The Accord is a full size sedan.

You compare the Cruze to Mazda 3 and Ford Focus or a Civic not to an Accord.

You can compare it to a Nissan Taena though.

If you're a Honda fanboy (which apparently many here are) you can get the Top accord. A cool 3 million baht. Yes $100,000 US dollars for a Honda.

:D aaahahahahahaha

I bet you'd pay it too.

I like Toyota and Honda. They put out inferior products, but people buy them regardless because of the badge.

The Cruze takes aim at the Toyota Corolla (AKA Altis) and the Honda Civic. And it smokes both of them in every way except short term resale value of course. For the price of a Civic you can buy the top loaded Cruze with every airbag possible (to keep your friend happy up there).

Chevy doesn't have cars here to compete with the Accord, Teana or Camry.

Edited by thaicruze

The 1.8L LS Cruze (Thailand) comes with ABS with EBD, traction control and ESP. this to me was more important than having 2-10 airbags, so I went with this model. If you need more airbags, if you have kids or will have many people riding in your car, then you can get the LTZ with all the airbags. Curtain, side, the whole 9. The 1.8L LTZ starts at 998,000. Plus for this price you get rain sensor, remote start and other features not found in a Civic or an Altis.

Hi All.

Can you let us know if the diesel Cruze is 2.0 or 2.2 and is it available in Thailand

Looked at the ltz 1.8 we thought it was a really nice car,

phupaman

Yes it is. The dealers will have an LTZ 1.8 to show (same car just different engine). You can order the LTZ Diesel, but of course you'll have to wait for delivery.

Here you go

Cruze 2.0 Diesel - 1,165,000 baht

http://en.chevrolet.co.th/vehicles/view-all-vehicles/cars/cruze/models/cruze-2-0.html

The ones available in Thailand are:

•2.0-liter VCDI diesel common-rail engine with variable turbo system

•1.8-liter ECOTEC petrol engine with Double Continuous Variable Cam Phasing (Double CVC) - Gasohol 91&95 E10

•1.6-liter E-TEC petrol engine with Variable Geometry Intake System (VGiS) - E20

The 1.6 starts at 735,000 baht. Doesn't have anything major. No ESP, no traction control, no airbags.

The 1.8 can be LS or LT. LT has more options like cruise control and other stuff. LS starts at 875,000 and LT at 936,00. The 1.8 LTZ is loaded with everything and every airbag for 998,000.

The 2.0 is the same as the 1.8 LTZ, but with a diesel engine at 1,165,000

Did you take it out for a test drive? If not, you must. The test car will most likely be an LT 1.8L. It will give you a good idea of what it's like. You are going to be shocked by how quiet it is! Also, the build quality is great. Solid car.

Edited by thaicruze

Who told you the Thai cruze only came with 1 airbag? I only said 10 airbags are not "standard", meaning not every model here comes with 10 airbags, that doesn't mean there's not a model here with many airbags.

The LTZ and LT come with airbags for everyone. LTZ even next to the seats front and back.Yes. The one in Thailand. I just didn't pick that one. if i wanted 2 or more airbags I would've bought the LT/LTZ.

So, even if you buy the LTZ here in Thailand, diesel with airbags for everyone and every part of your body you're still paying less than the cost of the cheapest accord. So you're still winning.

Thai Cruze comes with max 4 airbags according to the spec Chev TH has provided me with. My Thai Accord came with 8.

the acceptable crash ratings for Cruze are cars with 10 airbags

Thai Cruze comes with max 4 airbags according to the spec Chev TH has provided me with. My Thai Accord came with 8.

A Cruze is not an Accord. Again, if you are going to compare a Cruze, then take the Honda Civic, not an Accord. I'm not the guy talking crap about Accords. I only talked crap about my wife's 15 year old Accord (6 years ago so 21 years now). I'm sure Accords are much better now. I don't care because I'm not looking at the full size sedan segment. I went through this already. The Accord and the Cruze are 2 entirely different categories.

However, congratulations on your 8 airbags. Have you used them yet?

Also, maybe you've never been inside an LTZ?

I guess youre trying to make the point the Accord is better than the Cruze. I certainly hope so. It's a lit more expensive.

To say the cruze has only 1 airbag is nonsense. That was my point.

Can we now get back to the COMPACT/Midsize CAR segment?

Edited by thaicruze

A Cruze is not an Accord.

suggest you go back and read your own topic

I have driven LTZ 1,8. Loved the two tone leather, liked the front seat interior/dash, does not handle, steer and brake as good as Civic or Focus, and rearseat has less leg room than City

btw I do not own the Accord any more, I pulled it in here cause you compare Cruze with 4-700k baht small cars. A cruise is indeed not an Accord, it is much smaller and lower spec, how much smaller I havent looked up

A Cruze is not an Accord.

suggest you go back and read your own topic

I have driven LTZ 1,8. Loved the two tone leather, liked the front seat interior/dash, does not handle, steer and brake as good as Civic or Focus, and rearseat has less leg room than City

btw I do not own the Accord any more, I pulled it in here cause you compare Cruze with 4-700k baht small cars. A cruise is indeed not an Accord, it is much smaller and lower spec, how much smaller I havent looked up

The Civic is not as good as a Cruze vice-versa. They are on 2 different planets.

The Civic was OK in the 80's. The car is noisy and drives like shit. I test drove it remember?

The Cruze is light years ahead of the current and upcoming Civic.

The only reason I mentioned small cheap cars is because #1 I own a City now and #2 someone said they'd rather buy a City.

I've been consistent from my original post. I was looking to upgrade and move on the mid size segment (compact in the US), so I was looking at the cars in this segment. A 400,000 baht car is not in the same league as the Cruze. The Accord is in another segment entirely.

Your POS accord shouldnt even be in this conversation.

400,000 baht cars MAYBE part of the conversation because, after all, this thread is about moving from City and Vios to better cars.

And the City having more leg room than a Cruze is nonsense. The seats go back much farther, so maybe you had the seat way too far back. I OWN a City, remember? A City is a tin can compared to the Cruze. Well; a City is a lower Civic. When you thought a car couldn't get any lower than a POS Civic, they come out with City and Brio (which is a renamed City hatchback).

You LOVED the 2 tone leather, did you? Tell me. Was is FABULOUS!

Also, I can tell you've never really driven a Cruze or a Civic just by the "breaks" comment.

A Civic breaks as well as my 2005 City, which is to say, not very good. My foot had to travel like 3 inches for the car to start breaking

The Cruze breaks by you just looking at the break pedal. Best breaks I've ever used.

Then you say the Cruze is lower spec'd and smaller than an Accord.

I see. So you expect a Midsize cheaper sedan to be more spec'd and bigger than a full size more expensive sedan?

Yikes! :D

I'm loving Thai Visa posters. Are you in the Twilight Zone by any chance? ;)

Edited by thaicruze

I'm sorry I usually don't do this because anyone can have typo's or occasional mis-spells but it's been repeated numerous times indicating it's not a typo and it's driving me bonkers. The word is "brakes" as in stopping, not "breaks" as in failing or shattering or breaking :) ...

I'm sorry I usually don't do this because anyone can have typo's or occasional mis-spells but it's been repeated numerous times indicating it's not a typo and it's driving me bonkers. The word is "brakes" as in stopping, not "breaks" as in failing or shattering or breaking :) ...

You should check your own spelling errors. A guy that tells us how intelligent you were at birth still doesn't have a spell check. Come on Warpy, get your own house in order first eh. :)

Sometimes if I mistype something the iphOne will fix it. I don't really go back and tru to fix it. Won't let me now.

Brakes vs breaks. Yes. I meant to type brakes not like I'm having a coffee brake. Anyway. I mean break! Shit!! It keeps fixing it.

dam_n you autocorrect!

pussycoffin.jpg

You shouldve read my emails the first few weeks inowned this phone. I couldnt understand a word I was saying.

I mean, I STILL can't understand what the hell I'm saying.

Anyway. Not going to get into the usual forum flame war. It's such a cliche.

You guys buy whatever car you want. Doesn't matter. I pick my Cruze up this weekend. Can't wait. Getting sick of Honda.

It has been a good little car, but I'm glad I won't be putting up with the little thugs of a cheap car. For example

The A pillar on te City hasn't changed. Even on the current one. The A pillar is so freggin long when you're turning and you need to look to your right to watch out for incoming traffic, you're always looking above it or under it. Trying to find a good position so you can see. VERY annoying.

Also, now that it's been raining. Very precarious braking. Well, brakes as I said are shit. Also, if you go at normal highway speeds and you hit a puddle of water you feel like you almost lose complete control of the car. I came very close one.

Another thing that bothers me was once on a wet road, I was doing maybe 40kph and had to brake suddenly. I turned the wheel to the right, but the car kept sliding out of control straight. Only when it fully stopped did it actually turn right.

(BTW, I had to go back and correct that paragraph a few times. If there are typos, ignore it).

Edited by thaicruze

You should have no problem with stopping a Cruze then.ABS is Excellent for Novice Drivers who cant even a read the road, and drive with 3inches of free pedal play. Regular Service applies to all modes of Transport.By the way, you forgot to praise the Ashtray Size, and Superior Door Handle.Your Cheques in the Post :wacko:

Oh. And I'm sure the Accord stops on a freggin DIME! :D

Seriously though. I want to meet the person who paid 3 million baht for a Honda.

I must have made a bargain, I only paid 1,5 in March 2008, and it did exactly what it was supposed to, travelling 70k km on highways in 14 months, cruising relaxing 160kmh for hours, and yes good brakes when needed. However all brakes had to be replaced at 15-30k km, rotors where blue and pads glaced. Couldnt take my beating I guess :whistling:

still got 1.260.000 for it after 70k km/14 months. cheap motoring

Cruze looses the same value leaving showroomfloor

I still cant see the relevance of comparing your 6 yo dated city 88 hp ruberband-auto, with todays city or cruze

there have been 3 generation citys, all with different a pillars

Seriously though. I want to meet the person who paid 3 million baht for a Honda.

I must have made a bargain, I only paid 1,5 in March 2008, and it did exactly what it was supposed to, travelling 70k km on highways in 14 months, cruising relaxing 160kmh for hours, and yes good brakes when needed. However all brakes had to be replaced at 15-30k km, rotors where blue and pads glaced. Couldnt take my beating I guess :whistling:

I still cant see the relevance of comparing your 6 yo dated city 88 hp ruberband-auto, with todays city or cruze

I am NOT comparing them. I am saying I am moving UP. That I am getting a better car. That's all.

As to your Honda Accord, it depends on the model. It starts at 1,265,000 and it ends at 2,950,000.

As to the value, I don't intend on driving a car for 14 months. I plan to drive it for at least the next 10 years. as we said before, if you plan to keep a car for a long time, resale value is a non issue.

Yet you say your Honda lost 240,000 baht in 14 months. A 2010 Cruze 1.8 LS ( MY Car) is selling for 785,000. So my car lost 90,000 baht in value since last year while your Accord lost 240,000 baht in 14 months.

Yet again, you have no clue what you are talking about. You're just speculating.

Oh and here is the car:

http://showroom.one2...ar_id=e06110319

Unlike the USA, just because this is Thailand, cars here, regardless of Brand, keep their value extremely well in comparison. Of course, Toyota and Honda will keep their value better than other brands, but you are grossly exaggerating everything just because its a Chevy.

Edited by thaicruze

I am NOT comparing them. I am saying I am moving UP. That I am getting a better car. That's all.

As to your Honda Accord, it depends on the model. It starts at 1,265,000 and it ends at 2,950,000.

As to the value, I don't intend on driving a car for 14 months. I plan to drive it for at least the next 10 years. as we said before, if you plan to keep a car for a long time, resale value is a non issue.

Yet you say your Honda lost 240,000 baht in 14 months. A 2010 Cruze 1.8 LS ( MY Car) is selling for 785,000. So my car lost 90,000 baht in value since last year while your Accord lost 240,000 baht in 14 months.

Yet again, you have no clue what you are talking about. You're just speculating.

Oh and here is the car

http://showroom.one2...ar_id=e06110319

yep, 2010 Cruze purchased with 49k down can be picked up at any auction at 600k baht. Then advertised for sale at 785k

my accord lost only 240k baht in 70k km. cheap motoring at 3,4 baht/km ad the same in fuel and you have approx ownership costs 7 baht/km = 490.000 baht to do 70.000km in comfort, safety, reliability and performing well at speed. hard to beat :)

but I have no clue what I am talking about, so I let you continue your Cruze propaganda :lol: :lol:

for other readers, please be aware of the lack of facts in this topic, on other cars and on Cruze

You should have no problem with stopping a Cruze then.ABS is Excellent for Novice Drivers who cant even a read the road, and drive with 3inches of free pedal play. Regular Service applies to all modes of Transport.By the way, you forgot to praise the Ashtray Size, and Superior Door Handle.Your Cheques in the Post :wacko:

Yea sure. Blame it on me, not on Thai drivers.

:D

Have you ever driven in Thailand?

Anyway, you're right. All car safety should be taken out for "professional" drivers like you.

Oh and the guy who wrote about the Honda City pillars changing. More bullshit.

The current City has the exact same issue as the 2005 City. You always have to look around the A pillar to see oncoming vehicles. It is quite annoying. This is what put me off the new City. Same A pillar problem, same cheapness same interior room, give or take a few mm. I'd rather get a BRIO.

Anyway. Back to Mid-Size.

Are you a yank by any chance ? :D

Excuse me?

:o

You say your sick of seeing Honda's on the road, in my visits to the States the roads were full of Honda's :huh:, yes Honda rules in the USA, but l can agree with you if......

post-41816-0-65252100-1312954836_thumb.j

you want more of these eh. :D

Edited by transam

Also. The person complaining that the LTZ only comes with 4 airbags. The Civic ALSO comes with 4 airbags.

Civic

honda-civic-engine.jpg

Cruze

index.png

Same as Cruze. Also, the Cruze's body is safer and better build quality than the plastic Honda Civic. I really don't see the issue here.

Cruze's safety

cruze-1.jpg

Honda Civic safety

12-21-04.jpg

Yea sure. Blame it on me, not on Thai drivers.

:D

Have you ever driven in Thailand?

Anyway, you're right. All car safety should be taken out for "professional" drivers like you.

You are responsible for you Vehicles state of poor repair,Thais dont make it rain, you were not driving to suit the conditions, you skidded, not the Car .Are you a Teacher perhaps, like the children they teach, tend to blame anyone but themself. My ABS only gets used when i slam the brakes to stop thing sticking.:D

You are responsible for you Vehicles state of poor repair,Thais dont make it rain, you were not driving to suit the conditions, you skidded, not the Car .Are you a Teacher perhaps, like the children they teach, tend to blame anyone but themself. My ABS only gets used when i slam the brakes to stop thing sticking.:D

Let me guess... Not a native speaker...

My Honda is in very good condition. Excellent actually. Honda serviced every 10,000km since day 1.

160,000km

It's a shit cheap car, but it's in excellent condition.

and I was driving normally. I was doing 35-40kph. Thais don't make it rain, but they drive like maniacs. The guy that made me slam on the breaks came IN on an OFF ramp. They love to drive the wrong way too, at night at full speed. That's my favorite. Then they blink their lights at YOU to get out of THEIR way. You know the 80kph half shoulder half lane driving south on the north bound lane. TIT.

Motorcycle people are the worst though. Last near accident was me tuning right. I was not even pressing the gas pedal. Just let go of the break. I was turning right and crossing the lane going the opposite way. This Thai motorcycle guy FLIES on my RIGHT! gets on the other side of the road and then shoots back on the lane missing my car by inches.

Only in Thailand

reckless-driving.jpg

Edited by thaicruze

Excuse me?

You say your sick of seeing Honda's on the road, in my visits to the States the roads were full of Honda's :huh:, yes Honda rules in the USA, but l can agree with you if......

Cant be a Yank, they aint strapped for Cash, most likely a Wingin Pom

Excuse me?

Wingin Pom, hmmmmmmmmmm, sounds like me. :lol:

Excuse me?

Who said I was "strapped for cash"?

I guess you havent been watching the news? Every single american is strapped for cash.

In thailand, farangs have 0.

Edited by thaicruze

I love the way any thread on an internet forum can become a shit fight no matter how mundane its original purpose might of been :D

As far as the Cruze goes, im just glad that for the same price back in Australia I can have this

Mazda-RX-7-red-concept.jpg