I Bought A Chevy Cruze

1.8LTZ is low spec?

That sentence made no sense

Made sense to me. He wasn't saying the the LTZ was the lowest spec in the range, he was saying that if you buy the LTZ without any extras (ie lowest spec version of LTZ) it comes with leather and 4 airbags.

spot on, thats what I said. and this would be the only Cruze close to Mitsu Lancer GT in spec/price, except Mitsu comes with more power and much better handling and steering

and changing leather on a car with side airbags built into seats, you are basicly down to 2 front airbags, as the seat airbags are not likely to work as designed

Well, mine doesn't have side airbags, so who cares?

Also, your comment about "better handling" in the lancer, we can assume that you test drove them both extensively, correct?

I always take that with a grain of salt anyways as one mans "better handling" is another mans marshmallow..

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who said anything about getting a "cheap" LTZ? Nobody.

All i did was tell you my understanding of what KBB said. And that was that an LTZ without any extras comes with factory leather and 4 airbags. If you are saying there are no extras available, i have to say i find that very surprising. Usually even top models have some extras. Anyway, by the by. Point was, KBB wasn't claiming the LTZ to be the lowest spec model.

There is no lower spec LTZ. It comes with a standard set of features. You can't say "I want an LTZ without remote start and without auto rain sensing". They'll tell you to get an LT then. You can't take the options out.

Just go to the Chevy Thailand website and you can see each model and what they come with. They aren't things you can take on or off. You get a 1.8 LTZ, you pay 998,000 baht. The end. There are no "extras" that you can take out for a cheaper LTZ. That would be an LT.

I wasn't talking about taking options off. I was talking about being able to add extra options. Even top of the line models in their range usually have extra options that you can add.

:D

Hahahah

Oh my goodness.

Let me try it again

The Chevrolet Cruze LTZ is the TOP

That's right

THE TOP model of the Cruze.

What more are you going to add? Rubber mats?

And the comments wasn't about adding. The comment you guys made was about taking "extras off the LTZ to make it cheaper". Remember? About 5 minutes ago you guys were taking about "the lower spec'd LTZ". Now you're on to adding more. :D

Edited by thaicruze

And how is one different then the other?

Bottom line for me is how much money i lose, not how much i pay, and i believe that in not all, but a lot of cases, one would lose less money in Thailand, than one would in let's say the UK.

Right so by that logic I guess the rest of my post went over your head or you ignored it because the economics of it say you lose more paying and financing more up front..

When you start discussing financing deals it all becomes a lot more complicated as there are many more factors involved as to how much a car will cost. You may no more on that subject - as you do every subject of course - for me i always buy cars outright, so for me, buying a car in Thailand, can cost less in ownership, than buying a car in the UK, even though buying the car in Thailand initially costs more. Can you grasp that?

Hahahah

Oh my goodness.

Let me try it again

That's right

And the comments wasn't about adding. The comment you guys made was about taking "extras off the LTZ to make it cheaper". Now you're on to adding more. :D

When did anyone say about taking options off to make it cheaper? A ridiculous figment of your imagination. Can't be done.

You seem to be struggling with this idea, but even TOP models have optional extras. No, not rubber mats. Things like extra safety features. I bet LTZ has them too.

Bottom line for me is how much money i lose, not how much i pay, and i believe that in not all, but a lot of cases, one would lose less money in Thailand, than one would in let's say the UK.

I have owned cars in several countries, and ownership in TH is the least expensive I have ever experienced. Purchase price is higher than in some markets, but secondhand value is extremely high in one year and in three years, maintance and insurance almost for free. Mainstream Toyota and Honda experience only

Right so by that logic I guess the rest of my post went over your head or you ignored it because the economics of it say you lose more paying and financing more up front..

When you start discussing financing deals it all becomes a lot more complicated as there are many more factors involved as to how much a car will cost. You may no more on that subject - as you do every subject of course - for me i always buy cars outright, so for me, buying a car in Thailand, can cost less in ownership, than buying a car in the UK, even though buying the car in Thailand initially costs more. Can you grasp that?

True.

Mine cost 29,000.

Let's say someone in the US pays 20,000 or less for mine.

By the time I'm done paying my small loan in 48 months, that guy in the USA would've paid 10,000-15,000 dollars in insurance in 48 months.

as you do every subject of course -

Umm serious envy displayed there.. Sorry for your lack of life's experience but I've nothing to be apologetic about in my life's experiences..

Hahahah

Oh my goodness.

Let me try it again

That's right

And the comments wasn't about adding. The comment you guys made was about taking "extras off the LTZ to make it cheaper". Now you're on to adding more. :D

When did anyone say about taking options off to make it cheaper? A ridiculous figment of your imagination. Can't be done.

You seem to be struggling with this idea, but even TOP models have optional extras. No, not rubber mats. Things like extra safety features. I bet LTZ has them too.

as a start I would ad proper lights (HID/xenon), and proper rims and tyres to make it handle better

Hahahah

Oh my goodness.

Let me try it again

That's right

Really? The LTZ in Thailand has optional extra safety features.

Aaahahshshshahahahah

Ok. Let me know when you find them and list them here.

Let's not listen to the guy who spent weeks looking at and eventually BUYING a Cruze. Let's just go by what you THINK MAYBE true.

But, no. There are no "extras" or "safety" extras for the LTZ. It is what it is.

You really seem to be struggling with That idea.

There is a brochure they give you for "extras". It has silver trim stuff, rubber mats and all kinds of things.

You should look more into it so you don't come here talking nonsense about things you know nothing about. Seriously. You THINK? How about YOU KNOW? Then come back and share.

Edited by thaicruze

Hahahah

Oh my goodness.

Let me try it again

That's right

as a start I would ad proper lights (HID/xenon), and proper rims and tyres to make it handle better

Of course. YOU can customize any car however you want to. What does that have to do with adding "extra safety features" at the time of purchase?

If you want to customize it, you can go to your nearest custom rim shop. What's the dealer going to do?

So, how did the Cruze handle for you when you drove it?

Where did you drive it? Because mine handles perfectly.

Edited by thaicruze

True.

Mine cost 29,000.

Let's say someone in the US pays 20,000 or less for mine.

By the time I'm done paying my small loan in 48 months, that guy in the USA would've paid 10,000-15,000 dollars in insurance in 48 months.

10,000-15,000 dollars for insurance in 48 months? <deleted> Where do you get these figures?? A high risk driver with Dui's maybe. Besides insurance has nothing what-so-ever to do with the resale value of the car.. It's the price you pay for owning one no matter where it is it's a disposable like buying gas which BTW is also cheaper back home.. If I'm paying 3-4000 USD more for a car here then back there that will buy a lot of insurance for me since my driving record is perfect..

It also just dawned on me that original post I made was about the US not the UK where everything is over inflated so instead of moving the goal posts again maybe it would be nice to take a lesson from someone who does have first hand experience instead of arguing apples and oranges..

JFYI on financed vehicles (WHICH IS A MORE REALISTIC GAUGE SINCE MOST PEOPLE FINANCE) you lose money here as they do not amortize your interest so you get no refund for early payment you've already paid the interest..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Umm serious envy displayed there.. Sorry for your lack of life's experience but I've nothing to be apologetic about in my life's experiences..

No, you needn't apologise for your life's experiences... for being an obnoxious, pompous, arrogant, no-it-all, well some might apologise for that, but usually not they themselves, but their mum or their care-giver.

Ohhh! Nooooooo! I'm American not British... Just FYI since were into personal criticisms, it's "know it all"...

Edited by WarpSpeed

Of course. YOU can customize any car however you want to. What does that have to do with adding "extra safety features" at the time of purchase?

If you want to customize it, you can go to your nearest custom rim shop. What's the dealer going to do?

Safety feature was just an example of what might be listed as an extra. There may be safety features, or there may be other things, but for their too be no optional extras whatsoever, well, i would find that very surprising. If that is the way it is with the LTZ, then you must be right.

hey f u too, that is one ugly red interior...

reading this thread made me even more resolve, the ugliest thing about this car is the badge,

then the dash, then the price, what the hell is chevy thinking?

you like the car, then good for you, I would never buy one, when picking my choice last year, i looked at the chevy captiva and was beffudled as to why they priced their little suv for so much money, same thing I'm thinking when I see the cruze,

good luck with chevy, I already know what your luck will be one year down the road when you value the car, wanna keep it for ten years and don't care about the resale value? well, that's you chief,

again, I would never even consider this, I would rather look at the altis taxi, it's miles away more reliable and more worth the money, crappy as you say it is, it's still a toyota, chevy never earned that kind of respect and yet they're asking you to pay so much money for this untested unproven and unworthy vehicle...

hyundai at least redeemed itself, and with regards to styling, well, its far prettier than that crappy interior, what with the red..

:rolleyes:, god help us.

And how you can tell how comfortable a seat is without driving it is beyond me, BUT as you often say most stuff is beyond me eh.:)

Here he is!! You know what T/A get fuc_kin lost!! I'm tired of you stalking just to jump in and take pot shots! I'm done with it.. Post something of interest to the thread or <deleted> off!!

both of you, knock it off or I shut you down.

flaming posts removed

and yes that was a public warning to quit flaming

next flamer is out

I think the Acid test will come from the how Taxi Fleets recieve them.. They are popping up all over Bkk. Mitsu have just done a deal in Phitsanulok im told for 100 of their old cheaper models. They { Chev} only have to beat Toyota, and that according to Tom, is easy. Personal opinion i know, but to me you have ripped out its main feature, and only the extra quietness remains .Please dont buy something that's really special, you will close down Cyberspace. Change those ORRID TYRES, they made the Test Car noisy.:D

My Cruze came with Maxxis Victra 510 - 205/60 R16. The tires are great to my surprise. They are quiet and the really grip the road, even at 120kph in this rainy weather with puddles all over the highway.

I thought I would have to change to my regular Michelin, but these are quieter. My Michelins used to have a "whooooooooooo" sound when I was slowing down, especially when they were new. Not these.

I know from a Thai car show that when they tested the Diesel model it came with other tires. The guy doing the review didn't care for the tires, but they werent maxiss. Not sure what happened there.

Maxxis_Victra-510.jpg

Maybe it was just the car they gave him to test

Edited by thaicruze

I must have had his Test Car, Quiet they AINT..:lol:

A) you could be lying and have never actually been inside a chevy Cruze

B ) I drive it every day. The car is extremely quiet.

I'm going for A. Anyone who says the chevy Cruze is loud when you drive it has obviously never been inside of one.

BTW, the guy who test drove it was also amazed by how quiet the car was. He said the diesel was not as quiet as the petrol but still, extremely quiet.

The reason he didn't care for the tires was because his test car had "no brand" tires.

The quietness is something that has been written about review after review. I confirm it because I drive the thing every single day. I've put nearly 1,000KM in a little over a week.

It's hard to explain how quiet the car is, but you can tell by this short review here. He is on the 1.4L version.

That's how quiet mine is.

Edited by thaicruze

I have indeed driven a White Cruze in Suphanburi, they all but draged me in !!. , or i would have no knowledge that the quiet interior renders the cheap tyres noisy if you opren the window, also the suspension far to soft for me.As for Test Drivers i have far more experience than the average test drivers thank you. Its medium to slow, but apart from that id be happy to drive one. You get what you pay for., not bad value, not very stimulating drive compared to a Mitsu.G.T. or a Manual Honda City.

Safety feature was just an example of what might be listed as an extra. There may be safety features, or there may be other things, but for their too be no optional extras whatsoever, well, i would find that very surprising. If that is the way it is with the LTZ, then you must be right.

Wow. You're still arguing things you don't know anything about. All this time you never bothered to check out some information about it.

Let me try again

There's a 1.8 edition. Right? OK. The more options you want, the more expensive it gets. They are called the LS, LT and LTZ. That's it. End of story.

No. There are no other "optional" anything other than the options brochure they give you. Actually, you can even download this from the website, Which you obviously STILL haven't bothered to visit.

No. Nothing. That's it. LTZ is it. No more optional anything.

Not sure what "options" you're talking about since you are still ring extremely vague.

Also, you're changing the topic. This started by you guys saying that there was a "low spec" LTZ. That's ridiculous. Now you're onto, there must be some hidden "special options nobody knows about" that you can put in it. Of course, you still haven't given any examples as to what you mean by "extra options" exactly.

The extra options you can have are options such as, trunk plastic lining, trunk buckets, curtains, chrome package, lighting at your feet (blue lighting), CRUZE on you running board, etc.

That's it.

I have indeed driven a White Cruze in Suphanburi, they all but draged me in !!. , or i would have no knowledge that the quiet interior renders the cheap tyres noisy if you opren the window, also the suspension far to soft for me.As for Test Drivers i have far more experience than the average test drivers thank you. Its medium to slow, but apart from that id be happy to drive one. You get what you pay for., not bad value, not very stimulating drive compared to a Mitsu.G.T. or a Manual Honda City.

Tires are cheap? How much is 1 of my tires compared to a similar Michelin? Anyway, they're just tires. You can get any tire you want to.

So, someone dragged you into a Chevy dealer to test drive a Cruze? Why? I find that story very bizarre. A WHITE one. Not gray or silver or black, but WHITE! You also rolled down the window to hear the tires. Of course. :D

Then you went out and test drove a new City (manual of course) and a Lancer (GT of course, not the other one).

Do you test drive cars for a living? :D

Also, a car called CRUZE is not designed to give you a stimulating sporty drive. It's designed to, CRUZE. Soft quiet tranquil no thrills drive. Hence the name CRUZE.

Out of curiosity, what car do you drive?

Edited by thaicruze

Chiming in to say that i have just seen a Cruze parked next to Camry and Accord.

Cruze was shorter by less than 15cm~. It had much more head space and body width.

oops. dam_n auto correct.

Edited by thaiIand

Chiming in to say that i have just seen a Cruze parked next to Camry and Accord.

Cruze was shorter by less than 15cm~. It had much more head space and body width.

oops. dam_n auto correct.

And it looked a lot better too right? :)

It's a "compact", but it doesn't feel compact inside. It does have a compact car fuel economy though, so that puts it over the Accord for me.

The only one I'd consider between those would be the Camry Hybrid, but, too many people with those. Cruze makes you feel special. B)

Don't listen to these people. They haven't even been inside of one.

As for the Maxxis tires, well, Goodyear tires are cheaper than Maxxis. It's a good tire. Not loud at all. Boloney. I've put about 700km in 9 days. They're NOT loud. These people are forum trolls.

Edited by thaicruze

Tires are cheap? How much is 1 of my tires compared to a similar Michelin? Anyway, they're just tires. You can get any tire you want to.

So, someone dragged you into a Chevy dealer to test drive a Cruze? Why? I find that story very bizarre. A WHITE one. Not gray or silver or black, but WHITE! You also rolled down the window to hear the tires. Of course. :D

Then you went out and test drove a new City (manual of course) and a Lancer (GT of course, not the other one).

Also, a car called CRUZE is not designed to give you a stimulating sporty drive. It's designed to, CRUZE. Soft quiet tranquil no thrills drive. Hence the name CRUZE.

Range Rover Sport.2011. Honda Accord2011. Toyo Sportivo 2011, 3 Salesfolk. Dirty white with N/S front bumper gouged to be exact..I wind the Window down on all Tinted cars to see right when it rains.We have many Cities in the Company, and my wifes friend bought a Mitsu GT, the other day. Next Question to entertain the Troops.Youre getting out of your depth old son.:redcard2:

Range Rover Sport.2011. Honda Accord2011. Toyo Sportivo 2011, 3 Salesfolk. Dirty white with N/S front bumper gouged to be exact..I wind the Window down on all Tinted cars to see right when it rains.We have many Cities in the Company, and my wifes friend bought a Mitsu GT, the other day. Next Question to entertain the Troops.Youre getting out of your depth old son.:redcard2:

Wait wait.

I'm still laughing.

Ahhhhh

Ok

So, you just bought a brand new Range Rover Sport and a brand new Honda Accord.

You were somewhere driving your brand new range rover 2011 and 3 Chevrolet salesmen stop you and force you into a BEAT UP DIRTY white Chevy Cruze to test drive. Also, when it rains, you roll the windows DOWN to see better!

Aaaahahahahahahahahah

No My Company Leases the Range Rover, I retire soon so its Pedestrian Cars for me after that.Or Cough Up big money just to go to Lotus..That's why i called in from your initially balanced posts, and Ive also tried the Fords and Mazda's But youre so Full of Cruze you dont read other posters do you.:D