I Bought A Chevy Cruze

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thaicruze, what about making it go faster? Have you looked into possible mods?

Those 18's look good, but with looks must come power!

Surely it's already the fastest thing out there in class, what are you saying wash your mouth out straight away.

each of the 18" wheels will add 11hp = additional 50hp (4 x 11 = 44 + 6 = 50)... i think wink.png

• Like 1

In all seriousness TC the Cruze does look good, if you look closely at that Cruze you've posted I'm pretty sure it has a brake upgrade, the rotors don't look stock diameter, think very hard about that dramatic an increase in rim and tire size it may effect your braking whistling.gif ..

Edited by WarpSpeed

In all seriousness TC the Cruze does look good, if you look closely at that Cruze you've posted I'm pretty sure it has a brake upgrade, the rotors don't look stock diameter, think very hard about that dramatic an increase in rim and tire size it may effect your braking whistling.gif ..

I think the alloys in the picture he posted are 20".

The Cruze doesn't look quite so cool with 18s.

2011-Chevy-Cruze-RS-web.jpg

each of the 18" wheels will add 11hp = additional 50hp (4 x 11 = 44 + 6 = 50)... i think wink.png

Hahahaha love the random +6!

Hahahaha love the random +6!

not random! the spare 18" adds only 6hp. of course if Thaicruze puts

a 23.5" spare in the trunk of his Cruze and goes for a clippper haircut... crazy.gif

Saw the end bit on TV of a story on the morning Thai news today about a very angry lady Cruze customer taking her car back to the dealership, rounding up a lot of news crews, and taking a hammer to the windscreen (always seems a bit of a cop out to smash the windscreen, why not do the bodywork?!). She was then mouthing off something chronic at the sales staff who looked stunned and afraid. Caught the story too late to work out whether it was an issue with the dealership damaging her car, or an issue with the car itself. Anyone see it?

Saw the end bit on TV of a story on the morning Thai news today about a very angry lady Cruze customer taking her car back to the dealership, rounding up a lot of news crews, and taking a hammer to the windscreen (always seems a bit of a cop out to smash the windscreen, why not do the bodywork?!). She was then mouthing off something chronic at the sales staff who looked stunned and afraid. Caught the story too late to work out whether it was an issue with the dealership damaging her car, or an issue with the car itself. Anyone see it?

To answer my own request, here is the story:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/582740-femal-police-officer-draws-her-gun-in-dispute-with-chevrolet-dealer/

Moral of the story, don't piss off a Cruze owner, especially not one who is armed!

You might want to cross her off your Cruze club member list, thaicruze.

http://www.thaivisa....evrolet-dealer/

Moral of the story, don't piss off a Cruze owner, especially not one who is armed!

Well, actually seems to be the case against owning a Cruze!

We understand that since the car first went for repair at the Center in July, the pair have encountered customer service issues including claims that sub-standard workmanship and spare parts were used to repair damage caused to the vehicle by the female officer who was involved in a minor road accident.

So, service at Chevy = substandard + inferior spare parts. cheesy.gif

http://www.thaivisa....evrolet-dealer/

Well, actually seems to be the case against owning a Cruze!

We understand that since the car first went for repair at the Center in July, the pair have encountered customer service issues including claims that sub-standard workmanship and spare parts were used to repair damage caused to the vehicle by the female officer who was involved in a minor road accident.

That's a claim by some angry customer.

She bought a brand new Cruze. Smashed it and then protested because the repair didn't meet her standards.

Sorry but the story is full of holes. We really don't know what happened other than some nutcase showed up at a dealer and caused trouble.

Sounds like typical Thai.

She bought a nice brand new car. She smashed it. it was repaired but she thought it wasn't as pretty as when she bought it so she wanted a new one. The manager told her "yea right". She said "I'm the police. You give me new car". He said "ammmm. No". So she got angry, called the press and made a big scene and started accusing the dealer of this that and the other.

The manager of the dealer should have her arrested and sue her.

She showed up in her uniform but covered her face. If she was so right, show up in your civilian clothes and let us see who you are. If you're so right.

Not to mention she should be fired immediately.

Edited by thaicruze

Well, Chev aren't pulling the purse strings on a crash repair - the insurance company is.. so could be a case of misdirected anger.

That's not to say that Chev service levels are fantastic - in the sub-4M price range brands, it's pretty much luck of draw.

Spring washer tune up = March / April out with the Karcher.

Next time I'll mention honed out hubcaps, 12 feet of short circuits, a tin of striped paint and a left handed screw driver!

Edited by Woodsie888

Well, Chev aren't pulling the purse strings on a crash repair - the insurance company is.. so could be a case of misdirected anger.

That's not to say that Chev service levels are fantastic - in the sub-4M price range brands, it's pretty much luck of draw.

It's like that with Honda as well. I've heard of people having a terrible experience at some Honda dealers. Before I bought my Cruze I researched the dealer first, from other thai customers. My dealer has been good to me. They have someone who speaks English and she waits for me if I have to go.

Sorry what I saw in the video there is no excuse nor explanation for the behavior of those people no matter what the reasoning, they are public servants sworn to protect and serve the public against the very scum they presented themselves as and for her to un-holster her gun over such an incident is unimaginable and the parking across the street blocking traffic. In any civilized society they'd both be arrested and suspended for creating a public nuisance, endangering the lives of the public and there's a few more charges that would rightfully be added, damm certain they'd arrest any of us for those actions to be sure..

Thought it hilarious and justifiably entertaining when she kicked the car and it bit her back and she cut her little tootsie, that was, frankly, Karma cheesy.gif .. But then she let her husband loose on a staged and orchestrated windshield bashing though sad.png .. pointless to say the least as who's going to pay for that now too? I guess we all will in increased tea monies rolleyes.gif ..