Skiing On Samui

a bridge to the mainland, now we're talking......

This idea has been floated for a long time.biggrin.gif

its a more feasible idea then an indoor Ski Centre and probably a better return on your money !

Where is the nearest Skiable snow in this region ? I expect they will target the Asian Market as well as Europe / Russia ..... quite a few people in S/E Asia with rising incomes .. :rolleyes:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

a bridge to the mainland, now we're talking......

This idea has been floated for a long time.biggrin.gif

its a more feasible idea then an indoor Ski Centre and probably a better return on your money !

Where is the nearest Skiable snow in this region ? I expect they will target the Asian Market as well as Europe / Russia ..... quite a few people in S/E Asia with rising incomes .. :rolleyes:

How are you going to get them here?

How about the bridge ? :lol:

Don't you pay attention?

It will be a cheap flight into Surat, and then the bridge.:lol: (So long as our airline doesn't have a hand in it or it will be a toll of THB 4500 one way.)

EDIT dam_n that Churchill guy beat me to it!!:lol:

Edited by itishothere

That is from 2008., it was a response to someone not liking Samui.But even then there was talk of helipad, monorail & bridge lmao.

Around post # 47 HERE.

You can also have a look HERE.

I'm getting the helipad ready.The monorail should be ready in another 2 years.The bridge linking Samui to Dongsak another 3 years,then they will be able to cart in all the equipment needed for black top,billiard smooth it will be ,I'm told.

With the new bridge, all the rubbish will be taken to the mainland.

Only native Samuians will be allowed on the island,they will live in special recreation of old villages for the entretainment of foreign visitors. :D

All reference to anything Thai, will be removed & re located to the said villages,this will give tourists the feel good effect ,that they could be anywhere in the world. :o

Glad you didn't visit 6 or 7 years ago, when the main road was narrower,Chaweng & Lamai dirt roads.

Riviera sounds good this time of year :D

That is from 2008., it was a response to someone not liking Samui.But even then there was talk of helipad, monorail & bridge lmao.

I'm getting the helipad ready.The monorail should be ready in another 2 years.The bridge linking Samui to Dongsak another 3 years,then they will be able to cart in all the equipment needed for black top,billiard smooth it will be ,I'm told.

Only native Samuians will be allowed on the island,they will live in special recreation of old villages for the entretainment of foreign visitors. :D

All reference to anything Thai, will be removed & re located to the said villages,this will give tourists the feel good effect ,that they could be anywhere in the world. :o

Glad you didn't visit 6 or 7 years ago, when the main road was narrower,Chaweng & Lamai dirt roads.

Come on Roo , you are too easily wound up :lol:

'Only native Samuians will be allowed on the island,they will live in special recreation of old villages for the entretainment of foreign visitors. :D

All reference to anything Thai, will be removed & re located to the said villages,this will give tourists the feel good effect ,that they could be anywhere in the world. :o '

:blink:

Come on Roo , you are too easily wound up :lol:

'Only native Samuians will be allowed on the island,they will live in special recreation of old villages for the entretainment of foreign visitors. :D

All reference to anything Thai, will be removed & re located to the said villages,this will give tourists the feel good effect ,that they could be anywhere in the world. :o '

:blink:

That was a reply to a funny remark made by someone. It seems a bit odd posted here as such out of context. If you would have read my reply it referred to discussion of bridge , monorail even back then.

Some funny old posts back in 2008.

Korea.

Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, in Yunnan, China

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Update in this weeks Samui Gazette ... No link yet

Link ( under the wrong heading ) http://news.samuiexpress.net/headline/918-mayor-to-recruit-train-tour-guides.html

and a brief update from Bill Barnett ...

'After a brash media and online frenzy over the recent announcement an indoor ski slope on the destination resort island of Koh Samui I decided to meet the man behind the development.

Speaking to Finn Hyttel about the Club Koh Samui project which is located in Chaweng on the hillside near to the Impiana resort I learned the total project site was planned for 282 rai. Bangkok based master planner and design firm The Beaumont Group was undertaking the project.

Phase 1 did not include the indoor ski slope but a portion of the property with 32 rai would contain 201 hospitality led residential resort apartments and 23 pool villas.

Later phases called integrated tourist attractions would include a high speed gondola, amusement and entertainment center and if indoor ski slope.

So for now, the project remains in bite size chunks and those wanting to ski will need to find the nearest international airport.'

http://www.thephuketinsider.com/real_estate/backstory-koh-samuis-indoor-ski-slope.php

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

'The Royal Danish Embassy in Bangkok recently informed the Central and Local Thai Government that they find the Club Koh Samui Project beneficial both from an economic as well as environmental aspects. Consequently, the Embassy has decided to endorse the project and it's goals.'

'Mikael Hemniti Winther, the Danish Ambassador of Thailand will the 26 Oct-11 host a meeting and lunch at the Royal Danish Embassy in Bangkok for major local and national Thai officials, Club Koh Samui Group and the company's advisors, architects and consultants.

Koh Samui needs to become sustainable and truly be a "Green" paradise island. To achieve this goal, an Danish and International Group of companies supported by the Danish Government will launch a range of Green investments through Green-Greener Asia. They will work to protect the island and its inhabitants, create sustainable projects and jobs, and redevelop the island's faltering argriculture base. The sustainable Koh Samui development plans include a unique waste management plant that turns garbage into need topsoil, multiple water management facilities, a massive solar power project, other alternative energies and diverse Green projects to revive the island's farms and agriculture.'

from http://clubkohsamui.com/component/jnews/mailing/view/listid-18/mailingid-4/listype-1/Itemid-107.html

also article in current Samui Express

• 11 months later...

I bring from Finland to Koh Samui over 80years old wooden skies and ski poles for decorate my ex restaurant wall about 10 years ago.

In Samui airport i took them out from plastic wrapping and wondering around koh samui airport with these items on my shoulder.

Maybe i am now in about 100 peoples home photo album. w00t.gif ( guess how many people was asking that am i sure in right place now?? )

Everyone want took a picture with me and my skies.

Funny memories.......rolleyes.gif

• Like 1