Thai Private Eye

fireman

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The truth lies somewhere between Udon's and SiamOne's position.

I think it's a fact that you are far more likely to be a victim of a scam, con, or, rip-off in Thailand than England.

This is because the Thai police are mainly corrupt, the English police generally are not. Also, when dealing with Thais, you rarely get to know their real names, as they are not commonly used day to day. Just their nicknames. In England, people use their real names.

Even if a Thai is charged, courts can be swayed here by influential people and/or money. Not so in England.

I don't think English people are necessarily more honest than Thais, it's just that they know that they can't get away with it in England, whereas in Thailand, Thais know they can.

Edited by Sir Burr

Siam one Quote
weird! humans are the same the world over, so why these statements. Maybe many farang do not consort with prostitutes back home and find their behaviour different? I don't know.

I do know that PIs exist in many other countries and do the same sort of "work" as in Thailand. So the same sort of behaviour and lack of trust exists there too.

Madam, the sooner you get it thru your thick head that your fellow Thais love to lie and steal, the better, and mostly because of FACE.

What a sheltered life you must lead..... you should get out more. :o

You are a very rude person. Just because I don't agree with your pathetic views, you think you can call me thick headed!

If personal attacks are the only way you can make your point, obviously it has no merit.

Yes, Thais do lie and steal, but strangely enough so do farangs. You seem to think it is our national sport. Well, maybe in the company you mix with, it may be normal, but for me it is not.

If you consider that farangs are rich and obvious in Thailand, then they make excellent targets to steal from, by dishonest people. Your problem is you tar everyone with the same brush...really racist and stupid

get a real life yourself, get out more to normal society

Udon was just trying to make the point that you were out of touch with Thai society. There is no question that from reading that post that he responded to that you are clueless about it. thank you, chaser