Has Anybody Heard Of This?

nocturn

ok, since becoming self-employed i have been looking into insurance for both myself and my daughter as my insurance is soon to lapse.

After looking through all the options like bupa, aia and the stuff offered through TV, I found RBI Premium http://rbipremium.com through a friend who sang its praises.

having not paid my own insurance for years, i am at a bit of a loss to understand what is what, but it seems to me that the coverage offered here is pretty dam_n good.

has any one here heard of these guys? i think it may be exactly what i need, but want some opinions.

Actually, the cover they are offering for expats is amazing, much better than the others i checked. In fact I've just applied as my current cover expires next month. The membership is only available until I'm 65 but that doesn't really concern me as I just want it for me and my kids whilst I'm living in Thailand. It beats anything else I've seen and let me tell you I have shopped around. I love it.

Looks a very poor policy - max 65 years then you are out ?

Take a look at the Thai Visa Brokers - they offer all the top plans, far more reliable

poor policy? there are those of us a few decades out from 65. is this your only fault?

as for your reliability remark, do go on. I love to know what that is based on.

Actually, the cover they are offering for expats is amazing, much better than the others i checked. In fact I've just applied as my current cover expires next month. The membership is only available until I'm 65 but that doesn't really concern me as I just want it for me and my kids whilst I'm living in Thailand. It beats anything else I've seen and let me tell you I have shopped around. I love it.

It's 2 1/2 times the cost of my local BUPA Thailand insurance premium although the cover is more extensive.

It's 2 1/2 times the cost of my local BUPA Thailand insurance premium although the cover is more extensive.

that was my first impression, but once i got the quotes for my child, her cover was almost the same as mine. With the RBI premium, for an extra 350 odd bucks to add the kid, it comes to nearly the same amount with superior coverage, evac etc...

anyways i bit the bullet.

that was my first impression, but once i got the quotes for my child, her cover was almost the same as mine. With the RBI premium, for an extra 350 odd bucks to add the kid, it comes to nearly the same amount with superior coverage, evac etc...

anyways i bit the bullet.

I have been comparing this plan with the Thai Visa plans ( Health Insurance ) and have to say Thai Visa seems to come off best ? Apart from not cutting you off at just 65 they offer the same amounts but with much lower premiums and backed by Allianz - sorry but this plan you are talking about just does not stack up ! Take a look yourself

Hi Joe,

I have been using the Thaivisa plans - and I will probably shift to Rbipremium membership myself.

How you can say that the Thaivisa plans are better is a mystery to me. Thaivisa plans(the high end ones even) have a lifetime max, several sub limits, dental not automatic included, no claim bonus, no chronic cover, large self pays needed to get price down, outpatient doubles the price Etc.

This Rbipremium even has 2x3 day holidays in Bali and Malawi in a 4 star hotel... That, and the USD 500 Baht cash back if no claim practically pays for this insurance by itself. They are a membership program and therefore these extras will hopefully keep coming beyond the health insurance. Outpatient/dental automatically included with no self pay and adding spouse/children is cheaper here than any other insurance I have seen.

They also have much less sub limits and small print - and believe me; I have read through quote a few (you can search this forum to see for yourself).

Oh, they also give a real Master or Visa (debit) card for settlements - but one can also load oneself,and use as ones own (foreign) card - if one is sick of having to deal with Thai banks trying to get a credit card there.

I would however look forward to the first actual claims report here - just hoping it will not be me! ;)

Cheers!

At the moment I`m insured through a top Thai insurer which is also one of the main companies behind TV\AA Insurance (though I'm insured directly rather than through AA brokers). My comparison gives the same results as others on this thread - more or less the same costs but much higher payout with this membership product. If their claims handling and claims payment are reliable (should be if their insurer is Lloyds of London A rated) then this must be a great product for anyone under 55, working or not, especially with family. I guess one of the reasons they can offer such good terms is because of the age limits of 55 and 65 - younger people are lower risk.

Hi Changraider.

Yes, that makes sense. It is like a company/group insurance/membership for expats - and does therefore not increase premium payments with age (besides normal inflation) - and the age limit of 65 ensures that premiums for all can be kept at a reasonable level. The Thaivisa/Thaihealth copper/silver/gold plan work the same way. Naturally; if one wishes to have cover for life - one would need to look for other plan - but for an expat and also; expat FAMILY - planning to be here/expat some years; this seems like a very well priced plan with great cover - and a more flexible approach (no sub limits, cover chronic issues arising after insured Etc.). Cheers!

At the moment I`m insured through a top Thai insurer which is also one of the main companies behind TV\AA Insurance (though I'm insured directly rather than through AA brokers). My comparison gives the same results as others on this thread - more or less the same costs but much higher payout with this membership product. If their claims handling and claims payment are reliable (should be if their insurer is Lloyds of London A rated) then this must be a great product for anyone under 55, working or not, especially with family. I guess one of the reasons they can offer such good terms is because of the age limits of 55 and 65 - younger people are lower risk.

• 2 weeks later...

BUPA Thailand and BUPA International are two different animals.

I've found that most local Thai insurance's cut off at an early age and coverage has its limitations.

I'm just now looking at 62 and being healthy, I need something that goes past 65-70.

I've found a broker that found exactly what this old man needs.

Just my opinion as the relate to me. :D