B-Quik

I took the wife's Honda Jazz round to B-Quik yesterday as

one of the rear tyres had a slow puncture. Nice young lad

there took my keys, drove the car into the bay, put the car

up on the ramp and bunged the hole where a nail/screw had

been. Took about 15 minutes for the whole process. And when

I asked how much the wee lad said, "No charge."

I gave him 100Baht as a tip. Full marks from me to B-Quik!

Agree, I've had nothing but good service and decent prices at B-Quick even when they're not necessarily familiar they're willing to listen and learn and work with the customer which earns top marks where I'm concerned..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Agree, I've had nothing but good service and decent prices at B-Quick even when they're not necessarily familiar they're willing to listen and learn and work with the customer which earns top marks where I'm concerned..

May have something to do with them being a German owned and managed outfit.

Actually it's Danish owned as I recall.. But your point is taken and understood, though there are plenty of farang owned businesses here that either still don't get it or just can't get it across to their Thai staff..So kudos to them for accomplishing that difficult task..

My local B-Quik has done the same for me on two separate occasions. Only complaint I have is that I did use another branch once to do an oil change and they stuck one of their B-Quik stickers on the car without asking.

Other side of the coin.

The B-Quik outside Tesco Rangsit fouked up the tracking on my Ranger when my step-son took it in coz it was pulling left under braking (actually it was low pressure in the left front).

I was out of the country at the time. When I got back the steering wheel was at about 30o when running straight.

They did fix it FOC but the boss had a heavy go at the lad who'd missed the low tyre pressure and then mis-adjusted the tracking. Took them best part of an hour to put it (sort of) right and it's still not like it was before they screwed around with it.

I was fuming! If it's not broken don't fix it. The step-son was really only trying to be helpful, but wifey is now under strict instructions, no work on my car unless specifically instructed by me.

No matter where you take a ride for fixing it all boils down to the grunt on the ground with the tool box, bit like the difference in a meal with a different chef :D, I think.

Indeed, but said grunt should be properly trained, this is basic stuff that should be sorted before letting said erk loose on a client's ride.

1. Vehicle pulling under braking, check tyre pressures before doing anything else.
  2. When adjusting the tracking make the same adjustment both sides to keep the steering wheel straight.

Actually it's Danish owned as I recall.. But your point is taken and understood, though there are plenty of farang owned businesses here that either still don't get it or just can't get it across to their Thai staff..So kudos to them for accomplishing that difficult task..

B Quick is a Dutch owned company.

http://aives.nl/article/708/nederlander-in-thailand-met-autoservicebedrijf-b-quick-naar-bijna-70-filialen

No matter where you take a ride for fixing it all boils down to the grunt on the ground with the tool box, bit like the difference in a meal with a different chef :D, I think.

Indeed, but said grunt should be properly trained, this is basic stuff that should be sorted before letting said erk loose on a client's ride.

1. Vehicle pulling under braking, check tyre pressures before doing anything else.
  2. When adjusting the tracking make the same adjustment both sides to keep the steering wheel straight.

They did my alignment and used a steering lock to keep it centered which is the only proper way to do it..

B Quick is a Dutch owned company.

http://aives.nl/article/708/nederlander-in-thailand-met-autoservicebedrijf-b-quick-naar-bijna-70-filialen

Yes, I sit corrected, I always get them mixed up, I knew it was a Scandinavian country though and not Yerman B) ..

Edited by WarpSpeed

They did my alignment and used a steering lock to keep it centered which is the only proper way to do it..

Was this at the Rangsit branch? They don't seem to have a steering lock (or don't know how to use it), they fixed mine by trial and error (lots of error), took them over an hour of tweeking and driving round the block and it still is not really right.

The boss was nice, most aplogetic and provided (awful) coffee whilst we waited, but that does not change the fact that an oik screwed up my vehicle's alignment when it likely did not require adjusting in the first place.

Was this at the Rangsit branch? They don't seem to have a steering lock (or don't know how to use it), they fixed mine by trial and error (lots of error), took them over an hour of tweeking and driving round the block and it still is not really right.

The boss was nice, most aplogetic and provided (awful) coffee whilst we waited, but that does not change the fact that an oik screwed up my vehicle's alignment when it likely did not require adjusting in the first place.

No I can't say it was that branch but I would think if one would have it they all would/should or like you said didn't know how to use it or in your case how to center the wheel with your alignment setup. I will say I have a SEAT/VW and I had to not only coach but physically assist with my particular car and were I not well versed in how to do it having done it hundreds of times myself when racing I may be in a similar predicament to yours..

I agree that endless apologies while polite and proper do nothing for compensating you your time or frustration and I've always said I don't care if the person doing my job is a complete fecker as long as he knows his job as to me it's not personal it's business, but most people would prefer to have a very polite twit doing their repairs just so long as they are nice and polite regardless of the quality of the work they provide..

I must be B Daft, ive never seen one up here in Hillbilly Land, or down in Shag City.Whats their Logo look like.?.

There is one in the parking lot of Big C south Pattaya.

Thanks for that, and the Advert www. Never seen one but they are all near Bkk. Nothing up here.They do look Businesslike :jap:.