Married Mans Allowance?

I don't know if this is the right forum,but here goes.

I live in Los on a retirement visa, supported by a company pension and later OAP. I have recently. legally married in Thailand. ( thai girl) I never thought about claiming for married mans allowance. I do pay tax in the uk on my pension.

Am I entitled to it, living here? If so.

How do I go about it ?

What will the inland revenue require?

Can it be done from here. Brit Embassy perhaps.

Also, she is with my child, due early next year.

Will, as a tax payer and paid up N.I stamps, be entitled to child allowance?

I'd be grateful of any constructive advise. thanks.

I don't know if this is the right forum,but here goes.

I live in Los on a retirement visa, supported by a company pension and later OAP.  I have recently. legally married in Thailand. ( thai girl) I never thought about claiming for married mans allowance. I do pay tax in the uk on my pension.

Am I entitled to it, living here? If so.

How do I go about it ?

What will the inland revenue require?

Can it be done from here. Brit Embassy perhaps.

Also, she is with my child, due early next year.

Will, as a tax payer and paid up N.I stamps, be entitled to child allowance?

I'd be grateful of any constructive advise. thanks.

I had a letter from the NI people last year stating that I have not paid enough contributions for the last year that I lived in England. I wrote back saying that i was now living in Thailand and had no intention of living back in the UK again but (half joking) I asked if I could have my pernsion paid out here. They sent back a positive reply and a form to work out my pension forecast.

I got a reply back with what i am entitled to plus what my Thai wife is allowed - she has never worked in England and only visits with me annually.

So in my opinion - yes. Write to your Inland Revenue department and also check with the overseas dept of the DSS (or whatever they call themselves nowadays) If you don't ask you don't get! Possibly, you will be able to get child benefit, married tax allowance and a pension for your wife.

Will have to be someone from UK around to answer you but I can say from USA it can be done so expect you just declare it on whatever forms you use for tax. For US a special paper has to be made and signed that you understand you are both to be taxed on worldwide income but that is about all that is not normal.

Will have to be someone from UK around to answer you but I can say from USA it can be done so expect you just declare it on whatever forms you use for tax.  For US a special paper has to be made and signed that you understand you are both to be taxed on worldwide income but that is about all that is not normal.

Thanks for that, Lop. I'll get on to them posthaste.