Best Swimming Pool In Hua Hin?

roly

Hi,

I'd love to start swimming again - used to do 1 km everyday in UK (4 years ago!!!) which got me quite fit and into shape.

Now the beer has piled on a few pounds I'm wondering where to swim around town, should be at least a 20 metre pool and not packed with people messing about (ideally) so that I can swim 100 lengths flat out.

Several years ago on holiday here, I went to a fairly nice pool on the main road somewhere near Market Village but I can't remember now - was this sport villa or am I thinking of somewhere else?

Any other decent pools around?

Aside from that, a nice pool for relaxing would be great, where I can just buy a coke or beer and relax (without having to do lengths) - could be a smaller pool - but I don't want to spend too much cash..any ideas? actually I popped into the golf villa last year and asked them if I could use their pool if I paid a fee every month. They said no unfortunately, but I had lunch there yesterday and their answer seemed to be that if I eat or drink there then yes I can use the pool - so that might be an option. Strangely, the lady behind the counter did say that this month they are busy and frowned a bit, but the place was empty. I'll never understand Thai people LOL.

R

Try the pool within 'Dusit-Land' housing-estate, 40B for all day, sun loungers/shaded area, some days you can be the only one there..do see many 'serious' swimmers using this pool.

(If you not know where this is...go up Soi 88 till you see the 'Family Mart' on your left. Turn in (left) there and follow road round till you see a boxing ring..go straight ahead here, past the gate-man, then take a left...pool is 30m on your right.)

the grand has a large pool it is a good distance from side to side 15m to 20m as well as length 50m

What is the rate for daily use of the Grand Hotel pool?

I see the Hilton has a 15,000 Baht special on for yearly use.

That is with the Fitness membership.

Sports Villa pool is 25 metres end to end. The monthly fee is 600 baht. I swim 1.5 kms most weekdays around 0745 and it is generally quiet. Just Fred the resident German who swims 1 km twice before lunch at 78 years old and is still quite quick. T here is also a 'fitness' room with new machines (2010) at , I think 900 baht a month) - there are daily rates - the pool is 50 baht but I don't know the 'fitness' rate as I run on the beach.