Annual Travel Insurance

henrydog

were travelling to Thailand from the U.K. in December and planning spend a couple of years travelling. Nearly all the back packer insurance deals have an under 35 clause, no problem for my girlfriend but ive past that mile stone. Im not bothered about personal items, just the medical and accident side really. If anybody found a reasonable deal before leaving the U.K. we would love to hear from you. Thanks.

Speak to your bank.

I upgraded my account for £10 a month and in return get annual family travel insurance worldwide, plus free ATM withdrawls whilst away. Not too sure on how long each trip can be though.

For my long travels I have used direct travel insurance but just take a look on the internet. Be careful of the hazardous activities though, Im a scuba-diver and some places dont cover it.

Edited by falangaman

Speak to your bank.

I upgraded my account for £10 a month and in return get annual family travel insurance worldwide, plus free ATM withdrawls whilst away. Not too sure on how long each trip can be though.

For my long travels I have used direct travel insurance but just take a look on the internet. Be careful of the hazardous activities though, Im a scuba-diver and some places dont cover it.

I would advise anyone carefully to read the details of any free travel cover offered by banks and the like. In fact, compare the paperwork that they give to you with, for example, that supplied by the providers mentioned earlier in the thread. I buy from Insure and Go who provide every single detail up front, just as the FSA requires. My bank also offers 'free' cover as part of a customer package for which I pay a monthly fee. I suppose that means it's not entirely free but, more to the point, the cover is poor compared to the cover that I actually buy and the detail of the information offered to me is brief. Furthermore, where's the expertise should you need it? To whom can you direct a technical question? Are you sure that, having relied on cover that the bank has obtained at a cut rate to itself, you will get the help you need when a problem arises? Banks sell insurance as if it were cans of beans and, in my experience, are not making the same detailed disclosures as regulated professionals.