That Professional Western Female...

teej

Hi People, I'm new to the forum here, just found it while surfing the web in a fit of boredom tonight...

Quick question: Does anybody remember an article by the Asian Wall Street Journal awhile ago that featured a story on a female professional expat working in Bangkok finding it hard to get into the dating scene here? It was about a specific, and very interesting woman (i think she worked for L'Oreal) regarding how she found it a bit different (the dating scene) between her home country in the west and her surrogate country here in Thailand...

Anyway, I was intrigued by this woman and the article, and while I was reading it, all i could think to myself was, "Why doesn't the article have her freakin email address??" She sounded like a grounded professional just falling on hard times here cuz of the cultural divide... I wanted to take her out on a date! (Sadly, there was no picture... but who knows, maybe she was a stunner... she sure sounded like one!)

BTW, I'm a Thai-American guy, late 20's, just moved to Bangkok not so long ago from the West, as such I have a different view on dating than most of the Thai ladies therefore never date them... but I don't quite know where to meet the expatriates in normal settings in this town... nothing particular in mind, just need some friends that I can relate to, that's all... did i say I'm a total Hottie? haha.

Anyway, I'm rambling... Original question was did anyone read this article that I'm referring to? And better yet, does anyone have that woman's phone number!!!! :o

Cheers,

Teej

I remember that article but it didn't have any contact details for her but if your serious why not contact the BKK post & ask them to forward your details to her. And if memory serves me she wasn't bad looking either. :o

Geez I was just making a passing comment about an article I came across in the Asian WSJ.

No, I don't expect to get this woman's phone number, nor was i seriously asking for it.

No, I am not a psycho, nor am I desperate. In addition, I am not a gigolo.

A simple comment (did I insult all of you people??) in a forum that I just felt like making a post in. I don't think it's within anyone's rights to pass judgement on me based on a post I made in the forum. If I offended anyone, then I aplologize.

Thanks for the warm welcome.