Snatching Attempt?

ad61

I wish to report and warn of a totaly unpleasant experience wich happened to me the other day. I was riding my bicycle back home from a late afternoon exercise out on my favorite singletrack beside the Chao Fah City road, between the Honda showroom and the Prince of Songkla University; it was around 18:00 hrs and many cars/motorbikes where using that road. I was suddenly taken over by three automatic scooters riden by Thai teenagers two on each; I didn't give them much attention beside the fact that they were driving very fast, screaming/shouting loudly (at me?) when overtacking me. They were driving so fast that they quickly disappear ahead of me. Few minutes later, I noticed one of them, at a stand by the side of the road, the pillion rider was speaking on his hand phone, I passed without even looking at them; after a few minutes, the roaring sound of a speedy motorcycle came to me from behind and slam! I was strongly hit on the back with somethings like a belt or a bag; it went so fast that i had no chance to look at their license plate number or whatever. Little buggers! what would have happen if they would have hit me with a piece of steel or wood or if I would have felt down? I would never thought that could happen to me and that riding a bicycle in Phuket could be so dangerous.