Iphone 4 Repairs?

pauljones

I gave up on Apple products because of the lack of service/repair options. Go to any of the authorized Apple shops and you'll only hear "We have to send to Bangkok". Then they charge you for sending it, whether they can fix it or not. Seems like no-one in Pattaya is prepared to take the back off any Apple product. In my case my Ipod went dead. I had a load of songs that I didn't want to lose so paid the transportation charge. 4 weeks went by and when they finally got back to me the cost of repair they quoted was about 1,000 Baht cheaper than buying a brand new and superior version of the one i wanted fixed.

I'd recommend speaking to Alex at Com 2 U, on Soi Yume beside Big C Extra (the old Carrefour). He knows his stuff and fixed a problem I was having.

You could also try Amorn in the basement of Tuk Com.

There's lots of traders in Tutkhom 2nd floor in South Pattaya Road that can fix it. I wiped my iPhone 3G's memory completely, by accident in UK and I found a shop in there that restored it for 400 Baht. Just look around and you'll get a reasonable quote. Don't go there before 12 noon though because although Tutkhom open at 10am, half the shops don't get going until 11.30am.

• 2 weeks later...