Isaan, Farmers Idea Exchange

I am keen to start a worm farm to decompose waste. Anyone can give me advice?

Hi Latis,

I assume that you will be travelling through in the morning, no problem drop in whenever. I also assume that you are heading in the wrong direction to be pickup up worms for the farm. I can fix you up with a worm tower suitable for a house or apartment in Bangkok though if you want. Simple chest of drawers which I put together for the Thai TV show on PBS in July, not a lot of use to me too small for the farm, but well established.

If you want worms for the farm, then worm farmer is coming and can fix you up with larger quantities of worms. Check his profile, not that far from Ubon. Definitely worth a trip for anyone wanting large quantities of castings as well.

This is great guys, just the sort of interfacing I hoped we could achieve. Here I am listening to "Hab, chai Hab, mee mee mee!" WOW what a pleasant change!

Isaan Aussie.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI All

i've been following this thread since it started and it sounds like a great idea and was hoping to attend but as we fly back into Bangers on the 18th i'm sad to say i will miss this one but hope to try for another time as i hope these get togethers will continue.

Hope you all have a good time and may the Leo be free flowing

HI All

i've been following this thread since it started and it sounds like a great idea and was hoping to attend but as we fly back into Bangers on the 18th i'm sad to say i will miss this one but hope to try for another time as i hope these get togethers will continue.

Hope you all have a good time and may the Leo be free flowing

Fezzy,

Thanks for the support, it inspires me. Sorry we set the date a little early for you but as you say, there is always next time. In fact I have been in contact with two future hosts, AA1 and FEF and the future looks good. Living here presents challenges to us all, even just the name of this website reminds us of an issue we all constantly face. I am devoted to two things here, my wife and the personal wish that some how I can make a difference. But I am only one man, together I hope we can all lighten each others load. To those that doubt my motivation or resolve, save your words of critisism and tell me how I can improve. I have been insulted by some real experts in my life, trolls offer me no threat. Get a life. To everyone else, the passport is stamped, get out and live.

IA

IssanAussie,

Me and my family should still be there on the 17th :)

As i see you are a good 250km driving, maybe more, so, probably early afternoon time...

will need driving instructions later on, will go from Khon Kaen way.

TT,

You can sleep on the floor next to me, but you said family. I hadn't thought about anyone bringing kids with them, sorry but I'm human. You buggers are easy fixed, and my wife Moon will take care of our wives, but the kids? Come on guys, help me, what do we need to do for the kids? These days are primarily for us but this casts a new light on right here, right now, family. Remember that from whereever whatever we knew before? The day has to be good for everyone.

IssanAussie:

If kid is a problem ( 1 boy only; 9 yrs old), i might be able to leave him with family, unfortunate they live the other way, an hour drive, but not impossible.

Since the dogs will stay home, it might still be a one day visit from me...

Else i wouldnt worry too much about the kid, he can find something for him to play, else just sit somewhere and watch a cartoon on the netbook, perfectly content with that...for my bit regret.

let me know how everyone else goes. Can adjust to it, np.

There is a lot of background noise in some other topics which seem to be pointed at our meet up. The purpose is to discuss farm mangement and operations, exchange good practical ideas and meet others face to face. A group of farangs with valid visas meeting in rural Thailand is no more questionable than getting together in any bar in Bangkok.

On the other hand I do have a few weeds in the rice paddies that need pulling! It may make a change to having your leg pulled?

I hope everyone treats these issues in context and irrelevant to the day we are planning.

All I can say to any trolls is, "Back under the bridge."

hey aussie, who is hassling u? sorry but i have limited time to audit,; new job doing something like someone else here metnioned : corporate event planning , for our hotel on the kibbutz. im new at it, and so are all the hotel crew so i have little time for real life... but if there are problems pm me and ill moderate them....

i really thinku should become a mod for the farming forum i have no time whatsover, and frankly, hubby has basically decided that we are staying in israel due to 'gfs' greedy family syndrom , in soeng sang so we may leave kibbutz but not israel for the near far future so my involvement is a bit less intense. are u interested?

bina

There is a lot of background noise in some other topics which seem to be pointed at our meet up. The purpose is to discuss farm mangement and operations, exchange good practical ideas and meet others face to face. A group of farangs with valid visas meeting in rural Thailand is no more questionable than getting together in any bar in Bangkok.

On the other hand I do have a few weeds in the rice paddies that need pulling! It may make a change to having your leg pulled?

I hope everyone treats these issues in context and irrelevant to the day we are planning.

All I can say to any trolls is, "Back under the bridge."

hey aussie, who is hassling u? sorry but i have limited time to audit,; new job doing something like someone else here metnioned : corporate event planning , for our hotel on the kibbutz. im new at it, and so are all the hotel crew so i have little time for real life... but if there are problems pm me and ill moderate them....

i really thinku should become a mod for the farming forum i have no time whatsover, and frankly, hubby has basically decided that we are staying in israel due to 'gfs' greedy family syndrom , in soeng sang so we may leave kibbutz but not israel for the near far future so my involvement is a bit less intense. are u interested?

bina

Poacher turns Gamekeeper not sure about that. Concentrate on the Rugby. Aussies -- no chance

Poacher turns Gamekeeper not sure about that. Concentrate on the Rugby. Aussies -- no chance

GB,

Dont follow the rugby, Ozzie Rules and not for a long while. Concede the rest? Pity you wont be here for the gathering. You would definitely be put in charge of pie making. Still perhaps when you get out.......

Isaan Aussie

To everyone else, sorry been busy this week will get the ball rolling again soon. If I can ask you to confirm who is coming as soon as possible so we can organise catering. Thanks.

GB,

Dont follow the rugby, Ozzie Rules and not for a long while. Concede the rest? Pity you wont be here for the gathering. You would definitely be put in charge of pie making. Still perhaps when you get out.......

Isaan Aussie

To everyone else, sorry been busy this week will get the ball rolling again soon. If I can ask you to confirm who is coming as soon as possible so we can organise catering. Thanks.

I'll be first on the list for a gathering in FEB will make real hand raised P/Pies and sausage if you mince the pork Bob

IA, We (two of us, me and TW) will be there provided the roads are open, weather forecast is not great. We have booked a room in a resort just South of Sisaket so we'll check in there enroute and aim to get to you early Saturday afternoon. Please PM me your phone number so that I can call you if we can't make it, or get lost. - WF

Well done Isaan Aussie for organizing the gathering! I'll have to be the early bird and swing by on Saturday morning after 10am. Alas, cannot stay too long as work requires me to fly back to Bangkok on Saturday afternoon. Booked on the TG45 at 2:20pm. I'll bring along a couple of bottles of Johnnie Walker Black. Sorry I'll miss the late afternoon and evening. Is 10am too early on Saturday?

Edited by Latis

Well done Isaan Aussie for organizing the gathering! I'll have to be the early bird and swing by on Saturday morning after 10am. Alas, cannot stay too long as work requires me to fly back to Bangkok on Saturday afternoon. Booked on the TG45 at 2:20pm. I'll bring along a couple of bottles of Johnnie Walker Black. Sorry I'll miss the late afternoon and evening. Is 10am too early on Saturday?

We will be around. The day usually starts around 5 to 6, Saturday wont be any different. Whenever you can get here will be fine.

Still didnt get a definative answer about having the kid with us being problem or not? :)

I know, that most farmers and farangs in general in Thailand are not into starting full thai family up, but i am still far from being the retirement age, and rather be on the younger side.

Still should make Saturday early afternoon, i believe!

Still didnt get a definative answer about having the kid with us being problem or not? :)

I know, that most farmers and farangs in general in Thailand are not into starting full thai family up, but i am still far from being the retirement age, and rather be on the younger side.

Still should make Saturday early afternoon, i believe!

My apologies Tingtong please forgive me, please bring the kids they will find something to do. No jumping castles but a big TV and lots of big pigs to look at.

Isaan Aussie.

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder to those yet to confirm coming on Saturday, please drop me a line by PM or post here. Trying to establish a head count for catering purposes. Obviously the flooding situation cannot be known until the day.

For those who are tossing up whether to come or not have a look at the second article on the recent TBS show, that's us.

http://www.thaipbs.or.th/s1000_obj/front_page/page/1058.html?content_id=308184&content_detail_id=848565&content_category_id=1062

Hope to see as many as possible. Will post location tomorrow.

Regards

Isaan Aussie

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder to those yet to confirm coming on Saturday, please drop me a line by PM or post here. Trying to establish a head count for catering purposes. Obviously the flooding situation cannot be known until the day.

For those who are tossing up whether to come or not have a look at the second article on the recent TBS show, that's us.

http://www.thaipbs.or.th/s1000_obj/front_page/page/1058.html?content_id=308184&content_detail_id=848565&content_category_id=1062

Regards

Isaan Aussie

IA - did you manage to book rooms for me? :unsure:

Hi everyone,

Regards

Isaan Aussie

Hope ones for me, or should I bring my hammock. Jim

Hi everyone,

http://www.thaipbs.o...ategory_id=1062

Regards

Isaan Aussie

Rooms under control. Will confirm with the people tomorrow. Plenty of space under the verandah to sling your hammock if you like as well.

Hi everyone,

Regards

Isaan Aussie

Yes Jim, I've booked room through IA for you as well! :D

Since the date is getting near, any chance to get some map/driving direction to your place, maybe a PM with your phone number as well, if we wouldnt find the place easily?

it is raining every day here, but no floods, hope along the way is the same...quite a long drive to your place, but it is weekend, and i havent been to that part of Thailand yet, so, looking forward :)

Since the date is getting near, any chance to get some map/driving direction to your place, maybe a PM with your phone number as well, if we wouldnt find the place easily?

it is raining every day here, but no floods, hope along the way is the same...quite a long drive to your place, but it is weekend, and i havent been to that part of Thailand yet, so, looking forward :)

Please find driving details on attched pdf to get to my place on Saturday. Contact telephone number is included.

Any special requests please let me know. Time to go polish the pigs up.

Driving directions to Isaan Aussie.pdf

Safe trip, see you Saturday.

Don't forget the camera's. Us absent friends want to see plenty of pic's posted next week