90 Day Report

I guess I may never understand Thailand Immigration

May 3rd I applied for a 1 year Non B visa

I received the Visa approveal after 5 visits to Chaing Mai immigration with documatntation in the middle of June.

Yesterday, being unsure when I was to go do my 90 day report, I went to

Immigration to ask? I was either about on time, or early since I only had

gotten the true visa 65 days prior.

First guy was unsure.

The second guy said I had to leave the country "today, big trouble" I said I would not leave, Thailand is my home, I have a valid visa and work

permit, as well as a legal Thai wife and daughter with documintation.

So they fined me for being 20 days past my 90 day report that I did early after 65 days ?

Can anyone explain this to me ?

I guess you apllied for an extension of stay, not a visa. The first time you apply for an extension of stay is considered your first 90 day report, you report every 90 days afterward regardless of when you apply for an extension of stay. Every new extension of stay is not a 90 day report. If you leave and re-enter Thailand, the 90 day clock would start again from day 1 the day you re-enter.

90 day reporting and issue of visas/extensions of stay are two different activities/events. Just because you are issued an extension of stay, does not mean that counts as an automatic 90 day reporting event, except on your first extension of stay. The 90 day reporting receipt will tell you when the next 90 day reporting is due....you need/suppose to have the last receipt to turn in with your 90 day report form when accomplishing a 90 day address report. I seriously, seriously doubt you were charged for reporting early...the Thai law/immigration rules only apply to late reporting. I expect you were really late in reporting in thinking the issue of your extension of stay counted as an address reporting.

Makes no sense. Even if your Visa was stamped May 3rd. you are still within the window. I assume you have a 1 year extension attached to that Non B?

I was issued my non B in 2007 and have had it extended ever since then. The rule is you can do your 90 day report 1 week before, or I week after your scheduled report date..

Must be careful if you go over the week grace period as the fine is 2000 baht. Sure more replies will come along soon.

The rule is you can do your 90 day report 1 week before, or I week after your scheduled report date..

If you pre-arrange it you can go beyond the 7 day grace period, I have reported 4 weeks early and 3 weeks late in the past due to work commitments and have also been fined THB 2000 on occassion as well because I forgot to pre-arrange it.....all depends on the office your dealing with....:lol:

The rule is you can do your 90 day report 1 week before, or I week after your scheduled report date..

If you pre-arrange it you can go beyond the 7 day grace period, I have reported 4 weeks early and 3 weeks late in the past due to work commitments and have also been fined THB 2000 on occassion as well because I forgot to pre-arrange it.....all depends on the office your dealing with....:lol:

Yes in Khon Kaen I did my report 2 weeks early because I explained I was going to be out of town for the next couple of months."No problem" said the officer. Although in Nong Khai with the same situation it was " You have to report on the date" F#ck it I'll pay the fine for late reporting. It'd be less hassle and less cost in fuel than reporting on the due date.

Some of this is OK but most bonkers. Look, anybody who thinks theyh need to make a 90 early because they are leaveing Thailand can't read. Tis are report of staying longer thaqtn 90 days. Go out and the clock doesn't start again untill you return.

Some of this is OK but most bonkers. Look, anybody who thinks theyh need to make a 90 early because they are leaveing Thailand can't read. Tis are report of staying longer thaqtn 90 days. Go out and the clock doesn't start again untill you return.

I think that the previous comment was that he would be out of town, not necessarily out of the country.

Who said anyone was leaving Thailand ?....I have made early/late reports as the nearest immigration office to me once I am at work is over 200km away and takes a boat or helicopter to get there...the very best turn around on the trip I could do would be 2-3 days....:whistling:

Edited by Soutpeel

Hope that wasn't aimed at me. :)

I think you'll find that the 90 day report is a totally seperate matter, and not related to when you were issued a visa. I thought it was untill last year when I had to renew my non O immigration visa. Simple arithmatics 90 into 365 leaves 5 days over.

I left the country in may for 10 days and renewed my passport while in the UK. When I arrived back immigration put the visa ( continuation from my old passport) into the new passport etc. I was told to make a 90 day report from the day of my re-entry into the country. But I have to renew my non O visa before the 3rd Sept. You get a 1 month graice period when renewing your one year visa, but it still runs from when the old visa expired.

My guess is that you were late doing your report from when you last made it, prior to the May 3rd application! Also sounds like someone there was confused or on the make?

Edited by garrfeild

Yes in Khon Kaen I did my report 2 weeks early because I explained I was going to be out of town for the next couple of months."No problem" said the officer. Although in Nong Khai with the same situation it was " You have to report on the date" F#ck it I'll pay the fine for late reporting. It'd be less hassle and less cost in fuel than reporting on the due date.

You know you can make your 90 day report either by post (ask your immigration office) or as I did once, in the province where we were visiting, as long as you have the bit they pin to your passport, you can't get into trouble, Just pop into your immigration office on return. you'll see it's not a problem.

Is this your first extension of stay? If yes start of 90 day period would be May 3 if that was when TM.7 submitted. If not first extension of stay start would be last TM.47 report or entry into the country.

Time starts from application; not from extension issue date and only applies to first application.

You know you can make your 90 day report either by post (ask your immigration office) or as I did once, in the province where we were visiting, as long as you have the bit they pin to your passport, you can't get into trouble, Just pop into your immigration office on return. you'll see it's not a problem.

KK told me that they wouldn't accept postal notifications. Although they told a friend of mine they would. :huh:

Interesting that you can report at any immi branch. Again KK told me that I had to return to them.

KK told me that they wouldn't accept postal notifications. Although they told a friend of mine they would. :huh:

Interesting that you can report at any immi branch. Again KK told me that I had to return to them.

Amnat Charoen office managed to screw up my postal application - after a month they sent me back a form without putting the "next report" date on it.

Then I screwed up my calculations and just figured out today that I should have reported two weeks ago. ohmy.gif

We phoned immigration at Amnat Charoen and they told us to come and "talk about" it tomorrow - and the man mentioned the possibility of a 5000 baht fine! Great.

Edited by tommet

Suspect it will be 2,000 unless you give them attitude. But it can be 5k.

Sorry for off topic lop but I've got a mental image of the Fonz going into immigration.

IMMI: That's 2000 baht for non reporting of residence Khun Fonzarelli.

THE FONZ ( with the obligatory two thumbs up ): HEEEEEEY

IMMI: OK 5000 baht.

Suspect it will be 2,000 unless you give them attitude. But it can be 5k.

No attitude. Will attend contritely with wife and baby girl. jap.gif

You could try buying a bottle of black label to give to the chief, as I'm sure he's the one who will want to talk with you!! That worked for a mate of mine when he was a couple weeks late.

Unfortunately none of the immigration offices seem to be on the same page, also depends on the attitude of the immigration officer on the day. If I remember rightly when I made that 90 day report in the province I was visiting, was because It had slipped my mind, too late to make the postal report. When I returned I reported to my local immigration office they looked at the slip of paper and while the Lady officer smiled broadly, she said nothing about that being wrong. so it was pre-empted or fate a comply, Basically if you present them with the reality they can't say you were wrong, ie they know the rules even if they say one thing to you and another to your friend.

It is important to know that the whole point of the 90 day report is so they know where you are, and that you are advised when staying in a different province for more tha 24 hours, to report to that privinces immigration office. That may have been the problem with the OP if moving from one province to another. even though you were within the 90 day period once out of that province you are supposed to report in the new province or they will try and fine you for the number of days you were in the province. I should say that ultimately it is down to the immigration office and how far they want to adhere to the rules or even help you bend them for a few baht!

I CAN SAY THIS AS FACTUAL. AS MY WIFE WAS ASKED TO READ THAT SECTION IN THE IMMIGRATION REGULATION BOOK. Which they don't tell you about, and I certainly didn't think to ask.