Land Transfer Charges

Can any reader refer me to a clear website (or anything on Thai visa), that gives the current calculations for the fee payable at the land office for transfering land? On a 2 rai plot that hasn'tbeen sold or transfered for over 7 years, on a declared price of 900,000, is 60000 about right?

I think the answer depends if the seller is an individual or company and the assessed value of the land.

All together taking some info from the web and revenue department: income withholding tax for an individual, say 20,000 baht, transfer fee 2% assessed government value 18,000 baht, 0,005% stamp duty 4,500 baht. All together maybe around 40,000 baht?

60,000 is maybe a bit high or the assessed value is higher than the sale value?

I'll ask a question of which I may get shot down for!!!!!

How does the land office know when the land was last transferred? I know that in the UK we have HM Land Reg.

Also, sorry not trying to hijack the thread, if you sell a house for say 5 million where the land is worth say 1.5 million, how are the taxes worked out if the house has been built and owned by the same Thai person for 5 years?

Regards

I think the answer depends if the seller is an individual or company and the assessed value of the land.

All together taking some info from the web and revenue department: income withholding tax for an individual, say 20,000 baht, transfer fee 2% assessed government value 18,000 baht, 0,005% stamp duty 4,500 baht. All together maybe around 40,000 baht?

60,000 is maybe a bit high or the assessed value is higher than the sale value?

Slightly OT, but what fees are involved if someone is leasing the land, and that lease is registered at the land office?

I will soon lease some Chanote land for a period of 15 years, in order to build/manage a small resort. I did this previously some years ago, but cannot recall exactly what amount of fees I (my ex) paid. Indeed, these fees/rules may have changed over the years.

So, any pointers to information about fees involved when leasing land, (and any risks etc to watch out for!) - thanks

Simon