True Internet Contract Time ?

woodyuk

Hi

I signed up for a 4mb internet connection to True, however its so sloooow. I have a wifi company offering a connection and get 2mb speeds. Anyone know if you can cancel a True internet contract ? is it 12 months or per month ? ALso they took a deposit for modem etc - can I get that back ?

Thanks

Hi

Anyone know if you can cancel a True internet contract ?

yes u can cancel , but you have to paid 2000 bht for so-called fine

(and for people who use Package 2 "SME Pack" have to paid for wifi ADSL router compensation fee 4000 bht)

Yes, I've been talking to True (only yesterday, after MANY attempts to get through over a couple of days) and was told there was a 2,000 baht fee if you cancelled within 12 months.

Interesting remarks from the OP, though, about a 4 Meg connection being slow. I was going to have 1 meg, but I must admit, I've been thinking twice about True. This remark has not helped ...

Are True worth the bother, and is there another ISP in BKK which people think are better?

Edited by Mister Fixit

Are True worth the bother, and is there another ISP in BKK which people think are better?

Worth the bother? After 6 months of possibly the crappiest internet service since my trusty old 28.8 baud BBS modem in 1995 - I'm cancelling True next week - ADSL and telephone service both. I'll pay the 'fine' if they insist. I've reached my boiling point with their so-called 'service'.

Do a quick search of this board and you'll find an endless supply of reasons NOT to sign up with True. Unless you absolutely have no other options, DON'T DO IT!!

Hi

Anyone know if you can cancel a True internet contract ?

yes u can cancel , but you have to paid 2000 bht for so-called fine

(and for people who use Package 2 "SME Pack" have to paid for wifi ADSL router compensation fee 4000 bht)

If you really wish to cancel, you can do so without paying any kind of 'fine', regardless of the contract you signed with them. If they ask you questions, you can easily tell them that, since they did not honour their commitments to you (to provide you with decent broadband Internet service), you have no reason to honour yours. I know several people who cancelled their True subscription and refused to pay any fine when being asked. Case closed.

Edited by TVLover