Tourst Visa To Viet Nam

Either in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City, to the Thai Embassy, fill out an application, pay the $35 in US currency, make sure you have your plane tickets with you to show them, and pick up your visa the next day on or after 3PM. very easy, no lines, no fuss and easy to get to. Hope that helps.

Just a note, make sure the days you are going do not fall on Thai and or Vietnamese holidays, that could screw things up. Saigon Green beer is awesome.

here's another thought, you didn't mention if you've every been to Vietnam before. when going to Vietnam,you either have to have a visa which is obtained from the Vietnam embassy, there is one in bangkok, or use the services online, you get a letter that you print out and you take that to the airport in thailand in order to get on the plane. when you get to vietnam you go to get the visa, you pay $25 in US cash and they put the visa in your passport. The letter you get online costs just under $22, I always use paypal when paying for this service. If you don't have the letter, you probably won't get on the plane. you have to submit a picture when you pay the $25 for the visa as well. The letter take 2-3 business days to get, you can pay much more and get it rushed to you quicker. I think I use vietnam-visa.com. works everytime. Paying for the letter and then $25 in the vietnam airport is less expensive than going to the embassy and getting a visa there, but quicker once you get there. I don't mind waiting and saving 1000 baht.

Just Google Vietnam Visa or go to the Vietnamese Embassy website and you'll find a link there.

Enter your details, dates, port of entry etc and next day you'll receive notification of your visa requirement and cost. Wire them the money and the next day you'll get the invitation letter. Take a copy of that, i recommend two as sometimes the airline wants a copy (no you won't be allowed to check in without it), with a passport sized photo and turn up at the visa on arrival window at Ha Noi or Sai Gon, fill out the form, pay some more money and you're in. Even if you forget the photo, as I once did, they'll take it for you for an extra $5, no worries. :D

You have to nominate your port of entry but as long as you arrive at an airport when you opted for one you are okay as the letter is faxed to all international airports. The only problem would come if you nominated an airport and tried to enter via a land crossing, or vice versa.

You'll also find that they've done away with the arrival forms so you don't even have to bother with that crap.

And yes. Saigon beer is great stuff but the Bia Hoi is the stuff if you are on a tight budget. 6,000 VND a liter (less than 30 cents US) and it ain't bad grog but the places you get it are not exactly westernised. :burp:

here's another thought, you didn't mention if you've every been to Vietnam before. when going to Vietnam,you either have to have a visa which is obtained from the Vietnam embassy, there is one in bangkok, or use the services online, you get a letter that you print out and you take that to the airport in thailand in order to get on the plane. when you get to vietnam you go to get the visa, you pay $25 in US cash and they put the visa in your passport. The letter you get online costs just under $22, I always use paypal when paying for this service. If you don't have the letter, you probably won't get on the plane. you have to submit a picture when you pay the $25 for the visa as well. The letter take 2-3 business days to get, you can pay much more and get it rushed to you quicker. I think I use vietnam-visa.com. works everytime. Paying for the letter and then $25 in the vietnam airport is less expensive than going to the embassy and getting a visa there, but quicker once you get there. I don't mind waiting and saving 1000 baht.

Yes it works properly with e-visa, I did few times and is much cheaper as if you travel to BKK fm CNX or stay one night in BKK. Beside it in HCMC the Saigon green or red Beer, myself I like the Bia`Hà Nôi 4.2% :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Either in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City, to the Thai Embassy, fill out an application, pay the $35 in US currency, make sure you have your plane tickets with you to show them, and pick up your visa the next day on or after 3PM. very easy, no lines, no fuss and easy to get to. Hope that helps.

Just a note, make sure the days you are going do not fall on Thai and or Vietnamese holidays, that could screw things up. Saigon Green beer is awesome.

Step 1 - Fill in the Visa Form

Fill in the Vietnam Visa Application Form - only takes a couple of minutes.

Step 2 - Confirm and Pay

Confirm the information for processing your visa and pay the service fee.

Step 3 - Get your Approval Letter

After 1 to 2 working days, we will send to you Visa Approval Letter and pick up your visa at the Vietnam international airports.

Step 4 - Get your Stamped

Bring Visa Approval Letter, passport, 2 photos, "exit and entry form", and stamping fee to get your visa stamped at the Vietnam international airports

Has anyone tried it in person at the Vietnam embassy on Wireless Rd.? I'm not confident about wiring money so may just want to trot over there. On another website I saw a post that said it costs around THB 1,000.

Haven't had to do it for a while but it was all very easy.

Fill in the form, attach photos and pay money in the morning and pick up the visa a few days later or same afternoon if you pay the extra fee.

Edit: there's a pinned thread for VN visas in the South East Asia forum which has lots of info.

Edited by PattayaParent