Information Required Please

Hi Friends

Can anyone help me please?

I have a house in Pattaya that I want to have painted externally.

I live in the UK. The bro in law may do the job but I want to ask anyone who can assist me a question about paint prices etc.

So, can anyone who has purchased extarnal masonary paint or is going to Homepro or other builders merchants that sells paint tell me how much a large pot is? I need quite a lot as you can imagine so larger buckets (10L?) would be great.

Also, the house is already painted at present in white, the walls need some settlement cracks filled, pretty simple to do, anyone know how much filler is?

In Thailand, would the painted house need to be sealed? or just a bit of a sanding etc to prepare? and then a couple of coats of decent masonary paint applied?

Finally, I promise, what sort or prices are ladders/sand paper/brushes etc.

Cheers all.

Kind regards

For starters, House size would help and 1 story or 2 as well as condition.

Last few weeks I painted my 2 story home, mid sized I would say at 4 bed 3 bath home.

Paint here is in Gallons. I used 15 gallons of TOA high quality primer first. it was 2300 Bt for each 5 gallons (about 50 euros each)

So, can anyone who has purchased extarnal masonary paint or is going to Homepro or other builders merchants that sells paint tell me how much a large pot is? I need quite a lot as you can imagine so larger buckets (10L?) would be great.

Also, the house is already painted at present in white, the walls need some settlement cracks filled, pretty simple to do, anyone know how much filler is? Cheep filler is about a 40 Bt (1 euro) But go for the better stuff it may run 5 euros per quart + the putty knike which adds 40 Bt. Go all out and sand it down a little as sand paper is about 12 baht a sheet

In Thailand, would the painted house need to be sealed? or just a bit of a sanding etc to prepare? and then a couple of coats of decent masonary paint applied? Depends on condition and if a color change. I like to use a single coat of high quality primer. Fix any problems, and 1 or 2 coats of a good quality paint. The 5 gallon buckets of paint are about 4500 Bt - I like TOA Super Shield.

A decent 6' ladder is about 2000 Bt + if you have a 2 story home figure a decent ladder will be about 10,000 Bt+ granted Thai use Bamboo ladders that I would not touch. My life has value.

A rooler and pan is about 100 Bt. a decent brush is about 50 baht here. for my house I used 4 roolers and 4 brushes, one for each side.

In total I think just ABOUT 40,000 Bt for materails on my 2 story home - labor excluded

Thank you for your post.

My house is a single storey 3b 3b. Internal area approx 200sqm.

May I ask, where is yor house as loabour (honest and decent) is very hard to find.

Regards

For starters, House size would help and 1 story or 2 as well as condition.

Last few weeks I painted my 2 story home, mid sized I would say at 4 bed 3 bath home.

Paint here is in Gallons. I used 15 gallons of TOA high quality primer first. it was 2300 Bt for each 5 gallons (about 50 euros each)

Also, the house is already painted at present in white, the walls need some settlement cracks filled, pretty simple to do, anyone know how much filler is? Cheep filler is about a 40 Bt (1 euro) But go for the better stuff it may run 5 euros per quart + the putty knike which adds 40 Bt. Go all out and sand it down a little as sand paper is about 12 baht a sheet

In Thailand, would the painted house need to be sealed? or just a bit of a sanding etc to prepare? and then a couple of coats of decent masonary paint applied? Depends on condition and if a color change. I like to use a single coat of high quality primer. Fix any problems, and 1 or 2 coats of a good quality paint. The 5 gallon buckets of paint are about 4500 Bt - I like TOA Super Shield.

A decent 6' ladder is about 2000 Bt + if you have a 2 story home figure a decent ladder will be about 10,000 Bt+ granted Thai use Bamboo ladders that I would not touch. My life has value.

A rooler and pan is about 100 Bt. a decent brush is about 50 baht here. for my house I used 4 roolers and 4 brushes, one for each side.

In total I think just ABOUT 40,000 Bt for materails on my 2 story home - labor excluded