Female suicide bombers attack Pakistani police post, 7 killed

News_Editor

Female suicide bombers attack Pakistani police post, 7 killed

2011-08-11 21:35:27 GMT+7 (ICT)

PESHAWAR, PAKISTAN (BNO NEWS) -- At least seven people were killed and others were injured on Thursday during a double suicide attack against a police post in northern Pakistan, officials said.

Local authorities said two female suicide bombers attacked a police check post in the Lahori Gate area of Peshawar, which is the capital of the Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, killing four police officers, one child, and both suicide bombers, the Pakistan Tribune reported.

The first bomber blew herself up near a police van just outside of the Gulbahar police station. The blast killed the four police officers, a 12-year-old child, and injured 21 others.

Moments later, a second female suicide bomber also blew herself up near the check post and injured at least two people. Emergency teams transported the wounded to Lady Reading Hospital.

Local authorities said around 8 kilograms (17 pounds) of explosives were used during the blasts. Police have cordoned off the area and are carrying out investigations into the incident.

In Islamabad, the U.S. Embassy condemned the suicide attacks. "Our thoughts and sympathies are with the victims and their families. These targeted attacks on police forces are a reminder of the courageous risks the Pakistani police take to protect their communities," the Embassy said. "These senseless killings are an affront to the people of Pakistan and to all humanity."

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2011-08-11

Would be interesting to hear the conversation between the bearded sage Iman and the two women - while the women were being suited up for their mission.

"Don't worry, it will happen so fast, you won't feel the pain. And you will be be martyrs."

"Will we have 72 doe-eyed virgins in the Garden of Delights as foretold by Muhammed?"

"Yes, of course. Allah doesn't discriminate between the sexes. If you want 72 boys or 72 girls or a mix of the two, don't worry. All your sensual desires will be sated in martyr's heaven."

"What if there are children killed by our bombs?"

"Then it is Allah's will. Indeed everything that happens is Allah's will, even this act of getting the bomb belts fitted by women, because of course, we wouldn't allow a man to get that close to you. It would defile the man and therefore the woman also, particularly if you were menstrating."

"Wait, you're talking about 'defiling' - yet you're getting us strapped with bomb belts to go out and kill fellow Muslims, including children. It kind of makes me wonder about the definition of the word 'defile.'

"Don't think too much, just follow my orders. I am a holy Iman, so I speak for God. Go now, there is a car with four police officers and a child waiting for you to be martyred."

"Will those killed - go to heaven."

"As I say, don't think, just act on God's will. Hurry, you might be too late with all this chitter chatter.