Drugs, Violence Sadden Her Majesty The Queen

webfact

Drugs, violence sadden Her Majesty

By THE NATION

30162605-01.jpg

Drug abuse, the violence in the South and environmental decay are the major concerns for the new government to address, Her Majesty the Queen said in her birthday speech yesterday. She turns 79 today.

Her Majesty also mourned Her Royal Highness Princess Bejaratana Rajasuda, who died on July 27, while honouring all 16 people killed in| three Army helicopter crashes last month.

She outlined a plan to ereact a 32-metre-tall Buddha statue at a Kanchanaburi temple in memory of the giant Buddha statues destroyed in Afghanistan a few years ago.

Speaking at Dusitdalai Pavilion in Chitralada Palace before tens of thousands of officials and attendants, the Queen bestowed a motto for Mother's Day, which marks her birthday, calling on all Thais to unite as a nation for common prosperity, as expressed and encouraged in the national anthem.

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, in her birthday and welcome speech, praised the Queen's dedication and many projects that improved people's lives, while emphasising the government's appreciation of her good deeds and its loyalty to her and the monarchy.

The Queen cited the numerous irrigation and agricultural projects initiated by His Majesty the King to increase crop yields, maintain soil fertility and neutralise soil conditions.

"The soil-conditioning project has turned more than 100,000 rai of acidic land [mostly in the South] into fertile areas or farmland," she said.

"The Royal Project has reached its 42nd anniversary and proved a success in encouraging hilltribe people to stop growing poppies and turn to planting fruits and plants that bring them income, while preventing their traditional mobile farming practices, which degraded soil fertility," she said.

The Queen called on anti-narcotics authorities to step up suppression efforts and urged the new government to continue with a project called "Mother of the Land Fund" from the previous government, which was promoting a no-drugs campaign at the community level in 12,189 villages.

"The manufacturers of the drugs, along with traders and dealers, are acting like murderers killing their own children. This is very worrying to me," she said.

The insurgent attacks on Buddhist monks in the South during morning alms walks were troubling, and a violation of the freedom of religious belief for Thai Buddhists, she said.

The Phra Phuttha Metta Prachathai Trailokkanart Khanthararat Anusorn Buddha statue would be installed on an 8-metre-high pedestal to be built at Thip Sukhontharam Temple in Kanchanaburi's Huay Krajao district, she said. This project, which will take about four years to complete, was launched by the late abbot of Chana Songkram Temple in Bangkok, Somdej Phra Maha Theerajarn.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-08-12

Queen underlines unity in Mother’s Day slogan

BANGKOK, 12 August 2011 (NNT) - Her Majesty Queen Sirikit calls the attention of Thai people to national unity in a slogan she has authored to mark this year’s National Mother’s Day.

The slogan comes in four lines of the popular poetic form of 8-syllable Klon. The poem says the national anthem that Thais sing everyday reminds that Thais and their country will stay as long as they are in unity.

The poem was granted to the Council of Social Welfare of Thailand under the royal patronage for publishing in the council’s magazine on the National Mother’s Day 2011 issue.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2011-08-12 footer_n.gif

Her Majesty Queen Sirikit is absolut right!

The Drugs are still a problem on Koh Phangan.

On Koh Phangan many tourists take the Drug-Problem not serious .

Many of them still smoke Gansha every day.

The police is doing nothing here.

The violence in the traffic too. High speed and overtaking is a standard here!

Many people are afraid to walk across the road. Even in the villages and in Thongsala.

The drug dealers on Pattaya beach show the drugs in their hands when trying to sell them and there are very few arrests and police quite often are only a few metres away.

Yes, only a few meters away .... to supervise the traffic and get their benefit !

The drug dealers on Pattaya beach show the drugs in their hands when trying to sell them and there are very few arrests and police quite often are only a few metres away.

Making sure their employee's are doing a good job

Posts deemed disrespectful or off topic have been removed, and further such posts will be removed without further comment. I remind everyone to use their utmost discretion when posting in a topic regarding any member of the Thai Royal Family.

Posts deemed disrespectful or off topic have been removed, and further such posts will be removed without further comment. I remind everyone to use their utmost discretion when posting in a topic regarding any member of the Thai Royal Family.

My post agreeing with the queen mother, and feeling sorry for her, as it is embarrassing to have the police under the royal name not doing their duties as they should.

It was NOT off topic to point out that they themselves were mostly to blame for the main saddened Queen in not dealing with the problem.

I would not say wrong about the royal family, quite the opposite. so why the removal of a normal post.???.

Seems to be an area where uniformity is not quite on song, but will abide by your removal, BUT will never attempt again to answer any ROYAL posts.

My post agreeing with the queen mother, and feeling sorry for her, as it is embarrassing to have the police under the royal name not doing their duties as they should.

It was NOT off topic to point out that they themselves were mostly to blame for the main saddened Queen in not dealing with the problem.

I would not say wrong about the royal family, quite the opposite. so why the removal of a normal post.???.

Seems to be an area where uniformity is not quite on song, but will abide by your removal, BUT will never attempt again to answer any ROYAL posts.

Glad to see you are learning jap.gif

A Dutch man rebuilt the Ark of Noah in its original size. It will be ready by the end of the year. It was built for 1600 animal species, 150m long and 25 m wide and 3000 tons of material were used. He proves that this was possible. Interesting images.

http://civoc.com/m/photos/browse/album/Ark-of-Noah/owner/civoc

Yes, interesting.

But why did they build it and why did you post it?

In my opinion Her Majesty Queen Sirikit is refreshingly right.

Most people think that drugs make you happy. Millions the world over in fact. Possibly hundreds of millions of drug users. All wrongly thinking that drugs make you happy. All wrong.

Then there's violence.

As if the threat of actual violence wasn't enough millions crave it in their viewing choices. Be it movies or TV. Guns, deaths, shootings - all are glorified on TV.

And yet billions [possibly] crave it.

How wrong these people are.

How mis-guided.

We should be more open to the wisdom shown and stop all drug use and all movies and TV that includes violent scenes.

Then the world would surely be a better place.

I like gardening programs.

Why can't we have more of those?

Or radio. Ban TV and listen to the radio then no one could see any violence.

The world was a happier place when we only had the radio.

Most people think that drugs make you happy. Millions the world over in fact. Possibly hundreds of millions of drug users. All wrongly thinking that drugs make you happy. All wrong.

Then there's violence.

As if the threat of actual violence wasn't enough millions crave it in their viewing choices. Be it movies or TV. Guns, deaths, shootings - all are glorified on TV.

How mis-guided.

We should be more open to the wisdom shown and stop all drug use and all movies and TV that includes violent scenes.

Yes ignore it that will help. :D

If we ignore it its not there.

Then there's violence.

How mis-guided.

Blind persons are not exposed to violence ?????? radio-do you mean the wireless??? I know what you mean but it would be a boring place without the TOM and JERRY violence--and gardening everyday narrated on radio????----you can't ban the T.V. and have gardening can you ??

There is no place for addict style drugs/street style..and usually violence is connected.

Then there's violence.

How mis-guided.

Radio broadcasts started before WWI - which brought us such things as prolonged trench warfare, mustard gas, and tanks. The influenza outbreaks of 1917-19 wiped out millions across the globe, leaving no country untouched.

But, as for gardening programs, have you tried http://www.thegardenchannel.tv/ ?

Her Majesty Queen Sirikit is absolut right!

The Drugs are still a problem on Koh Phangan.

On Koh Phangan many tourists take the Drug-Problem not serious .

Many of them still smoke Gansha every day.

The police is doing nothing here.

The violence in the traffic too. High speed and overtaking is a standard here!

Many people are afraid to walk across the road. Even in the villages and in Thongsala.

Yeah Supermof, I am afraid your observations are quite correct, the laws are already there on the statute books , unfortunately the police who are supposed to uphold them think it is far more financially beneficial for them to take kickbacks and bribes from the "top boys" to turn a blind eye into this multi billion baht trade ,just so long as they feed them with a few drug busts with the "minnows" in the International airport or "Cobra swamp" to make things appear that the police are "on top" of the drug trade ,truly Pathetic.

• 2 weeks later...

I know the Queen means well.

I do think that Thailand in general should grab a brain.

Pot is good for society, it calms violent people, it makes people drink less booze.

There is always a segment of society that will use drugs, no matter the law. Many of the brighest artists and other will use drugs at times.

I really think Thailand should step out of the dark ages and let adult do what they want to their bodies, with the exception of Yabba and Heroin, they should be controlled.

Magic Mushrooms ARE NOT BAD FOR YOU, Neither is POT... grow up Thailand.

Focus on the Sex trade, this is violence, this is abuse and this is addiction. Pot/Mushrooms/LSD are not addictive !

Focus on saving the environment.

If you want less violence then legalize drugs and take the profits away from the ultra rich drug lords.

-- All making drugs illegal does is ensure that evil drug criminals get richer ! prices go up , it also creates a situation where people that want to change their reality are pushed into bad addictive drugs like Yabba instead

of the positive and healthy experinces you get on Mushrooms, LSD, POT, MDMA and others.

Making drugs like these illegal also makes MANY more addicts and drug users - Education is the key not outlawing stuff.

Look that the United States and the completely waste of money and time on their drug war, Trillions of dollars spend, millions in prison, and they still have a higher percentage of drugs and drug realated crime than they did when they started.

Its sad when some drunk drive, paying for sex, meat head is trying to tell someone who is healthy and sober mostly they can't use recreation drugs just because its wrong.

Go drink a cheap bottle of wiskey until you puke and fall down, then go rent yourself a women in poverty to get your rocks off you sickos.

Sometimes a whole bunch of extra lines makes one happy. But like drugs the rest of us would be better off if lines were done in moderation. B)

No, I agree drugs don't make you happy, they shouldn't. Many do lasting damage, others do minimal damage if not abused. Kind of sugar, salt, beer, tv, internet, sex, tea, coffee, chocolate, caffiine pop, thousands of drugs the sell at the pharmacy that are abused.

Your talking about Pot.. good luck, I don't promote it, but if it were legal all over the world, there wouldn't be more smokers, its would do more harm, it would just be that its another stupid thing, like energy drinks, that smart people avoid except once in a while.

Other people sit around in their own pee after drinking everyday, or smoke until they get cancer, or eat until their heart stops.

Its just something to think about Thailand, why jail pot heads or the like for life and things ?