Another "Rip Off" Restaurant

mhortig

will just agree to any price even before considering it. Guess it the old respect to elders and not wanting to confront them and make them lose face.

I don't agree with that.

If someone it's being cheating others for all his life and being up to no good till the grave, his accumulated years of experience should be one more reason why this person should have known better, so, no mercy for those scums!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just stating the way it can be here, which I believe has it's own merits too. But my point was how to try to make everyone happy, or at least come to an agreement, by working things out together. I don't dwell on the negative or worry about what others esp. bad people should or do know, do etc. I'll let their karma take care of that while I concern myself with mine.

will just agree to any price even before considering it. Guess it the old respect to elders and not wanting to confront them and make them lose face.

I don't agree with that.

If someone it's being cheating others for all his life and being up to no good till the grave, his accumulated years of experience should be one more reason why this person should have known better, so, no mercy for those scums!

tipping

What i find seriously weird, it's the way people reward with a "tip" someone which is blatantly scamming them.

Can you imagine these people in other life's situation outside of the restaurant?

"Hey you! yes you that you just stolen my motocy and used that metal bar just now to bang it hard against my head and left me in a pool full of blood here in the pavement! please stop and let me give you this 100 Bahts before you run away, you might also need some spare cash for the fuel, here we go! ....ehhhhh why are you stabbing me now? no! no! ....ok you won! i am sorry my wallet looks a bit old, but please don't forget to take back the industrial sized knife stuck in my lungs, you will have to buy another one otherways, hhhhhh..."

Moral of the story: people should never reward for a crime/bad deed they just received, as this will only stimulate the cheaters to do even worse and show others that being a criminal is rewarding, if that wasn't clear enough already.....

I am forbidden from going to the local markets with my wife for food shopping. If I do go I must wait in the car or walk 30 paces behind because she says when I have been with her the prices suddenly increase.

OMG you couldn't write the script! cheesy.gif

You must be really enjoying yourself here - getting involved with the locals......the freedom to explore new things etc.

I don't like shopping of any kind but when I do go I like to get in and get out. I've been shopping with my better half just the once. Never again would I go with her, not even 30 paces behind. She takes forever to poke and prod every bit of produce and it drives me crazy.

Darling, you go shopping, I go bar.

I don't always see dual pricing as being ripped off. Short changed or being charged more than the agreed upon price w/o an explanation is in my eyes. I understand the dual pricing and don't worry abut it too much, I use my Thai driver's lic. for the Thai price when applicable and shop regularly at places that treat me the same as the locals and they get the repeat business, so it's win win w/the added benefit of getting to know the people I live with.

I hate it too but once I'm deliberately ripped off somewhere I never return, upon principle and self respect. I'm only happy to find somewhere else to give my business too, if they care or not.

Unfortunately dual pricing is a fact of life in Thailand. A lot of Thais see farangs as dripping in money, it just falls off them. I am forbidden from going to the local markets with my wife for food shopping. If I do go I must wait in the car or walk 30 paces behind because she says when I have been with her the prices suddenly increase.

It seems the life of too many cheap people on this website revolves around going out to eat cheap at cheap restaurants.

MapGuy, i think you don't see the real value of this kind of conversations or maybe you are just making confusion.

You are in a position to not care about those small amounts of money, many of us are in a position to just do the same choice if we wish, but some people it's been less lucky in life and might not be able to just stand against this bad practice, these people might need those little amounts probably much more than those sellers, but can't complaint, so, you, me, everyone that have a chance to do it, have to!

Don't think just about yourself and your own particular situation, expand your views and understandings on how this world is working, if someone is really in need, then there are many ways to find some help, cheating your friends/customers or whoever else is giving you their trust, definetely it's not the right way to go and in being condescending you become a "passive" accomplice of them and their con.

So, if your intentions were genuinely a generosity act rather than anything else, you might want to re-think on what channels those little tips should follow, this world is already corrupted to the bones and doesn't really need any further help, either intended or not as that, hope you get my point, cheers.

Perhaps opening ones mind is a good idea. For instance

How many of us did not take as much money as we could get when we were working.

I know i did just because you have a union or can not charge more with out losing business does not make you any different than the people you are accusing of ripping you off are.

You are both the same only this time it is being done to you. If you don't like the price barter they will dicker with you.

Would you have dickered with your customers to get more more.

Just food for thought.

I know i did just because you have a union or can not charge more with out losing business does not make you any different than the people you are accusing of ripping you off are.

You are both the same only this time it is being done to you. If you don't like the price barter they will dicker with you.

Just food for thought.

What? :blink:

The person being ripped off are like the people ripping off???

We are both the same and you are suggesting some sort of alternating the roles???????

And you talk about opening ones mind, my friend, i seriously think that you opened yours so much to the point of wreaking up everything in there that would make any sense at all...are we getting mad here or what? :lol:

How can you put on the same level the victims and the perpetrators???

Well, after all, you are still better than those inverting the guilt of those 2 parts :D

Congratulations !

Just food for thought.

What? :blink:

The person being ripped off are like the people ripping off???

We are both the same and you are suggesting some sort of alternating the roles???????

And you talk about opening ones mind, my friend, i seriously think that you opened yours so much to the point of wreaking up everything in there that would make any sense at all...are we getting mad here or what? :lol:

How can you put on the same level the victims and the perpetrators???

Well, after all, you are still better than those inverting the guilt of those 2 parts :D

Congratulations !

You apparently are getting mad.

I guess looking in the mirror is not a pleasant experience for you.

Next time a Tuk Tuk driver tries to over charge you ten baht look him in the face and you will see yourself when you were trying to make as much as you could.

You apparently are getting mad.

I guess looking in the mirror is not a pleasant experience for you.

Next time a Tuk Tuk driver tries to over charge you ten baht look him in the face and you will see yourself when you were trying to make as much as you could.

Your guess is complitely wrong, as your way to see this matter.

People are allowed to charge as much as they like, if a customer decide to pay that price it's up to them.

A business which state a price and then change it to a much higher rate (just an example between the many around there) as soon as you finish your meal it's CRIMINAL, a cheat, what if the customer decides to pay LESS of what previously agreed, would you accept that as well?

Get your acts straights! Right now what you stated it's just insane to say the least!