Transport To Chonburi/Pattaya

xybadog

We'll be staying in Kut Hae, Nongbualamphu in December, for a few days to visit the wife's family but want to travel to either Trat or Chonburi afterwards. I'm guessing there's more chance of transport to Pattaya though.

My question is is there a "VIP" bus service to either Trat/Chonburi/Pattaya from Udon Thani, or even Khon Khaen? If so how long roughly is the journey (I'm guessing about 12-14 hours), approx cost and frequency?

Better still if there's a link to a website if anyone knows of one with this info already I'd appreciate it but I'd be grateful for any info.

We normally fly from Udon to Phuket or Samui but fancy a change and want to avoid flying into BKK then having to get a bus from there, but I'm open to suggestions.

Edited by xybadog

Udon Thani old bus station 042221489 have air con bus to Pattaya about a 10 hour ride, was 550thb a few months back, believe they have lots, 8 or 10 departing daily.

VIP bus, maybe check out Roong Prasert Travels 042343616 heard they operate those 20 seat VIP busses to many locations.

You can fly from Ubon direct to Phuket a 2 hour flight with Air Asia and often very cheaply.

The poster is in Nong Bualampu province. That is near Udon Thani.

Ubon Ratchathani is some 400 km away.

BTW:I could not find "Kut Hae" in Nong Bualampu province on the map. How far is it from Udon?

Depending on that, one might consider to go south via Chumphae, Chaiyaphum and so on. 12h ride is a good guess.

I would personally favor to fly from Udon to Don Mueang and then continue by bus or taxi.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Thanks for all the replies.

You can fly from Ubon direct to Phuket a 2 hour flight with Air Asia and often very cheaply.

BTW:I could not find "Kut Hae" in Nong Bualampu province on the map. How far is it from Udon?

Depending on that, one might consider to go south via Chumphae, Chaiyaphum and so on. 12h ride is a good guess.

I would personally favor to fly from Udon to Don Mueang and then continue by bus or taxi.

Kut Hae is shown here on the map. The closest "town" is Na Klang and is about 1 hr drive from Udon.

Edited by xybadog

The closest "town" is Na Klang and is about 1 hr drive from Udon.

I found it and yes, with this location there is likely no better way than going through Udon Thani. Be it by bus or plane.

The route going south through Nong Bualampu / Chum Phae and so on is quite slow.

Thanks for all the replies.

Kut Hae is shown here on the map. The closest "town" is Na Klang and is about 1 hr drive from Udon.

xybadog:

I live between Na Klang and Nawang just off highway 210.

One of my wife's friends, a school teacher, goes to Pattaya many weekends to see her farang husband there. My wife has gone with her a couple of times.

Go to Wang Saphung and take the bus there. Wang Saphung is at the end of 210 where it intersects with 201.

My wife made the trip recently and the cost was less than 500 baht and took 10-11 hours. She says it is the best way to get down south from here. I believe they have two runs to Pattaya daily.

And it is closer from your village to Wang Saphung than it is to Udorn. PM me with your wife's phone number and I will ask my wife to call her.

• Like 1