Voa Border Crossing

Can you still do land border crossings back to back unlimited amounts of times? They made a rule a few years ago that was something like you can only enter Thailand without a visa and stay a certain amount of time in a 6 month period. Are they still enforcing that rule?

Would it make any difference if i bring a certificate of early retirement income on my double entry tourist visa runs ?

No, you wouldn't need proof of retirement income if you already have a Tourist Visa.

I think what poanoi is getting at is would it be of any use diffusing question of suspected illegal work. It wouldn't prove that he is not but it would perhaps go some way to showing that he doesn't need to.I personally doubt it would be of any help but it's not going to do any harm.

Would it make any difference if i bring a certificate of early retirement income on my double entry tourist visa runs ?

At the consulate where you apply for the visa, any documentation that helps to dispel possible suspicions that you might be working illegally in Thailand, with a covering letter addressed to His Excellency the Consul, might be useful.

I can envisage showing the low paid officer who can determine your entry your ability to pay as a potentialy double edged sword.

An invitation to ATM (A Tea Money) op.

For those unused to barefaced corruption and unsure of their "rights' Siam is truly amazing :lol:

Why not change your tourist visa to a non-o and then go for a retirement extension of stay.

The OP is talking about early retirement. There is no indication that he is 50 years or older. If he is, that would indeed qualify him for a non-O visa.

Yes, i still have a looong way to go before i'm finally 50.

i don't think tourist visa & ED visa is going to cut it until i'm there,

now that tourist visa double entry reportedly is being rejected,

hence my question if a certificate of income is going to be of any use. (for TV)

Perhaps the biggest obstacle (my laziness & thai gf aside) from finally move to Sianookville is that i don't know of any shop there that can work on a big bike.

Does anyone know of a big bike repair shop in Sianookville ?

Edited by poanoi

• 2 months later...

Yes, i still have a looong way to go before i'm finally 50.

i don't think tourist visa & ED visa is going to cut it until i'm there,

now that tourist visa double entry reportedly is being rejected,

hence my question if a certificate of income is going to be of any use. (for TV)

Perhaps the biggest obstacle (my laziness & thai gf aside) from finally move to Sianookville is that i don't know of any shop there that can work on a big bike.

Does anyone know of a big bike repair shop in Sianookville ?

I'd be more interested in a Go Kart fixer if I stayed there for a long time.