My Friend Got This Email About Uk Visa

My friend was chatting to me on msn, she says she got this email below on the 9th:

Dear xxxxxx,

Your Visa application reference number:APET/030811/xxxxxx has been processed by the British Embassy

and is received at the UK Visa Application Centre.

Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

She isnt clear what it means, I know nothing of the UK visa process.

Does it mean they are just acknowledging the application or does it mean it has been approved? As I read it Id says its the former but I dont want to ill-advise her...

I thought the other way around.

Processed at the British Embassy.

UK Visa Application Centre I thought would be UK VFS, as it is the place you apply and not the British Embassy.

so processed and returned.

I could be wrong.

If she has the number she can track it using the VFS website, then she will know exactly where it is.

This is the email you get when VFS send it to the Embassy

Your visa application reference number:APET/300511/xxxxxx/1 has been dispatched to the British Embassy on: 05/30/2011 An auto e-mail will be generated to inform you when the application is returned and is available for collection at the application Centre.Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

The one your friend has like so: (below) Tells her to pick up her passport.

Your Visa application reference number:APET/300511/xxxxxx/1 has been processed by the British Embassy and is received at the UK Visa Application Centre.Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Edited by beano2274

looks like she went to VFS on the 03 August and they finished processing it on the 9th, that is a quick turn around (considering there was a weekend in between), and am not sure it looks good. My wife's took around 9 working days.

But it could be that they are not busy and working fast. Let us know how she got on.

Edited by beano2274

Beano is correct; it means what it says.

That is; her application has been processed and her passport is ready for collection.

For privacy reasons, the embassy will not tell anyone the result of her application, so she wont know that until she picks up her passport.

Processing time is no indication of the result. Processing times are different for different types of visa application, and they vary depending on how many applications the embassy has received and are dealing with.