Wetropolis: A Floating City That Survives The Ebb And Flow Of Shifting Tides

sabaijai

:cheesy: .....thread is about a propsed floating city and here we go again....My yellow shirts are better than your reds shirts.....:guitar:

UNBELIEVABLE!! You were the one (post #4) that brought politics into this thread and now you are complaining??????

My post may have had a political slant to it, but at least it was related to the topic, I was refering to the off-topic rabid diatribes about Issan, reds shirts etc, which it appears you started...:whistling:

Seeing as you are actually reading my posts...read my other one which starts with..."You forgot to add....."...:lol:

:cheesy: .....thread is about a propsed floating city and here we go again....My yellow shirts are better than your reds shirts.....:guitar:

UNBELIEVABLE!! You were the one (post #4) that brought politics into this thread and now you are complaining??????

My post may have had a political slant to it, but at least it was related to the topic, I was refering to the off-topic rabid diatribes about Issan, reds shirts etc, which it appears you started...:whistling:

Seeing as you are actually reading my posts...read my other one which starts with..."You forgot to add....."...:lol:

saai.gif

cynicism and negativity can be bad or they can be good. Here's an example of how they can be good, if they sway public opinion or funding away from a bad project:

In regard to the OP: it's just not a good plan. Go back to the drawing board. Thai engineers are about as adept at Thai criminal investigators, go figure.

Two things related to my Thai town:

1. sidewalks were put in all over downtown, many Km. They were all polished granite, very attractive and expensive, and a friend of the governor made a bundle. Surprise, after the 1st rain, it was realized that polished stone is too slick! Then contractors were hired to spend the next 2 months on their knees with electric grinders, to chuff up the surfaces.

2. Storm drains were put in at hefty expense. After the 1st strong rainstorms, it was found they didn't drain. Tear up streets and do it again. After the subsequent rains, (surprise) didn't drain. Tear up the streets again, rebuild the drains (this time using a plumb level, perhaps?). All happened in a 2 year time frame. Now, they drain, whew.

One of my main concerns for plans like floating cities and/or building a giant berm around Bkk (proposed a couple years ago), is effluent. Where does it go? Does a man with a lot of talismans wave a wand and magically make poop and trash disappear? Or ship it off to Gambia or somewhere? The over-riding problem is human overpopulation, and that's what gives vent to such pie-in-the-sky concepts like the floating city. Lessen population growth, and get going on improving individuals' quality of life + respect for other life forms and the planet itself - is the way of the future. Respect for the planet can start with not stashing radioactive waste within or upon it. The list goes on for pages.

A floating city would be rife with problems, from the drawing board up to and beyond its implemention. Cost per housing unit would be millions of dollars. At best, it would be a colony of some super rich folks - while their servants and support people stayed in hovels far away, and commuting daily.

A floating city would be rife with problems, from the drawing board up to and beyond its implemention. Cost per housing unit would be millions of dollars. At best, it would be a colony of some super rich folks - while their servants and support people stayed in hovels far away, and commuting daily.

Sukhumvit?