Where To Buy Plaster And Double Edge Razor Blades

CaptainFly

They are not related but might as well see if I can get info on both with one post.

Plaster as well known as it is/was seems hard to find here. Global and Medical supply shops dont have and no idea where to look for double edge razor blade ie Wilkinson or any brand will do.

What exactly is a plaster? Is that something we Americans call a "band-aid"?

If so, they're available at all pharmacies, although you they can be cheaper at some. One of my favorites is the Peera Pharmacy across from the Montri Hotel near Thapae Gate (it's now known as the Hotel "M", but all the locals still call it the Montri). It's across the street from the hotel, the first pharmacy on the left as you walk from Thapae Gate past Black Canyon coffee. I have a spot on my left foot where I often get a blister because of a long-standing bunion problem. I use a band-aid nearly every day and the two wonderful ladies who run the Peera Pharmacy sell just the right band-aids, in boxes of 30, for a reasonable price. They're also great people to know for your pharmaceutical needs.

Don't know about double-edge razor blades. Hubby long-since switched to disposable razors and they have top quality disposables at a price that's cheaper than Tesco Lotus, Tops and certainly Rim Ping.

Edited by NancyL

I've been able to find Gillette 5 razor blades for 30 baht at Tesco and Thai convenient stores. I'd like to use a new razor for every shave, and there's a brand called Dorco which hair salon use, they snap break them in half and use them for a shave/sideburns, they said a box of 100 for ~120 baht. I see them online for around 125 baht for a box of 100 blades. Anyone know where to get it locally in Chiang Mai?

I have been using those disposal double edge shavers with double edged blades for years - they last longer than those multi blade ones because they are much easier to wash and keep clean. I think there is a Dorco brand and Gillette has them too , both about the same quality and i normally find them in those small Thai supermarkets , often on a card near where the cashier sits. It is just a matter of buying a few when you see them. I think they are about 15 -25 baht a pack with one plastic disposable shaver with 5 blades included.

Edited by xen

If so, they're available at all pharmacies, although you they can be cheaper at some. One of my favorites is the Peera Pharmacy across from the Montri Hotel near Thapae Gate (it's now known as the Hotel "M", but all the locals still call it the Montri). It's across the street from the hotel, the first pharmacy on the left as you walk from Thapae Gate past Black Canyon coffee. I have a spot on my left foot where I often get a blister because of a long-standing bunion problem. I use a band-aid nearly every day and the two wonderful ladies who run the Peera Pharmacy sell just the right band-aids, in boxes of 30, for a reasonable price. They're also great people to know for your pharmaceutical needs.

Don't know about double-edge razor blades. Hubby long-since switched to disposable razors and they have top quality disposables at a price that's cheaper than Tesco Lotus, Tops and certainly Rim Ping.

Plaster and in Plaster of Paris is what we used as little kids to make stuff in school. Used to be used to make casts for arms and legs but now its high tech with impregnated gauze they just wet and wrap. Schools still might use it and the most use for it was patching walls and the liquid form or mug is used to tape sheet rock.

I just want a small container of the powder for another purpose.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...