PM Yingluck Will Brief The Press Twice A Week

webfact

You're blaming the questioners? Oy, that's rich. Perhaps she's just not qualified for the level of this new job; have you considered that? Her previous experience, quite frankly, does not impress as preparing for being PM. I am also quite skeptical about how you describe her previous role, sounds like a campaign brochure. In any case, people she met with before were supportive or people UNDER her. Reporters are something very different, yes?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gk, you keep on refering to her previous high position job! Every one knows why she got this position, what she was doing, and how quick this position has been scrapped as soon as the new owner took over. Bottom line is: she has NO experience, even not the one you wish she has....

When the PM was in the private sector she had to meet with investors, clients and company staff on a daily basis. She was quite capable in her former job. Appreciably, many journalists for the English languauge press in Thailand do not appear as overly bright, but she should be able to answer their questions without making them appear to be intellectually challenged spoilt Bangkok brats. They may wish to write their questions down and practice asking their questions in front of a mirror first as she is not going to coddle them when they ask some of their assinine questions. Watch some of the previous media question and answer sessions with former PM Abhisit. Sometimes the questions were poorly stated, or were incredibly silly and they were often mumbled with the journalist not enunciating clearly.

Don't tell me even k. Abhisit was bothered and annoyed by asinine and badly mumbled questions. They did that to him as well? :whistling:

Edited by rubl

Gk, you keep on refering to her previous high position job! Every one knows why she got this position, what she was doing, and how quick this position has been scrapped as soon as the new owner took over. Bottom line is: she has NO experience, even not the one you wish she has....

He certainly sounds like a Yingluck Apologist Extraordinaire... :lol:

Let's face it. Yingluck was never meant to be more than a "caretaker PM". Her task is to pave the way for the return of DL.

She was chosen by Thaksin for two reasons:

1. family ties

2. total lack of qualification for this job.

These assets will effectively prevent her from "running her own show" and "forgetting" her orders. Anyone with only the slightest interest in the welfare of the Thai people and the same "qualification" would have politely refused to take part in this charade.

Although Thaksin's attempts to run Thailand by remote control still need some fine tuning, the Shinawatra clan is so far firmly in control. The inflated TRT promises are being watered down one by one to give Thaksin a chance to reuse them during his "when I will be back" campaign.

And then the Thaksin-Yingluck fans in this forum will once more be ready for "standing ovations".

I suppose she could save everyone's time by simply sending a text everyday saying --

I am still Thaksin's sister.

Don't start on texting. The last PM got into big problems when he send an SMS just thanking the Thai population ;)

Let's face it. Yingluck was never meant to be more than a "caretaker PM". Her task is to pave the way for the return of DL.

She was chosen by Thaksin for two reasons:

1. family ties

2. total lack of qualification for this job.

These assets will effectively prevent her from "running her own show" and "forgetting" her orders. Anyone with only the slightest interest in the welfare of the Thai people and the same "qualification" would have politely refused to take part in this charade.

Although Thaksin's attempts to run Thailand by remote control still need some fine tuning, the Shinawatra clan is so far firmly in control. The inflated TRT promises are being watered down one by one to give Thaksin a chance to reuse them during his "when I will be back" campaign.

And then the Thaksin-Yingluck fans in this forum will once more be ready for "standing ovations".

Well said. :thumbsup:

When the PM was in the private sector she had to meet with investors, clients and company staff on a daily basis. She was quite capable in her former job. Appreciably, many journalists for the English languauge press in Thailand do not appear as overly bright, but she should be able to answer their questions without making them appear to be intellectually challenged spoilt Bangkok brats. They may wish to write their questions down and practice asking their questions in front of a mirror first as she is not going to coddle them when they ask some of their assinine questions. Watch some of the previous media question and answer sessions with former PM Abhisit. Sometimes the questions were poorly stated, or were incredibly silly and they were often mumbled with the journalist not enunciating clearly.

care to refer us to any evidence of her good performance?

She was quite capable in her former job.

She was so capable that she was replaced with her 23 year old niece.

wonder who will turn out to have been the most capable in a role that wasn't actually and invented for YL in the first place.

She was so capable that she was replaced with her 23 year old niece.

wonder who will turn out to have been the most capable in a role that wasn't actually and invented for YL in the first place.

Actually, it was the President position at AIS that was invented for her, and then discarded when Temasek bought it off Thaksin.

PM not bothered by the Opposition's debate

BANGKOK, 21 August 2011 (NNT)-Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said she was not bothered by the Opposition Party's debate while showing her confidence that the Foreign Minister would be able to defend himself regarding the entry visa to Japan for her brother.

Pheu Thai is expected to deliver the policy statement from Tuesday to Wednesday during the House meeting.

However, the Prime Minister said she would only observe the event and let her ministers answer all of the questions raised by the Opposition Party.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2011-08-21 footer_n.gif

You're blaming the questioners? Oy, that's rich. Perhaps she's just not qualified for the level of this new job; have you considered that? Her previous experience, quite frankly, does not impress as preparing for being PM. I am also quite skeptical about how you describe her previous role, sounds like a campaign brochure. In any case, people she met with before were supportive or people UNDER her. Reporters are something very different, yes?

Yeah I would just love her to be "grilled" by a western type press on her future plans and promises to the electorate and especially on "her Choice" of foreign Minister, sadly this scenario will NEVER be put into operation as its the "THAI WAY" When reporting "their" side of proceedings ,that any political sinners remain unnamed ,just in case it causes"loss of face" to the perpetrators ,and of course massive litigation and even loss of their jobs for printing their democratic right to speak the truth. Edited by Colin Yai

BANGKOK, 21 August 2011 (NNT)-Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said she was not bothered by the Opposition Party's debate while showing her confidence that the Foreign Minister would be able to defend himself regarding the entry visa to Japan for her brother.

Pheu Thai is expected to deliver the policy statement from Tuesday to Wednesday during the House meeting.

However, the Prime Minister said she would only observe the event and let her ministers answer all of the questions raised by the Opposition Party.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2011-08-21 footer_n.gif

Ahh yes how very cosy , if they "drop a clanger" she is not responsible,or as they say in the west its called "passing the buck" and there's silly old me thinking that any PM worth their salt should lead from the front and be ultimately answerable for her tenure as PM of Thailand , obviously I have it all wrong in my assumptions. Edited by Colin Yai

Ahh yes how very cosy , if they "drop a clanger" she is not responsible,or as they say in the west its called "passing the buck" and there's silly old me thinking that any PM worth their salt should lead from the front and be ultimately answerable for her tenure as PM of Thailand , obviously I have it all wrong in my assumptions.

the headline could just easily be written as...

PM can't be bothered

not answerable to the media nor her Parliamentarians...

PM-Yingluck "will only observe the debate and let her ministers answer all of the questions raised". :giggle::blink::wacko:

I know she's only a Newbie, but doesn't she feel that her party & her country are entitled to hear her own views, now that she has been elected to the top political position ? Amazing Thailand indeed !

I almost feel sorry, for those farangs, who considered her up-to-the-job. B)

PM-Yingluck "will only observe the debate and let her ministers answer all of the questions raised". :giggle::blink::wacko:

I know she's only a Newbie, but doesn't she feel that her party & her country are entitled to hear her own views, now that she has been elected to the top political position ? Amazing Thailand indeed !

I almost feel sorry, for those farangs, who considered her up-to-the-job. B)

She's diggin her grave already, can't do her job nor make a speech. Can't believe some people on TV see any qualities in her. But some on TV still defend these oligarchy clowns when there is nothing left to defend. She seems really arrogant not to even wanna stand up there and try, nor even accept a debate against Abhisit. She's got a lot of weaknesses, not something valued in a leader.

Edited by gemini81

True, k. Surapong knowns how to defend himself. He will file a defamation case tomorrow :ermm:

Did you know that the majority of businesses in Thailand, just as in the "west" are family businesses? Ask people that have worked in their family business if they had it easy. It doesn't matter how big or prosperous that business is, family members almost always are expected to work harder than the other employees. They are on call 24/7 and the principal expects more from those family workers. It is obvious that some of you never worked in a family business, otherwise you wouldn't be so condescending and dismissive. Go on and talk to some people that worked in the family business.

How can you say she had no experience? Do you know what her job was and what she did on a daily business? You have no idea, and yet you make this ignorant comment.

Did you know that the majority of businesses in Thailand, just as in the "west" are family businesses? Ask people that have worked in their family business if they had it easy. It doesn't matter how big or prosperous that business is, family members almost always are expected to work harder than the other employees. They are on call 24/7 and the principal expects more from those family workers. It is obvious that some of you never worked in a family business, otherwise you wouldn't be so condescending and dismissive. Go on and talk to some people that worked in the family business.

How can you say she had no experience? Do you know what her job was and what she did on a daily business? You have no idea, and yet you make this ignorant comment.

What a load of craps!!! How does this comment about family business connect in any way with Yingluck and her "job" as "president" in her brother company? we are not talking about a convenient store here.

You are the ignorant here !!! Prove me wrong, if you can !!!

Yeah I would just love her to be "grilled" by a western type press on her future plans and promises to the electorate and especially on "her Choice" of foreign Minister, sadly this scenario will NEVER be put into operation as its the "THAI WAY" When reporting "their" side of proceedings ,that any political sinners remain unnamed ,just in case it causes"loss of face" to the perpetrators ,and of course massive litigation and even loss of their jobs for printing their democratic right to speak the truth.

It is not blaming to recognize the realities of the news media in Thailand.

Apparently. some people are clueless as to media control in Thailand. The majority of radio and TV stations in Thailand are controlled by the government or the military. As such, they carried the conservative status quo of the Thailand's elite. The various military coups entrenched a management that was biased in favour of the government of the day. The managment that was installed back in the 1970's left a legacy of hiring people that shared a particular view. Although community radio stations sprang up, the military junta and the Abhisit government was quite successful at shutting them down. Newspapers such as Thai Rath are heavily skewed to crime reporting and political reporting is not a forte.It is a populist newspaper and is not going to undertake an expensive investigation of anything. Matichon is probably the most balanced print journalism source in Thailand but it showed that even it could be intimidated once the military coup occurred. The Daily News is a weak version of Thai Rath and the Nation Multi Media group has long been biased against Mr. Thaksin. Please tell me which media outlet in Thailand has a history of unbiased reporting? There are some local news outlets such as Phuketwan which try to be fair and don't pull any punches, but its mandate is Phuket, not national. The same for the Pattaya Daily News which has done some hard hitting articles on local corruption. On a national level when it comes to politics, outside of the Matichon Group, I can't think of one reliable Thai news outlet that doesn't show a distinct bias. It is rather telling when the redshirts tried to open their own news media outlets to spread their version of the news. In Thailand, there is a polarization of positions. Expecting the current Thai cadre of reporters to report in an unbiased manner is like expecting Fox News in the USA to offer a fair assessment of the current US President.

Edited by geriatrickid

What a load of craps!!! How does this comment about family business connect in any way with Yingluck and her "job" as "president" in her brother company? we are not talking about a convenient store here.

You are the ignorant here !!! Prove me wrong, if you can !!!

Prove you wrong? You did it yourself. You have no clue whatsoever as to what her job function entailed and you have no clue as to what is involved in a large family business. You make the claim that PM Yingluck did nothing in her previous job and yet you cannot substantiate that accusation. The onus is on you to substantiate your allegation. Do you have even the slightest idea of what she did previously?

Here's how the Economist described her "She gained her business experience from working for the family as well. Ms Yingluck ran the Shinawatras’ principal money-spinner, Advanced Info Service, Thailand’s largest mobile-phone operator, from 2002 until it was sold off in 2006, after which she ran the family property business." If you think she sat there as eye candy, then there is nothing I can say because the position you espouse is incredibly ignorant and ill informed.

Do YOU know what her job was and what she did on a daily basis?

Very unlikely, yet you make the wild assumption that she was good at it.

She had one job that was replaced by no one, and another job that was replaced by a 23 year old.

Do YOU know what her job was and what she did on a daily basis?

Very unlikely, yet you make the wild assumption that she was good at it.

She had one job that was replaced by no one, and another job that was replaced by a 23 year old.

"another job that was replaced by a 23 year old" who just happened to be her young niece, the youngest daughter of her dear brother k. Thaksin.

Anyway twice a week we can look forward to hearing "it's too early to say", "we'll clarify later", "I leave that for my cabinet members to answer", "I'm confident my cabinet can elaborate", "Please, give us a chance", "(thinking microphone closed) why anyone wants this job is beyond me"

To be fair I don't know what Ms. Yingluck's job description or content was before, but what I've seen and heard till now doesn't impress me, really.

Yeah I would just love her to be "grilled" by a western type press on her future plans and promises to the electorate and especially on "her Choice" of foreign Minister, sadly this scenario will NEVER be put into operation as its the "THAI WAY" When reporting "their" side of proceedings ,that any political sinners remain unnamed ,just in case it causes"loss of face" to the perpetrators ,and of course massive litigation and even loss of their jobs for printing their democratic right to speak the truth.

It is not blaming to recognize the realities of the news media in Thailand.

Apparently. some people are clueless as to media control in Thailand. The majority of radio and TV stations in Thailand are controlled by the government or the military. As such, they carried the conservative status quo of the Thailand's elite. The various military coups entrenched a management that was biased in favour of the government of the day. The managment that was installed back in the 1970's left a legacy of hiring people that shared a particular view. Although community radio stations sprang up, the military junta and the Abhisit government was quite successful at shutting them down. Newspapers such as Thai Rath are heavily skewed to crime reporting and political reporting is not a forte.It is a populist newspaper and is not going to undertake an expensive investigation of anything. Matichon is probably the most balanced print journalism source in Thailand but it showed that even it could be intimidated once the military coup occurred. The Daily News is a weak version of Thai Rath and the Nation Multi Media group has long been biased against Mr. Thaksin. Please tell me which media outlet in Thailand has a history of unbiased reporting? There are some local news outlets such as Phuketwan which try to be fair and don't pull any punches, but its mandate is Phuket, not national. The same for the Pattaya Daily News which has done some hard hitting articles on local corruption. On a national level when it comes to politics, outside of the Matichon Group, I can't think of one reliable Thai news outlet that doesn't show a distinct bias. It is rather telling when the redshirts tried to open their own news media outlets to spread their version of the news. In Thailand, there is a polarization of positions. Expecting the current Thai cadre of reporters to report in an unbiased manner is like expecting Fox News in the USA to offer a fair assessment of the current US President.

Well all that bumph was interesting, Not forgetting Thaksin gagged all the t.v. newspapers for his convenience and no one had the chance to say bad about him, this enabled him to get a Thatcher style stronghold in Thailand, without the opposition getting a word in it enabled him to win over the poor, with all his sickly sweet mouth, and then getting so clever went on to abuse his power. conniving family, all about greed and they are not on their own countless big wigs in positions --hardly a sole amongst them that earned their government roll.

BUT there are those we all know who even think they are untouchable, this was his downfall. LIKE THATCHER in the end he had to go, the only way to get the bad apple out the barrel was with army back up-AGAIN.

Edited by ginjag

and yet you have no idea either, but you still make the statement

Pot, kettle, black... on "ignorant comment"