Bar Checks By 150 Police Officers Conducted In South Pattaya

Rimmer

Bar checks by 150 Police Officers conducted in South Pattaya

PATTAYA: -- A late night bar inspection consisting of 150 Police Officers was conducted in the early hours of Saturday. The operation began in front of Pattaya Police Station where the officers were given instructions from Police Colonel Tirapon, Deputy Commander of Chonburi Provincial Police. There was much excitement from officers who expected to make many arrests and seize lots of drugs. Instead, the operation, which was centered on late night bars in the South Pattaya area, resulted in the arrest of just four people who failed urine tests and were charged with class 1 drug consumption offences.

Full story and pictures HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2011-08-20

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

" It was thought that many of the bars had been tipped-off prior to the operation taking place which was frustrating for senior officers who allocated resources which could have been used elsewhere."

But how could anyone have known that there were to be raids? After all, it's not as if they all line up in front of the Police Station just before leaving, with a load of journalists and video cameras in tow, announcing to the whole world what they are about to do, is it? I mean, that would give anyone nearby plenty of time to call all the bars in town and warn them.

If they did that it would just be silly.

" It was thought that many of the bars had been tipped-off prior to the operation taking place which was frustrating for senior officers who allocated resources which could have been used elsewhere."

But how could anyone have known that there were to be raids? After all, it's not as if they all line up in front of the Police Station just before leaving, with a load of journalists and video cameras in tow, announcing to the whole world what they are about to do, is it? I mean, that would give anyone nearby plenty of time to call all the bars in town and warn them.

If they did that it would just be silly.

And how would anyone know who is on drugs so as to keep them out of the bars?

And how would anyone know who is on drugs so as to keep them out of the bars?

I think those on drugs would be sensible enough to leave on their own once it was announced that a raid was imminent.

You would be correct 'if' they know the raids are imminent. However, I was commenting on your statement of "How would they know...............?"

You would be correct 'if' they know the raids are imminent. However, I was commenting on your statement of "How would they know...............?"

As I pointed out in my original post: prior to these raids the entire team lines up outside the police station with a load of journalists and video cameras in tow, whilst the boss wishes them good luck.

It wouldnt be hard for someone to see this and make a few calls, and I suspect that is what happened.