Second Wife

Aussietrooper

Guess if your position is high enough ... :D

Sonthi has two concurrent wives. He registered to marry his first wife, Sukanya, when he was a lieutenant and registered to a second wife, Piyada, when he was a captain. He currently lives with both women. Bigamy is illegal in Thailand, and is punishable with a jail term. However, Interior Minister Aree Wongsaraya defended Sonthi, claiming that it was a personal matter. He boasted that he himself had six wives.

Sonthi - Wiki

I did find an article from a law firm but can't link as it comes from the BP that indicates it is not exactly illegal in itself but can be caught as a criminal act when registering due to the below - basically it is an offense if you lie to the registrar about it: This is under Section 137 stating giving false information to a public official is a criminal offense.

While polygamy has since been abolished, it is still very much alive in Thailand, and according to reports, widely accepted.[4] Even still, such unions are not recognized under Thai law as in accordance with the law that states "A man or a woman cannot marry each other while one of them has a spouse."

My wife wants me to marry her 2 younger sister and have children with them both.....I'm confused and don't know what to do.

Might be OK if they are twins. But does 2 mean two people or 2nd? I am confused as to what you mean. By marriage to you mean in the village or at the courthouse?

My wife wants me to marry her 2 younger sister and have children with them both.....I'm confused and don't know what to do.

Might be OK if they are twins. But does 2 mean two people or 2nd? I am confused as to what you mean. By marriage to you mean in the village or at the courthouse?

The word both would be a good clue.

I'd like a chance to consider a similar offer!

I had a "Mia Noi" for a few years about a decade ago when my wife was working overseas a lot with UNICEF.

She set the whole thing up as she never wanted me to stray as I was younger then and not as grey or podgy as I am now.

Although I had always been a faithful husband (and still consider myself so), it was more that as a I was/am a man with a good job, savings etc. she thought that the threat came more from other women than from any lack of morality from my behalf.

She therefore set up this arrangement with a friend of hers with whom I had always got on well with.

While my wife was away (she did four months away, followed by 2 at home) my "Mia Noi" moved it and took care of all wifely duties.

When my wife returned home there was a seamless changeover where they would sit for an hour and my wife would be bought up to speed with everything concerning the running of the home and then my "Mia Noi" would vanish with nary a trace of her presence remaining.

When the sad day came for my wife to go back overseas, my "Mia Noi" would return and again there would be an hour's seamless "changeover" and things would carry on as normal only with a different woman at the helm.

At first I was highly dubious about the arrangement however after a few days I found that in the eyes of the Thai wives on our estate, this was a smart move on behalf of my wife and from the Thai men I got a lot of gentle ribbing at first but then a lot of "you lucky sod" type of comments all the time.

When my wife's overseas duties finally came to an end, we had a nice little party for her to thank her and she left as she had arrived - as a friend.

My former "Mia Noi" remains a close friend of both of us although she now lives in Uttaradit with her husband and we don't see her as much as we'd like.

In Thai society where this does go on, most often it is also at the behest of the "Mia Luang" more because she knows that if her husband is going to stray, then it may as well be with someone under her "control".

If you are just doing this for kicks, or because you marriage is having problems then I would not recommend it.

If your wife genuinely approves then leave it to her to arrange everything and good luck.

I hope that people will approach this topic with maturity as well as most of the sniggers and imbecile comments I had to endure at the time came from my fellow expats!!!

Maybe the wife's parents are behind this and want to win the sin sod lottery so to speak. What do the two sisters say about it? It has been my experience that one Thai wife is challenge enough and if a little variation is required then a rental wife is by far the better approach.

I had a "Mia Noi" for a few years about a decade ago when my wife was working overseas a lot with UNICEF.

She set the whole thing up as she never wanted me to stray as I was younger then and not as grey or podgy as I am now.

Although I had always been a faithful husband (and still consider myself so), it was more that as a I was/am a man with a good job, savings etc. she thought that the threat came more from other women than from any lack of morality from my behalf.

She therefore set up this arrangement with a friend of hers with whom I had always got on well with.

While my wife was away (she did four months away, followed by 2 at home) my "Mia Noi" moved it and took care of all wifely duties.

When my wife returned home there was a seamless changeover where they would sit for an hour and my wife would be bought up to speed with everything concerning the running of the home and then my "Mia Noi" would vanish with nary a trace of her presence remaining.

When the sad day came for my wife to go back overseas, my "Mia Noi" would return and again there would be an hour's seamless "changeover" and things would carry on as normal only with a different woman at the helm.

At first I was highly dubious about the arrangement however after a few days I found that in the eyes of the Thai wives on our estate, this was a smart move on behalf of my wife and from the Thai men I got a lot of gentle ribbing at first but then a lot of "you lucky sod" type of comments all the time.

When my wife's overseas duties finally came to an end, we had a nice little party for her to thank her and she left as she had arrived - as a friend.

My former "Mia Noi" remains a close friend of both of us although she now lives in Uttaradit with her husband and we don't see her as much as we'd like.

In Thai society where this does go on, most often it is also at the behest of the "Mia Luang" more because she knows that if her husband is going to stray, then it may as well be with someone under her "control".

If you are just doing this for kicks, or because you marriage is having problems then I would not recommend it.

If your wife genuinely approves then leave it to her to arrange everything and good luck.

I hope that people will approach this topic with maturity as well as most of the sniggers and imbecile comments I had to endure at the time came from my fellow expats!!!

Did you ever find out what your wife was also doing while she was O/S ??

Possible this arrangement made her feel better about her other arrangement.

Did you ever find out what your wife was also doing while she was O/S ??

Possible this arrangement made her feel better about her other arrangement.

See what I said about imbecile comments!

What is imbecile about it ??

You were home shagging another girl....yet it is inconceivable that she may have been doing the same ??.....but not a girl of course....unless...

Two younger sisters, OK. This is Thailand . Do you seriously want to have Children with both her sisters. ?

The 'other' goes without saying , but Can you afford it ? Do you have children with your Wife ?

Id suggest a Test Drive with no obligation

Edited by jubby