Pukka Pies...A Taste From Home?

gennisis

Maybe of interest to people from the NW UK....I've not seen them here before

Pukka Pies....have seen them advertised at northern fooball grounds on TV...Everton I think??

Anyhow I bought 2...Chicken and Mushroom & Chicken Balti.

The chic and Mushroom was tasty...certainly beats these horrible Aussie 'Lady Pies'.will have the 'Balti later this week.

How much please?

I think I remember arround 68 baht,but not sure.

at that price got to be made in china,ginsters pasties have a butchers at the calorie count[heart attack in a bag] for all you pie lovers have a butchers at the buriman piemans post on page5 in the isaan forum,that reminds me next order sept.10th

• 2 weeks later...

Here's hoping for Hollands Pies in the future!

OH. Yes :D :D :D

I would buy 50 Hollands Meat & Potato now,& yes they freeze well. :rolleyes:

But so far no signes in Thailand.

Unless anyone knows better.

Amazing thread given the excellent quality already availale in most parts of Thailand why anyone would want the mass produced <deleted>.

Mass Produced maybe,but Tasty. Can a million customers be wrong??whistling.gifwhistling.gif

biggrin.gif I guess not. I'd eat either one to be honest....and on that note anyone got a decent steak pie recipe? Come on MrRed I know you spend most of your day in the kitchen keeping the extended family fed on their favourite northern recipes.

When you're not out walking your whippet or at the bookies that is! laugh.gif

anyone had a clarks pie baked in cardiff the envy of all pie makers.pie,chips and gravy on the pavement caroline street by the old arms park,available at all rugby internationals and 10pints of scrumpy.roll on fri.rugby world cup,will have to make do with 10cans blackthorn and a buriram pie.

anyone had a clarks pie baked in cardiff the envy of all pie makers.pie,chips and gravy on the pavement caroline street by the old arms park,available at all rugby internationals and 10pints of scrumpy.roll on fri.rugby world cup,will have to make do with 10cans blackthorn and a buriram pie.

Ah...Clarks Pies....takes me back a bit.

Very popular in Bristol as well........loved them...mind you their discription as meat and potato pie was always a bit misleading was'nt it? Gravy and potato pie would be more accurate....but...once I did have a small chunk of unchewable meat in one pie!!

Amazing thread given the excellent quality already availale in most parts of Thailand why anyone would want the mass produced <deleted>.

Mass Produced maybe,but Tasty. Can a million customers be wrong??whistling.gifwhistling.gif

biggrin.gif I guess not. I'd eat either one to be honest....and on that note anyone got a decent steak pie recipe? Come on MrRed I know you spend most of your day in the kitchen keeping the extended family fed on their favourite northern recipes.

The problem I find in Thailand is that I just cant buy OX Kidney.. which is strange...every cow has one!.....so have to use Pigs instead.As long as I use the slow cooker for the beef I ,at least get a tender 'fair imitation" of a Steak and Kidney pie.

But if I cant be bothered there is always a Frey Bentos in my cupboard.rolleyes.gif

As mentioned by meatboy Buriram pies are great. Give them a try. You won't be dissapointed. The guy will delivery anywhere.

got a delivery coming sat.i will take a photo and try and post it.but there is a thread in the isaan forum.

As mentioned by meatboy Buriram pies are great. Give them a try. You won't be dissapointed. The guy will delivery anywhere.

got a delivery coming sat.i will take a photo and try and post it.but there is a thread in the isaan forum.

Just demolished a Steak & Kidney pie from Steve - delicious and generous filling.

• 2 weeks later...

Many western products now available in Pakchong/Khao Yai from the Sports Bar located on Nong Sarai. Many dried products eg Bisto, Oxo, English Mustard and Heinz beans. Also suppliers of pies, sausages and bacon etc. Call 0853987820 for more info.

Heinz baked beans in Thailand?

Yum yum! biggrin.gif