Thaksin Affirms No Plan To Return Home

webfact

"Thaksin Affirms No Plan to Return Home"

Whatever he says, turn it 180 degrees and you'll be closer to the truth. The Samak and Somchai governments had only one item on their agenda and it was to get the 'Paymaster' home so he could start the money train (you can't ride because you didn't support him). The new government is of the same mind. Since they can in no way honor their campaign pledges they are now focusing on changing the constitution while denying, denying, denying.

2011-08-23: Thaksin Affirms No Plan to Return Home

2011-08-23: I have no plan to go home : Thaksin

2011-08-23: I have no plan to go home : Thaksin, By Deutsche Presse Agentur

2011-08-24: Thaksin: I have no immediate plan to return home

The last article has an interesting mix of I and we. Figure of speech of course.

The "Whenever she needs advice, she calls me. I give her advice. I act like an encyclopaedia." suggest that either someone should sell Ms. Yingluck an encyclopedia (also nice for her son), or instruct her in how to search on the internet and the private government intranet. Maybe she should ask her son how to do rather than her brother ;)

She could consult her cabinet made up of the most qualified in their fields. /sarcasm

How he lies: He has no plans to return, but if invited how could he refuse?

If the new government appointed him an overseas ambassador how could it justify not inviting him home?

He has no plans while negotiations are still proceeding with the establishment to accept him back in and he overreaches to pressure them.

The reds? They are not comfortable but since they are financially in Thaksin's pocket only grumblings.

The forum cheerleaders? Supine and spineless.

Deputy PM Reneges on Bringing Thaksin Home

A deputy prime minister says his speech during the Pheu Thai Party's campaign trail to bring former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra home in six months is merely a campaign tactic.

Deputy Prime Minister Police Captain Chalerm Yoobamrung said his speech during the Pheu Thai Party's campaign trail to bring ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra home in six months after the party is in power is just a campaign tactic as he does not believed that Thaksin would return to the country in the near future.

As for criticism by the Opposition that he played a bigger role than Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and shielded her from tough questions during the declaration of the government's policies to Parliament, Chalerm said he believed his role will not affect the premier's leadership.

He claimed that the premier is in charge of the overall policy direction while Cabinet members would be responsible for queries on their respective responsibilities and she did well yesterday.

Chalerm noted that in the past, there was a former prime minister who delegated the tasks to ministers instead of personally answering queries and he was prime minister for over eight years.

When asked if the person he mentioned is Privy Council President General Prem Tinsulanonda, the deputy premier said he preferred not to name the person.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-08-24

It's amazing how they come out and straight out admit to lying.

There is an interesting interview with Thaksin in the Times, which is unfortunately behind a pay wall, but which I am sure will be much discussed with a lot of frothing at the mouth by his opponents as he states quite opely that if the Thai people ask him to return as PM, he will as they have stuck with him through so much that he wouldnt have the right to refuse. (paraphrasing his words, not mine)

There is an interesting interview with Thaksin in the Times, which is unfortunately behind a pay wall, but which I am sure will be much discussed with a lot of frothing at the mouth by his opponents as he states quite opely that if the Thai people ask him to return as PM, he will as they have stuck with him through so much that he wouldnt have the right to refuse. (paraphrasing his words, not mine)

'THE Thai people'? Those 48% of the electorate which bothered to vote ? Poor k. Thaksin, wouldn't have the right to refuse. He'd rather stay away from politics, as we all know. he said so many times :whistling:

'THE Thai people'? Those 48% of the electorate which bothered to vote ? Poor k. Thaksin, wouldn't have the right to refuse. He'd rather stay away from politics, as we all know. he said so many times :whistling:

I would look at it more as a negotiating tactic. This is all still likely to end in a deal. OK so Thaksin's hand is better than a few months ago, but he still cant just waltz back in. Take an extreme position that you know your opponents will have heart attacks over creates a lot more leeway in making concessions. Or maybe he does mean it..., which would indicate a very bumpy ride

Let's hope k. Thaksin has no plan to return home. The last country he visited just got downgraded by Moody's. The downgrade of Japan's government bond rating from Aa2 to Aa3 came today. I must admit rumour has it, it is not related to k. Thaksin or his visit to Japan ;)

Let's hope k. Thaksin has no plan to return home. The last country he visited just got downgraded by Moody's. The downgrade of Japan's government bond rating from Aa2 to Aa3 came today. I must admit rumour has it, it is not related to k. Thaksin or his visit to Japan ;)

Following his African template one can only expect he will be entering into a joint venture in the Blood Sushi industry very soon. Perhaps he can peddle the radiated foods to the child armies that support his other enterprises.

If people wish it I’ll return to lead again — I owe them, says Thaksin

enter 'Thaksin' in the search box of the-times-dot-co-dot-uk

Thaksin, who arrived in Japan on Monday, told reporters that he has no plans to return to Thailand unless there is reconciliation in the country's polarized political climate - something he said was "not there."

"I don't want to fuel any more conflict," Thaksin said. "I just want to be part of the solution, not part of the problems."

He also said he was willing to do jail time if he actually committed a crime, but described the charges against him as politically motivated.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/aug/23/ex-thai-pm-defends-contentious-trip-to-japan/

Thaksin, who arrived in Japan on Monday, told reporters that he has no plans to return to Thailand unless there is reconciliation in the country's polarized political climate - something he said was "not there."

"I don't want to fuel any more conflict," Thaksin said. "I just want to be part of the solution, not part of the problems."

He also said he was willing to do jail time if he actually committed a crime, but described the charges against him as politically motivated.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/aug/23/ex-thai-pm-defends-contentious-trip-to-japan/

from above link:

"Coming to Japan is my own right," he said.

The grandiosity never stops.

Can't see him tolerating that sort of comment by any foreigner asking to come to Thailand during his Thai Love Thai Party days.

Edited by Buchholz

Was wondering if there is anything in the coincidence? that he is in the same place and at the same tome as Joe B from the USA.

Could he already be some sort of an ambassador, unofficial of course and looking for new encyclopedia entries?

Was wondering if there is anything in the coincidence? that he is in the same place and at the same tome as Joe B from the USA.

Could he already be some sort of an ambassador, unofficial of course and looking for new encyclopedia entries?

coincidence