Married Visa

If you are married and have proof of an income of 40,000 baht a month you cna visit immigration to get a 1 year extension of stay. Visit immirgation during the last 30 days of your permission to stay.

Proof of income is: tax papers is income is from within Thailand, if from abroad you need a letter from your embassy confirming your income.

Have the misses call immgration to see what documetns your immirgation office eaxactly want to see. She has to go with you to apply.

You can never just go to immigration every three months. What you can do is extend your stay one year at a time with proof of 40k per month income or 400k in bank account for 2 months. Wife/marriage certificate/her ID and home register/photos in home together and outside with number showing/copies of passport/visa/permitted to stay stamp/departure card/TM.7 with current photo/1,900 baht fee/proof of address. Apply during last 30 days of non immigrant O visa entry and you must return 30 days later for official stamp after approval in Bangkok. There may be one set (Bangkok) or up to 3 sets of copies required. After this you must report address every 90 days if you do not leave Thailand and if you leave Thailand you must obtain a re-entry permit first to avoid losing the extension of stay.

You can never just go to immigration every three months. What you can do is extend your stay one year at a time with proof of 40k per month income or 400k in bank account for 2 months. Wife/marriage certificate/her ID and home register/photos in home together and outside with number showing/copies of passport/visa/permitted to stay stamp/departure card/TM.7 with current photo/1,900 baht fee/proof of address. Apply during last 30 days of non immigrant O visa entry and you must return 30 days later for official stamp after approval in Bangkok. There may be one set (Bangkok) or up to 3 sets of copies required. After this you must report address every 90 days if you do not leave Thailand and if you leave Thailand you must obtain a re-entry permit first to avoid losing the extension of stay.

Thank you so Much so i have to go my embassy to ask a letter from my income right so im Canadian do yo know how manny days t0 wait for my letter if i go tomorrow i have the letter same day or i have to wait a weeks thanks again its mey last question

Thank you so Much so i have to go my embassy to ask a letter from my income right so im Canadian do yo know how manny days t0 wait for my letter if i go tomorrow i have the letter same day or i have to wait a weeks thanks again its mey last question

so again i have to translate my letter english to Thai or not

so again i have to translate my letter english to Thai or not

by the way im not 50 years old im only 42 its ok

I expect letter is done same day but don't know for sure as various Embassies have different rules and procedures. Being 42 is not a problem for marriage extension of stay. Letter is fine in English.

lopburi so when i have all my paper i have to go in laos or Bangkok immigration by the way i live in Ayutthaya and for now i have ED Visa finish on the 7 october i have to go around 7 of september to applye

Every time i came back with what they previously asked for, they demanded something new,

last time they demanded a copy of my visa card, at which point i gave up.

Immigration in Jomtien are corrupt, she refused to write down her demands, she refused to identify herself, she refused to bring her boss over.

I'll be bringing one of those video recorders that look like a pen next time i have to deal with the scum.

Edited by poanoi

I expect letter is done same day but don't know for sure as various Embassies have different rules and procedures. Being 42 is not a problem for marriage extension of stay. Letter is fine in English.

lopburi so when i have all my paper i have to go in laos or Bangkok immigration by the way i live in Ayutthaya and for now i have ED Visa finish on the 7 october i have to go around 7 of september to applye

You have to go to Immigration in Ayutthaya.

See: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=214923170432669428134.000465f03d84d91df360b&t=h&z=6

for address.

For what its worth, we just had THE visit, after applying for visa ext as married.

The guy didnt even come inside, he was pleasant and just wanted some paper war that we were asked to prepare.

Before, at Mae Sai, we were helped thru the process by a friendly lady, I had gone early as I was not sure I had everything, she gave us a printed sheet with the requirements, she crossed out some and ticked the things she wanted. We then went back a few days later to submit it.

I think it is worth while going early just in case.

I think this is another example of who you deal with and where you are required to go as to your result, I always have a pleasant time at Mae Sai.

You apply at the office serving your area for extensions of stay - you would only go to Laos or other country to obtain a visa. Normally a non immigrant O visa is used for extension of stay so I would ask them about using the ED visa first. A non immigrant O visa can always be obtained from local Consulate (single entry of 90 days) with marriage certificate/copy of wife ID and home register if required. You would not need money in bank or letter until later in that case. You apply during last 30 days but it does not have to be exactly - 2-3 weeks early should be fine in event a new document must be found or something. One other item for marriage often required is the ledger entry paper from District Office that details the marriage so best to have both KR2 and KR3 forms and copies with you for the extension application.

Ayutthaya Immigration Office

Last Updated by Maestro on Jul 1

—— Postal address ——

Immigration Office

Amphoe Mueang

Ayutthaya 13000 ด่านตรวจคนเข้าเมือง

อ.เมือง

จ.พระนครศรีอยุธยา 13000

Phone: 0-3532-2667

Email: [email protected]

Service Area: Provinces of Ayutthaya, Ang Tong, Suphanburi

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=214923170432669428134.000465f03d84d91df360b&t=h&z=6

Be prepared to provide two copies of backup documents proving your monthly income, especially if it's the first time you have used an proof of income affidavit. Take it with you. They may not ask or they may ask. If your not prepared you will have to go get the proof and return. The only time in 14 years they ask was year before last when so many were falsifying their affidavits, and immigration starting getting wise to it. It your legit, not a thing to worry about. Chiangmai requires two copies of everything, including map and two pictures. They even cut up each picture and paste them on their documents which has info on you and your wife. Good luck and be cool.