Peeing Purple

SDH

It's likely that they only test for methamphetamines.

Don't base a decision to do anything on this, but the reason I say this is the hospital on Beach Rd Soi 4 in Pattaya has done my last two annual exams for my work and I always checked the blocks for comprhensive drug tests whether requested or not (since I was sure I was clean). The hospital stated that they were only capable of meth tests, not THC or others. They would have to send to Bangkok for that. Seems strange to me but TIT.

I know the cops may be using different tests, but the more comprehensive , the more expensive so I bet they only look for the serious stuff.

This is a bad place to even think about doing drugs, just drink heavily like the rest of us.

A pot smoker has THC that may show up a month after the last smoke but I think it's safe here if thats your only drug vice.

Alright, thanks a bunch.

I never knew about these before and I thought I had done solid research on Thailand! Especially since a lot of the guys I know that have gone there are people into heavy drugs... one guy told me (which I don't believe this at all) that Thai police don't care much about pot just any other drug is taboo and extreme consequences.

He told me a story about some guy with an ounce laying on his bed and the police were looking around other bungalo's due to a break in and his door was open with his bag of pot on the bed and the cops walked in, took all of the baht in his wallet and said "Don't keep your door open." and left.

I have no clue if that is true or not... but, aren't the Thai police also less concerned with farangs because they don't want to mess with their tourism industry so they are more likely to go after Thai's?

I've also heard that Thai police will target Westerners because they get comission off of the bribes farangs pay to get out of jail.

Jesse,

Research on Thailand and it's ever changing legal system that is multi-layered (poor, middle class, wealthy and ultra stinking rich)is hard to do without actually living here for a while so I'll give you some tips.

1) Don't touch any drugs in Thailand.

2) Don't hang around people that are doing drugs as you're guilty by association (say you're in hotel room and they're doing drugs).

3) If you think it's safe and there's no police presence...think again (they're evrywhere) especially at full moon parties and night clubs.

4) You can be busted for buying dope (any kind) from an under cover cop.

5) The Canadian Govt. cannot and will not even attempt to help you if you're silly enough to get caught.

6) Unless you would like to have a very extended holiday at the Hilton come here and get stupid drunk like all the rest of us.

Have a good trip!! :o

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't base a decision to do anything on this, but the reason I say this is the hospital on Beach Rd Soi 4 in Pattaya has done my last two annual exams for my work and I always checked the blocks for comprhensive drug tests whether requested or not (since I was sure I was clean). The hospital stated that they were only capable of meth tests, not THC or others. They would have to send to Bangkok for that. Seems strange to me but TIT.

I know the cops may be using different tests, but the more comprehensive , the more expensive so I bet they only look for the serious stuff.

This is a bad place to even think about doing drugs, just drink heavily like the rest of us.

A pot smoker has THC that may show up a month after the last smoke but I think it's safe here if thats your only drug vice.

Alright, thanks a bunch.

I never knew about these before and I thought I had done solid research on Thailand! Especially since a lot of the guys I know that have gone there are people into heavy drugs... one guy told me (which I don't believe this at all) that Thai police don't care much about pot just any other drug is taboo and extreme consequences.

He told me a story about some guy with an ounce laying on his bed and the police were looking around other bungalo's due to a break in and his door was open with his bag of pot on the bed and the cops walked in, took all of the baht in his wallet and said "Don't keep your door open." and left.

I have no clue if that is true or not... but, aren't the Thai police also less concerned with farangs because they don't want to mess with their tourism industry so they are more likely to go after Thai's?

I've also heard that Thai police will target Westerners because they get comission off of the bribes farangs pay to get out of jail.

Jesse,

Research on Thailand and it's ever changing legal system that is multi-layered (poor, middle class, wealthy and ultra stinking rich)is hard to do without actually living here for a while so I'll give you some tips.

2) Don't hang around people that are doing drugs as you're guilty by association (say you're in hotel room and they're doing drugs).

3) If you think it's safe and there's no police presence...think again (they're evrywhere) especially at full moon parties and night clubs.

5) The Canadian Govt. cannot and will not even attempt to help you if you're silly enough to get caught.

6) Unless you would like to have a very extended holiday at the Hilton come here and get stupid drunk like all the rest of us.

Have a good trip!! :D

Yeah I already made up my mind a while back to not do any drugs of any sort in Thailand due to the extreme risk plus over here I won't touch anything but pot, yeah I know I still smoked pot yippee ding dong, and so all I'm guilty of is smoking pot back here... I sure hope it gets out of my system soon.

Yeah I just had a hair cut :o

Alright, thanks a bunch.

Jesse,

Have a good trip!! :D

Yeah I already made up my mind a while back to not do any drugs of any sort in Thailand due to the extreme risk plus over here I won't touch anything but pot, yeah I know I still smoked pot yippee ding dong, and so all I'm guilty of is smoking pot back here... I sure hope it gets out of my system soon.

Yeah I just had a hair cut :o

OK, you may have had a haircut recently AND be a skinny guy AND have been drinking copius amounts of cranberry juice, BUT if you are arriving with the next couple of days, it's STILL going to be in your system.

I'm afraid the only solution to be completely safe will be to have a total replacement of your blood volume with clean THC-free blood... so get yourself down to the hospital and get started pronto:

blood-bag-photos.jpg

There is a pill you can take from pharmacies over in Thailand that will make the THC leave your blood quicker... sorry, no idea on the details.

This is a great example of why you should never make a decision based on things you read in this forum.

What do you mean? Just ask any long-term bargirl, most of them pop it like candy.

edit: I see I have to be extra careful with my words today. Ask any ganja-smoking, 'ex yaba addict i-only-smoke-ganja-on-tuesdays-coz-its-better-than-yaba' type bar girl and they will be able to tell you where and what to buy to assist the traceable elements of weed in leaving your system the faster.

I don't do drugs in any country and nor should you, yadda yadda yadda.

Last time my acquiantance got nicked with Special K, it cost 300,000baht in bribes to get out of the situation. I never do nor have done any drugs in my life and do not condone their use, it is illegal etc. etc. etc. In a lot of the after-hours parties in homes and hotel rooms I've been to in Bangkok, there's E, coke and/or K going around - with those wannabe hi-so chicks from Silom Soi 4, q-bar etc or with beer bargirls. Bring in the katoeys and I'd say drugs abound in absolutely every such party I've attended. Biggest worry is that some of the neighbours will complain to the police and the boys in brown will bombcrash the door and spoil the fun.

Drugs are everywhere in Thailand, but it's still very illegal and if you're unlucky enough to get caught, you're seriously in the sh*t. Better get your wallet out and buy yourself out of trouble the sooner the better.

-NM

Woah what?! I've never heard of that before!

I don't plan to do any drugs over there but I smoked weed last night and I will smoke again before I leave most likely... and THC takes anywhere from 1-90 days to leave your system depending on metabolism and such so <deleted>? If I test positive for THC but, it's from here <deleted>?

I'd watch out there dude. I'd say there's a decent chance you're going to get busted and locked up right tight. On bright side is you get free rent I think

I imagine the police use the test that detacts amphetamine based substances, which inc. Yaba and meth, MDMA and similar drugs. LSD will not be detected in this test since it is not an amphetamine based compound.

Im pretty sure the cops will not test for gan-cha...

Edited by hopeless

For the record ive taken E, ketamine and cannabis in LOS no problems. I would advise anyone NOT to do drugs in LOS but if you have to take please be discreet about it.

If you have smoked pot back in your country i wouldnt worry about comming to LOS. You probably have a better chance of winning the lotto than getting busted for having THC in yr system

There is a pill you can take from pharmacies over in Thailand that will make the THC leave your blood quicker... sorry, no idea on the details.

It doesnt make it leave yer blood quicker, it just contaminates the test apparently. So u will always come up as negative. I heard it was for yabba rather than pot tho?

Some sort of cough medicine/pill is it not? :o

THC sticks to fat cells so basically if you're a fat mother ######er then you'll be more likely to fail for a long period but, I'm a skinny guy that exercises regularily so I'm hoping it leaves my body quickly... I'm going to be drinking mass amounts of cranberry juice  :o

I wouldnt worry about it, there not going to seriously kick off unless yer caught in possesion. In which case yer screwed, and deservedly should be locked up with the rest of the muppets who get caught with drugs here.

Just make sure u have some plastic with plenty of ammunition on it incase the worse comes to the worse. :D

THC sticks to fat cells so basically if you're a fat mother ######er then you'll be more likely to fail for a long period but, I'm a skinny guy that exercises regularily so I'm hoping it leaves my body quickly... I'm going to be drinking mass amounts of cranberry juice  :o

I wouldnt worry about it, there not going to seriously kick off unless yer caught in possesion. In which case yer screwed, and deservedly should be locked up with the rest of the muppets who get caught with drugs here.

Just make sure u have some plastic with plenty of ammunition on it incase the worse comes to the worse. :D

Bit unfair to call them muppets, some Thais, i would guess around 95% of the population are extremely poor and dont have the freedom you and I have.

Would you be happy someone calling you a muppet while you're locked up for sleeping with a prostitute?

For the record ive taken E, ketamine and cannabis in LOS no problems.  I would advise anyone NOT to do drugs in LOS but if you have to take please be discreet about it.

If you have smoked pot back in your country i wouldnt worry about comming to LOS.  You probably have a better chance of winning the lotto than getting busted for having THC in yr system

And as there are lottery winners everyday... better to hurry up and finish with that blood replacement treatment. You can then rest easy on your flight over instead of arriving as a sweaty, desperate, paranoid, drug user.

I imagine the police use the test that detacts amphetamine based substances, which inc.  Yaba and meth, MDMA and similar drugs.  LSD will not be detected in this test since it is not an amphetamine based compound.

Im pretty sure the cops will not test for gan-cha...

I'm pretty sure you got it wrong...

The Bureau provides analytical services for testing of seized drug and precusor, psychotropic substances, illegal drugs and dietary supplementary abuses. Urine samples are tested for the detection of amphetamine type stimulant, opiates, canabinoids and cocaine. The Bureau coordinates and provides analytical support for Office of Narcotic Control Board and Royal Thai Police. The scientists also serve as expert witnesses in the prosecution. For rapid screening, the Bureau supports and provides urine drug test kit nationwide .

Bit unfair to call them muppets, some Thais, i would guess around 95% of the population are extremely poor and dont have the freedom you and I have.

Would you be happy someone calling you a muppet while you're locked up for sleeping with a prostitute?

Still Muppets!!! :D

THC sticks to fat cells so basically if you're a fat mother ######er then you'll be more likely to fail for a long period but, I'm a skinny guy that exercises regularily so I'm hoping it leaves my body quickly... I'm going to be drinking mass amounts of <a  style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=31&k=cranberry%20juice" onmouseover="window.status='cranberry juice'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">cranberry juice</a>  :o

I wouldnt worry about it, there not going to seriously kick off unless yer caught in possesion. In which case yer screwed, and deservedly should be locked up with the rest of <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=31&k=the%20muppets" onmouseover="window.status='the muppets'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">the muppets</a> who get caught with drugs here.

Hah my credit card only has a $1,000 limit :D

Bit unfair to call them muppets,

Probably not, but how often do you hear of people being locked up for this in Thailand? however it would be my own fault and i'd live with it :D

People are well aware of the drugs laws in SE Asia, they deserve all they get :o

Edited by Joey Boy

I think you will find hopeless, he was going on about muppet farangs not Thais

Well, I doubt there is a concrete list of what bribe is needed for what situation, but anything 'serious' that you can still bribe your way out of on the spot involves this double withdrawl thing usually..or so I am told.

I've heard that if you get pulled down to the station it's a different ball game depending on the characters involved.

Well, I doubt there is a concrete list of what bribe is needed for what situation, but anything 'serious' that you can still bribe your way out of on the spot involves this double withdrawl thing usually..or so I am told.

I've heard that if you get pulled down to the station it's a different ball game depending on the characters involved.

I forgot this in my tips to Jesse the other day...

What ever you do try and get out of the shit before you get to the station.....The sh*t has hit the fan at that point and you can bet your a*s 100k isn't going to cover it.